Home

Goalscoring

This is a discussion on Goalscoring within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2015, 12:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Goalscoring

Howdy folks.

I've been an avid football gamer since FIFA '99. I have found this to be the most challenging FIFA to date. I welcome the challenge and its insistence that you re-learn the game you thought you knew so well. Gone are the days of pace-abusing or fake-shot-cuts to lose the defender. You've really got to work for your space. I'm trying to find my way through that and I've been creating more chances as the matches go on.

What I ask, though, is whether anyone else is having a very difficult time getting past the keepers? I'm playing on World Class on Matt and Orion's sliders, if that makes a difference.

For me it feels as though keepers catch everything and are incredibly hard to beat one-on-one. I'd appreciate any tips from those of you who are having less trouble.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 03:16 PM   #2
Pro

stevostl's Arena

Re: Goalscoring

maybe try playing the game with the default sliders and on pro or world class with assisted controls

I seem to have no problem scoring

I would say orion or matt's sliders are probably for fifa sim regulars trying to make it as sim as possible and they are usually meant to be played with manual or semi assisted controls which also makes the game harder to begin with

I don't see how you can even have a slider set for a game that just released any ways that plays pretty darn good and sim out of the box as is. I wouldn't even touch sliders at this point until you play the game for at least a week at the very least.. but that's just me

tweaking sliders already for a game that just released is a bit overkill if you ask me unless if you see something drastically wrong with the gameplay that needs to be adjusted which to be honest I haven't yet.... try playing the game on the default sliders for awhile before making tweaks after just playing a handful of games maybe for a change? This FIFA is probably the best ever out of the box controls I have seen...

Last edited by stevostl; 09-23-2015 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
maybe try playing the game with the default sliders and on pro or world class with assisted controls

I would say orion or matt's sliders are probably for fifa sim regulars trying to make it as sim as possible and they are usually meant to be played with manual or semi assisted controls which also makes the game harder to begin with

I don't see how you can even have a slider set for a game that just released any ways that plays pretty darn good and sim out of the box as is. I wouldn't even touch sliders at this point until you play the game for at least a week at the very least.. but that's just me

tweaking sliders already for a game that just released is a bit overkill if you ask me unless if you see something drastically wrong with the gameplay that needs to be adjusted which to be honest I haven't yet.... try playing the game on the default sliders for awhile before making tweaks after just playing a handful of games maybe for a change? This FIFA is probably the best ever out of the box controls I have seen...
Got to agree with you Stevo I don't see any need to use the sliders this year plays really well out the box and a very well balanced game. FIFA is awesome this year. Amazing how a few small tweaks can make such a difference.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:31 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl

I don't have the game. Are you having trouble beating the keeper like the op?

Last edited by tessl; 09-23-2015 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:50 PM   #5
Pro

stevostl's Arena

no but I'm also playing on PRofessional and World class so far with assisted shooting at the moment so that probably makes a bigger difference than what he is probably playing on. I tend to adjust accordingly. if the game becomes to easy for me then I switch difficulty and or assisted controls. but I plan on playing a lot of online this year in FIFA so I want to get use to the best controls for competitive online gaming this year so that means I'm playing without manual for now. Normally I do play manual but not now.. also the game feels good still to me even with assisted controls which in the past it didn't to me. I only use manual for lob pass and semi for crossing at the moment.. I'm sure I will play all manual at some point but I don't want to be switching between controls at the moment..

I haven't played the game with semi or manual shooting and I think the OP is I'm guessing.

I'm going to try to play on legendary tonight to see how it is.

Last edited by stevostl; 09-23-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 09:21 AM   #6
Rookie

Ball_Bag's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm also using Matt and Orion's World Class sliders and can't score to save my life either. I've was always been below average at PES anyway, just wanted to try their sliders because their highly regarded.

I'll probably lower the difficulty and still use their sliders as a base till I get realistic results for the way I play.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:35 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball_Bag
I'm also using Matt and Orion's World Class sliders and can't score to save my life either. I've was always been below average at PES anyway, just wanted to try their sliders because their highly regarded.

I'll probably lower the difficulty and still use their sliders as a base till I get realistic results for the way I play.
Interesting. I've always played with their sliders but actually found Fifa's offline experience in '15 to be far too easy. This is a brilliant game of football (though CPU passing needs to be nerfed) but I've definitely had my struggles.

I did notice they're playing with 15/15 for keeper settings since keepers catch far too many shots otherwise. Maybe try that?

Didn't mean to turn this into a slider thread! I did try going to back to untouched sliders and have had more luck scoring. Still can't win to save my life though!
Old 09-25-2015, 01:44 PM   #8
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Falafel
Interesting. I've always played with their sliders but actually found Fifa's offline experience in '15 to be far too easy. This is a brilliant game of football (though CPU passing needs to be nerfed) but I've definitely had my struggles.

I did notice they're playing with 15/15 for keeper settings since keepers catch far too many shots otherwise. Maybe try that?

Didn't mean to turn this into a slider thread! I did try going to back to untouched sliders and have had more luck scoring. Still can't win to save my life though!
Honestly I am enjoying the game with the sliders being much closer to the default settings. I just made a little tweaks here and there but I like it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »