Home

Custom Tactics Discussion

This is a discussion on Custom Tactics Discussion within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2015, 11:19 AM   #57
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Custom Tactics Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
It's true. If you tell players to stay wide, for example, they stay wide. But if you tell a DM to stay back, he doesn't stay back that much.

The idea of the instructions and team sheets are fantastic—it just sucks that not only were they not made deeper this year, but they also still aren't working.
Try telling your wingers to stay forward, it won't work either
Old 09-29-2015, 12:02 PM   #58
Just started!

Thanks, Krebstar, for the information. That sucks, but I'll look into it as I play some more. Hopefully there is a way
Old 09-29-2015, 12:30 PM   #59
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgvvj
Thanks, Krebstar, for the information. That sucks, but I'll look into it as I play some more. Hopefully there is a way
As I mentioned before, I was trying to get them to work in 15 until a few months ago, so I'll definitely keep messing around with it in hopes something clicks.

Hoping in a patch we see something like "Addressed issue with custom tactics not working correctly", or something similar.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:57 PM   #60
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
As I mentioned before, I was trying to get them to work in 15 until a few months ago, so I'll definitely keep messing around with it in hopes something clicks.

Hoping in a patch we see something like "Addressed issue with custom tactics not working correctly", or something similar.
What do you think the possibility of a patch addressing this issue is bud?
Old 09-29-2015, 06:24 PM   #61
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

Forwards and Strikers will stay forward when told...

Wings not so much and CAM's better than wings but nothing like forwards.

Squeeze your wings in just a shade and make them wide forwards and they will stay forward. And if you set the positioning tactic to stay central they will still go wide when they should and come in when they should.

CDM's are weird (or this is what I see happening) what happens is a mid will stay back but your mids play total football regardless if you want them to or not. So, yes a mid will stay back as a holding CDM... but good look getting your actual CDM and other mids to keep shape so the right one stays back. I literally changed my formation and got rid of the CDM because this is so frustrating. If you have two CDM's one is always gonna go forward and which one is a guess.... You can set one to stay back and the other to get forward but again they will play total football and swap places and stuff all game long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 06:35 PM   #62
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

This I just found out and tested it a ton and it is true. If you set pass error higher in sliders the CPU does not miss more easy passes but instead tries more high risk/reward passes. I was shocked but it is true. They will bomb the ball down the field everytime they touch it if you go to high on the pass error slider.

Anyhow others probs knew this but I just learned it. Higher pass error removes or limits tiki taka play by the CPU and unless you go crazy they still are pretty efficient.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:47 PM   #63
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpritePuck

Squeeze your wings in just a shade and make them wide forwards and they will stay forward. And if you set the positioning tactic to stay central they will still go wide when they should and come in when they should.

CDM's are weird (or this is what I see happening) what happens is a mid will stay back but your mids play total football regardless if you want them to or not. So, yes a mid will stay back as a holding CDM... but good look getting your actual CDM and other mids to keep shape so the right one stays back. I literally changed my formation and got rid of the CDM because this is so frustrating. If you have two CDM's one is always gonna go forward and which one is a guess.... You can set one to stay back and the other to get forward but again they will play total football and swap places and stuff all game long.
Good observation, I haven't noticed this yet and will have to try it out. It is a shame you can't just have two CDM just sit back and defend Southampton style. But I can't believe that CM will stay back more than a CDM, that is crazy FIFA logic lol.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:54 PM   #64
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpritePuck

You don't have to tell RF LF's to stay forward they automatically will. There is no option to do so.

The problem with changing them to Forwards rather than wingers is that they will never start wide, just make runs wide, which is annoying for me. Especially since I start Messi at RAM so he'll occasionally play in the midfield. But he'll NEVER stay back. Really frustrating

The CDM staying back is much better than last year, but yea you're right on everything else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »