Home

Training in career mode help!

This is a discussion on Training in career mode help! within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2015, 01:04 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Training in career mode help!

hi guys just want to know what u guys think:

1. Is it cheating to use the training with your players and then develop them this way? I need to know if CPU does the same with their players I mean if they do then I think is ok for me to use the training and improve my players rating but if CPU doesnt is there a way to turn it off? Or would sim through it means computer automatically help me train the players or actually skip the training so no players will be trained?

2. for those that use this feature can u tell me if its easy medium or difficult tk actually get the players to get better?

Thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 01:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Training in career mode help!

Why would it be cheating when it is a mechanic in the game?

Personally I just give them hard drills and sim them all. Don't have time to play 5 skill games all the time and the simulation does a pretty good job of it.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:30 PM   #3
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

I do the same thing with the training, only I focus it on one player to make the grow very quickly. If you're worried about the realism of that, think of it as taking a player under your wing and personally mentoring them into stardom. If you're into narratives, definitely a way to take a young promising prospect into your starting XI sooner rather than later.

Another way to look at it is that it finally gives us the ability to shore up some of the shortcomings we find in certain players and especially youth players you find in the in-game youth scouting system. Guy has great stats but low stamina? You're no longer at the mercy of the game's progression and can actually make those players useful. Similarly, you can take a midfielder (for instance) who has (also for instance) great passing naturally and boost their shooting to convert them from a natural holding midfielder to an attacking one based on your team's needs.

IMO, very realistic, very needed.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:39 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Thank you for the responses guys, I hope more people can come in and give some thoughts on training in career mode this season. However, I would really want to ask if the CPU does the same thing with their players, like do they train them and make them improve?
Old 09-25-2015, 12:10 AM   #5
Pro

DirectFX's Arena

OVR: 12

Good thread I'm also interested in how training goes especially if you get the mismatched youth players that had mixed up stats for their position

Currently Playing: PS4
-The Division
-MLB The Show 16
-NBA 2k17
-FIFA 17?
-NHL 17?
-GTA V
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 10:40 AM   #6
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Thank you for the responses guys, I hope more people can come in and give some thoughts on training in career mode this season. However, I would really want to ask if the CPU does the same thing with their players, like do they train them and make them improve?

My guess would be no, but CPU progression has always been different than your own. I wouldn't use that as a barometer for fairness personally.

You can take a youth player and assign them to all five trainings (all at the "hard" level) and sim to get like +10 growth to overall in a season. High potential/low beginning overall players work best. I've raised Jordan Rossiter to a 70 OVR by November already.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:24 PM   #7
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Training seems to be a mixed bag for me. For example. I found two central mid players in youth. Both are 15. Both had potential to be 78-85. Both came in at 52. They both had very similar stats across the board. Maybe off of each other by 2-3 points max in any stat. I trained them both in the same drills each week. One player has taken off and become a beast by February. The other player hasn't hardly done anything. The one guy is now a 65, the other is a 56. The one guy wont get better than a C in simmed drills so he wont grow all that fast. He actually averages a D I think. The other guy gets A's every time.

I'm not complaining. I like this. Its realistic. Not every player will be a top flight player. So its nice to see that some kids who have high potential might not actually end up being great players. They wont live up to their potential. Or it will just take them much longer to reach it. This also makes doing youth difficult for me right now. Because I have a hard time deciding what kids to accept now. In 15 I just looked at potential and speed ratings. Now that doesn't seem to matter, players grow differently.

Old 09-25-2015, 12:42 PM   #8
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
Training seems to be a mixed bag for me. For example. I found two central mid players in youth. Both are 15. Both had potential to be 78-85. Both came in at 52. They both had very similar stats across the board. Maybe off of each other by 2-3 points max in any stat. I trained them both in the same drills each week. One player has taken off and become a beast by February. The other player hasn't hardly done anything. The one guy is now a 65, the other is a 56. The one guy wont get better than a C in simmed drills so he wont grow all that fast. He actually averages a D I think. The other guy gets A's every time.

I'm not complaining. I like this. Its realistic. Not every player will be a top flight player. So its nice to see that some kids who have high potential might not actually end up being great players. They wont live up to their potential. Or it will just take them much longer to reach it. This also makes doing youth difficult for me right now. Because I have a hard time deciding what kids to accept now. In 15 I just looked at potential and speed ratings. Now that doesn't seem to matter, players grow differently.

I assign one player to five diff (hard level) drills every week and sim, usually he gets Cs and Ds and I've raised him +9 overall by November (first season). As and Bs are overrated, you'll still get fantastic growth even with that in my experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »