Home

FIFA 16 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2015, 11:45 AM   #49
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA 16 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Knew how to do it, but didn't know that you could double and triple! Thanks for that!
Yeah, this is critical to using pace in 16. I see some people complain about getting caught by slower defenders and I think many people just haven't mastered this. FWIW the triple tap is hard as hell I find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Question(s): Does the dominant foot of CBs really matter? Is it better to have a left footed LCB and a right footed RCB, or, the opposite?

Or, does it even really matter at all? I know Arsenal run Koscielny and Gabriel, and they're both R footed so, I was just curious as I try to plan to build a hybrid UT.

TIA guys!
No it doesn't, unfortunately. I do it sometimes just for immersions sake.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:15 AM   #50
Rookie

BigRed07's Arena

OVR: 0

Just bought FIFA 16 after last having FIFA 14. I noticed that you can't assign your custom tactic to the d pad anymore. So when I start a game on custom as my choice then switch to high pressure and want to switch back to custom I need to press start and manually choose my custom tactic? I must be missing something here. That doesn't make any sense. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:59 AM   #51
Rookie

How do you deal with the CPU completing 90+% of their passes? Especially after an early goal they just won't take any risk. I've had stretches of at least 5 minutes in game where they just keep it in the back and refuse to take any chances. Even pressuring doesn't help since even the goalkeeper turns into a great passer on the highest difficulty.

I can still win most games, but it definitely takes the fun out when you already know you won't see the ball again for the rest of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2015, 04:46 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 5

Are you guys able to keep up with the CPU in terms of possession numbers? I had finally gotten possession under control in pro and was then killing teams so I bumped it up to WC. I'm doing OK overall but I hate the feeling that I never have the ball. The only way for me to play successful D is following the tips on this thread and being patient and generally only controlling my CDM in my half. This has worked for cutting down the goals but without pressing the CPU at all they hold the ball FOREVER before they make a mistake. I am now getting ~40% possession on average and it doesn't feel right.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 12-14-2015, 11:51 AM   #53
Rookie

ImmortalMindz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
Are you guys able to keep up with the CPU in terms of possession numbers? I had finally gotten possession under control in pro and was then killing teams so I bumped it up to WC. I'm doing OK overall but I hate the feeling that I never have the ball. The only way for me to play successful D is following the tips on this thread and being patient and generally only controlling my CDM in my half. This has worked for cutting down the goals but without pressing the CPU at all they hold the ball FOREVER before they make a mistake. I am now getting ~40% possession on average and it doesn't feel right.
On Legendary with default settings I'm usually about 50-50 split with the CPU, give or take 5% each way. Sliders can change this.

Unfortunately this game favors the CPU's in possession, due to programming tendencies and some imbalances (tactical defending sucks), but you should be able to match the CPU's possession stats. Takes time though - I used to regularly get owned 60-40 too.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:30 AM   #54
Rookie

Does anyone here know how to prevent wingers tracking back when you lose the ball? They're never on their positions when I need them to counterattack. It's always the midfielders and even the defensive midfielder running up to counterattack while the wingers are still in the back playing secondary fullback
Old 12-20-2015, 10:03 AM   #55
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo

This is one of fifa's big glaring issues playing the cpu. They will not take risks.

Watch a real match and no matter the quality of the teams you will see so many unforced errors. Bad passes, poorly judged passes, senseless passes.

The cpu in fifa just won't play the risky pass. Same thing exists with cpu shooting. The cpu is doing so many calculations it never judges a shot worth being taken unless it has a 99.9% chance of going in.

These are the reasons why the pass completion pct is so high and why the cpu will usually have the same amount of shots as goals.

These are legacy issues. This could be solved by redoing the logic but EA doesnt seem to think there is a problem here because each new Fifa trots out with the same issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2015, 12:36 PM   #56
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Pretty simple questions:

1. In past FIFA games, there was a button that you could hold as you were receiving a pass to let the ball go through your player's legs (usually used if you had another teammate behind you). Is this mechanic still in the game, and if so, how do you do it?

2. Sometimes, I make a pass to a player and have a teammate making a run right past him and I want to make a little tap-pass basically (basically, the guy I want to pass to is only 5 or so feet away). I have a REALLY hard time making this pass (I play on all manual, which I think makes this particular pass more difficult). The only thing I can think of is to use the finesse pass in this situation. Is that the right thing to do?

3. I could probably look this up on my own, but I'm at work right now and it's on my mind... is there still a driven shot in this game?
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »