Home

Mix and Match Kits

This is a discussion on Mix and Match Kits within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2015, 10:32 AM   #1
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8
Mix and Match Kits

Having watched United's last two Champion's League matches, it has really struck a nerve with me that we still can't mix and match shirts, shorts, and socks. It's ridiculous, actually. Yesterday, they wore white socks with their home kits. The match before, they wore the all black away shorts (without the little white patches) with their black shirts. We can't do that. WHY NOT? All of those things are IN THE GAME. We should have the option of being able to use them together. What irks me the most, and I've said it plenty of times in other threads, is that EA just doesn't seem to care. They don't communicate with us AT ALL. They don't communicate with ANYONE unless it's to answer questions about FUT or FIFA Coins, because, hey, gotta have the extra income. We have some really good ideas. Some of us have some really GREAT ideas, but they never get used, because they just don't care/don't bother reading them. Madden uses feedback. NBA 2K uses feedback. MLB The Show uses feedback. How is it that the biggest sports game in the world doesn't?! Have they gotten so full of themselves that they just think they know what's best for us? Look how long it took them to do anything about the winter gear bug and technically, it's still not COMPLETELY fixed. It's pathetic how they go about things. I'm sorry, guys, but watching United last night just kinda made me lose it for a bit. I LOVE the game. I really do. The game-play is better than it's ever been. It's just that it could be even better if someone working for them would just come down off their high horse and listen to some of our ideas every once in a while and stop worrying so much about how much extra cash they can pull in from FUT. For anyone that actually read this rant, I genuinely appreciate you taking the time. Just needed to get it off my chest.
#WeAreND
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 11:24 AM   #2
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Mix and Match Kits

I wish we could do this too

It seems so elementary to be able to do this. We could do this in last gen titles. I still don't understand why stuff (that works) is EVER removed?

Arsenal has worn all white and all red socks this year with their home kits. They've also worn all blue and all gold socks away. Love mixing it up and it really helps keep things 'fresh' if you will.

Love the game too, completely addicted. Would just really like something so simple to be in the game. Maybe for '17 lol ?
Old 10-01-2015, 11:26 AM   #3
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3

Mostly how I feel, I just hadn't taken the time to write it down. But there are many things I would love to see in FIFA, that being one of them. Have a look at what the PC modders do at moddingway, it makes you wonder why they can be creative, but EA can't.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:28 AM   #4
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

Switching kits after kick off would be ideal as I still (like every version of FIFA) now and again have the same color kit on as the bloody ref.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:30 AM   #5
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3

Add to your list the GK kits, idk why EA thinks every team in europe has one gk kit. So if dortmund is playing bayern, my gk wearing red is matching them perfectly, its so annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 12:37 PM   #6
Just started!

OVR: 0

PES used to have it in PS2 era and I really liked it. And now both games have only one set of GK kit and no option to mix and match. This is just one of the many irritating things that you have to live with. People kept talking about competition makes games better, I just don't see the effort that they put into make it a more satisfying game for players. All they care about is generating cash from FUT.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:16 PM   #7
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

In short, online gaming has seriously harmed video games across the board. In general they get away with ommitting things and not listening because people will buy to play online...

Just my opinion but the affect of online can be seen in games like Destiny. The game is literally more underwhelming than WatchDogs but since you can play a shooter with your friends people like it and continue to buy it. The glitches and issues within the game are unacceptable, yet people can play an online shooter with their friends so all is forgiven. If the same game was released and only had a offline campaign the thing would be rated like 4/10 but online saved it. Thing is I can skype with my friends for free and do not need a bad glitchy game to interfere. In the end the best online games are still on CPU only and the PS and XBOX ones only drag overall game value and quality down.

I am not against online gaming, just am honest that things are accepted that would never be if the online mode was not available. My all time favorite game was the last Tomb Raider. People complained that the game was too short and not good online... Evidentally no one ever played the campaign in Black Ops, or I guess since you can shoot zombies with your friends it is okay that a $60 game has a campaign you can beat in one sitting. Another great game The Last of Us, why is it great? One reason no online mode that took resources and time away from making a good game. It is mind blowing to think what all they could do with FIFA if there was no online modes. But look at 2K they actually loose sales for a great game because their online servers are basically powered by hamsters running on spinny wheels.

Anyways as far as FIFA goes. FIFA 16 is my favorite game of all time to this point. Pushing Tomb Raider into second. That said, why on earth we can not mix match kits is baffling. As far as United goes. They have always mixed and matched socks and shorts with the home red kit. Of course they are wearing pink in FIFA this year, so maybe the white home socks got washed with the red kits and are now pink thus not available.
The gameplay is so great I can overlook anything but the colour of those Man United home jerseys is pretty off. To the point I actually tried adjusting my television settings.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:20 PM   #8
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jon
Add to your list the GK kits, idk why EA thinks every team in europe has one gk kit. So if dortmund is playing bayern, my gk wearing red is matching them perfectly, its so annoying.
Plus, some are colours I have literally never seen, nor can you google and find a picture of the teams goalie wearing. Nothing worse though than when your keeper is exactly like the other team. I actually think that violates FIFA rules.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »