Home

Tackle Success Rate

This is a discussion on Tackle Success Rate within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2015, 02:48 PM   #1
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6
Tackle Success Rate

Why is there still no slider for tackle success? I'm sure everybody has thought about it at least once - how much more sense would it make if you were able to adjust the success rate of tackles? How much would this improve the ability to fine tune the difficulty?

I'll even go one step further: there are about 5-6 sliders that are inexcusably absent (especially considering that they have to be tied to some specific values in the programming).

Foul sliders? Aggressiveness sliders? GK sliders that allow you to adjust different aspects (i.e. handling vs saving, reactions, etc)? What about a "ball bouncing suspiciously in favor of the CPU" slider? I can't believe after however many years of having sliders in the game, they've only added one (first touch error). How has this not evolved?

Last edited by aarontab; 10-02-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 02:51 PM   #2
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Tackle Success Rate

Quote:
"ball bouncing suspiciously in favor of the CPU" slider?
Not only is this hilarious, its true. It happens way too often.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:28 PM   #3
Pro

DirectFX's Arena

OVR: 12

Can't really see a tackle success rate slider as just like a skill move success slider they wouldn't be able to do as they both require the right speed, position and timing.
So think about what your saying. You want a tackle slider imagine u tune it to 100% and you are going too fast or really out of position will your defender magically appear in the right spot? Grow longer legs to close the space down since you were out of position? It would be dumb and unrealistic arcade game like NBA Jam.

They do have different difficulty levels, they have defender marking slider so can if u can't defend CPU mark better denying ball and also have two different types of defending in controller setup if one doesn't work try the next one and lastly they have the help contain button where CPU can press /tackle for you.
Never heard this complaint about tackles before just change difficulty, and or defending type legacy/tactical.

Game is trying to simulate real life soccer so not every ball bounces your way , tackle made perfect as attackers have skills too to avoid you and GK do make some big mistakes in real life..

Currently Playing: PS4
-The Division
-MLB The Show 16
-NBA 2k17
-FIFA 17?
-NHL 17?
-GTA V
Old 10-03-2015, 02:45 PM   #4
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectFX
Can't really see a tackle success rate slider as just like a skill move success slider they wouldn't be able to do as they both require the right speed, position and timing.
So think about what your saying. You want a tackle slider imagine u tune it to 100% and you are going too fast or really out of position will your defender magically appear in the right spot? Grow longer legs to close the space down since you were out of position? It would be dumb and unrealistic arcade game like NBA Jam.

They do have different difficulty levels, they have defender marking slider so can if u can't defend CPU mark better denying ball and also have two different types of defending in controller setup if one doesn't work try the next one and lastly they have the help contain button where CPU can press /tackle for you.
Never heard this complaint about tackles before just change difficulty, and or defending type legacy/tactical.

Game is trying to simulate real life soccer so not every ball bounces your way , tackle made perfect as attackers have skills too to avoid you and GK do make some big mistakes in real life..
Are you giving me advice?

Also, if you believe what you've said about sliders, go ahead and put some some of them at 0 or 100 and see what the results are. You'll find they have a limited effect compared to the "NBA Jam" scenario you dreamt up.

Ultimately, I'm saying that you could personalize the experience more if you were able to use a slider to determine how well the CPU tackles. The issue is that it's hardwired into a difficulty. For example, using sliders to make WC easier will only help so much because the CPU's uncanny tackling ability is just in the DNA of that difficulty and there's no slider to change that. Likewise with Pro - it will always be a bit too easy no matter what you do because the CPU is missing that something extra and you can't change it.

The fact that you couldn't envision how a tackle success slider would function pretty much sapped the credibility of everything else you typed. I guess i should have clarified though - it would determine how likely the ball ended up with the tackler when attempting a tackle that was timed properly with the tackler in the correct position. Not every tackle should work just because you're in the right spot, sometimes you'll still miss. I would like to have control over that number if I so choose and it HAS to exist in the programming (as evidenced by changing difficulty levels), so I don't understand why that's never been turned over to us.

Thanks for the advice though. Also good to know about balls bouncing and GK making mistakes, never would have guessed.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:15 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Cpu tackles double to human in my games pro an world

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2015, 12:10 AM   #6
MVP

BL8001's Arena

If a tackle success slider is too difficult to implement you can just go the other way and have...

A ball magnetism slider.

In fact this is what LT should do in the game.

Because shielding only half works in this game because running you hand and arm fight the cpu fairly successfully, but standing still if you hold LT the cpu has no issue with coming right through and winning the ball. Foul be damned!

It works a little like the no touch button as in it disconnects you from the ball which is such a bad way to implement it.

Which is why the cpu never shields because 1.) they don't have to with their quiver of micro dribble moves we dont have and 2.) it does not work right

Anyway, ball magnetism would just be how likely the ball stays near your boots in your possession. Put it on 100 and nobody can take the ball from you. On 0 you can barely control the ball.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:37 AM   #7
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

I'm with you but the issue there is that ball magnetism is a gameplay mechanic that borders on essential. I can't think of how to word it, but ball magnetism is something that's improved over time and can be seen as a shift into higher levels of realism.

Increasing magnetism (if I'm understanding what aspect you're talking about) would essentially just give you the ability to make FIFA 16 into FIFA 04. Ball magnetism, in theory, decreases with every iteration of FIFA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2015, 09:54 AM   #8
MVP

BL8001's Arena

I just mean in terms of how close it stays to your feet and it also would affect tackle success rate.

Not the other kind of ball magnetism where the ball must always go to someone. That evil still runs rampant on shots on goal. Deflections the majority of the time must go to someone on the cpu team according to the game logic.

Part of the problem is how your attackers always go into this bounce backwards animation the split second your shot touches the cpu. Get stuck in lads.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »