Home

Career mode just to manage National Team?

This is a discussion on Career mode just to manage National Team? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2015, 11:45 PM   #1
Banned

FriendlyAtheist's Arena

OVR: 0
Career mode just to manage National Team?

If I start a career and ignore my club, and focus solely on my National Team, will the CPU take care of the Club team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2015, 11:53 PM   #2
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

Re: Career mode just to manage National Team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyAtheist
If I start a career and ignore my club, and focus solely on my National Team, will the CPU take care of the Club team?
Yes and no... You can sim the games and what not but you will need to at least slightly manage the lineups as players demand play time. Plus, if you miss your team goals set by the board you will get fired. What I am not sure of is if that can cost you a National appointment you already have.

Also you will have to win enough games to get the National Manager job you want. The better your club does the better the Nations that offer you jobs.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:05 AM   #3
Banned

FriendlyAtheist's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpritePuck
Yes and no... You can sim the games and what not but you will need to at least slightly manage the lineups as players demand play time. Plus, if you miss your team goals set by the board you will get fired. What I am not sure of is if that can cost you a National appointment you already have.

Also you will have to win enough games to get the National Manager job you want. The better your club does the better the Nations that offer you jobs.
I used the "Buy an offer" on the store.
Old 10-04-2015, 02:50 AM   #4
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

You can ignore the club job all you want, it wont affect your national job. You can just sim and get fired and take another job. You are only judged on the national team by what you do with them. I've done careers like this in the past. I managed like 8 different clubs because all I did was sim and played only the national games.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:07 AM   #5
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Yep I do this all the time b/c I don't like managing a club and a country at the same time. You can sim on the calendar and it'll stop a week before every friendly, qualifier, and tournament so you can set your roster. And take a big club- you'll get the national offer you want within the 1st year, unless you're using the store item.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 05:32 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 2

Are you using the club team to scout, acquire, and train players at all?
Old 10-05-2015, 07:13 PM   #7
Rookie

it's actually kinda wierd that ea hasn't let us manage just national teams when we get there. it could be an interesting way to play the game. instead of playing one club team between international tournaments i could play club games with players that are on, or in question for, my national team to see if i want them on the squad. this would let me have more variety in playing the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »