Home

Career mode fairness issues

This is a discussion on Career mode fairness issues within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2015, 09:50 AM   #17
Rookie

Snoogans194's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Career mode fairness issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo182
I switched from Professional to Legendary a few days ago because professional wasnt challenging anymore and World Class sucks.

I managed to get a pretty balanced experience by playing with the passing error/first touch sliders.

But I also have the speed problem. Even low-league defenders are the same speed as 90-95 speed wingers in 1on1 situations. So I put the cpu acceleration slider down to 49, but this gives me way too much of an advantage and I get by the defender nearly every time.

Very strange and I really hope EA works on the balance here.
thats why i try not to mess with the sliders. You change it one or 2 points and it basically makes them not able to do anything at all, like making the defense marking go from 50 to 49 makes the entire CPU team ******** and unable to make simple passes to each other. I dont want to win every game by 5 or 10 goals and doing ANYTHING to the sliders seems to make it that way.
I even did one where i left everything at 50 and chanced injury chance to 60 and severity to 45 for both teams, and the AI guys still became total bums.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:05 PM   #18
Resident Cajun

GeauxGleaux's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
Best FIFA I've personally ever played - just have to suspend disbelief and accept that most CBs can run down your wingers.
Did you gripe about pace last year?
Old 10-05-2015, 03:18 PM   #19
Rookie

flo182's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogans194
thats why i try not to mess with the sliders. You change it one or 2 points and it basically makes them not able to do anything at all, like making the defense marking go from 50 to 49 makes the entire CPU team ******** and unable to make simple passes to each other

You sure the defensive marking has to do with passing?

I put CPU defensive marking from 50 to 48 on legendary and I think it helped. On 50 the AI was super agressive and their tacklings perfect almost every time. Now I have a chance to get through a few times a game.

But what confuses me is the passing. I put pass-error on 57 for the AI. While they still play perfect Barca-Tiki-Taka in the final third they make a LOT of really bad passes in the defense (especially passes from defenders to the gk and the opposite direction) which leads to a lot of goals for me. But those goals dont really feel satisfying.

It's pretty weird. I hoped passing-error would make the pass-percentage drop in situations where the AI is under pressure, but it seems it had just the opposite effect.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:43 PM   #20
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogans194
yea that was pretty much the only way I was finding any space on default settings. It works but its way to easy to hit it a foot or 2 off the direction you want. Usually I use the right stick to cut back inside on guys cause it seems to be the only way they wont steal the ball when you cut back.
The stick thing works but its kind of a pain in the *** to have to keep hitting it and sometimes it rolls 30 feet and sometimes it only rolls like 5 feet.
Totally agree, I just had a breakaway with Bale (I have the Wales National job) And literally maybe ten steps past mid field he lead the ball out so far that the goalie got it... Just ugh...

But yeah, like you it is what works the most.

The cut inside works great.

Also, I perefer default sliders...

And like others to me this is the best FIFA ever. Just having CBs run you down is frustrating. I prefer this years pace but John Terry running down Bale is kinda on the irritating side.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:48 PM   #21
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo182
But what confuses me is the passing. I put pass-error on 57 for the AI. While they still play perfect Barca-Tiki-Taka in the final third they make a LOT of really bad passes in the defense (especially passes from defenders to the gk and the opposite direction) which leads to a lot of goals for me. But those goals dont really feel satisfying.

It's pretty weird. I hoped passing-error would make the pass-percentage drop in situations where the AI is under pressure, but it seems it had just the opposite effect.
the passing error slider confuses the heck out of me...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 03:54 PM   #22
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxGleaux
Did you gripe about pace last year?

Not even a little bit. I just became an honorary pace abuser and crushed.

If you were trying to prove a point, you're preaching to the choir. I'm the first to concede that it's a necessary evil lest I break the EPL scoring record with that dude Rafa from Braga 3 years in a row like last year. I wasn't being sarcastic when I said "suspend disbelief".
Old 10-05-2015, 03:55 PM   #23
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Its best to ignore the passing % at the end of the match. Because there will be a lot tic-tac passing no matter what to get that % up.

The passing error makes them take riskier passes if set higher, and they have less of a chance of completing a perfect cross or long pass. It wont make them do less short or have worse short passes.

Trying to get a realistic passing % will drive you nuts, and its just not worth it because its almost impossible. Even the big sliders guys have given up on it.

Old 10-06-2015, 03:14 AM   #24
Rookie

I think that from a gameplay perspective the high pass percentages is an effect of what happens when EA try to simulate football in games of 6 minute halfs (Or whatever your half length is) there simply is not enough time for a game where failed buildups ended with a clearance or rebuilding from back line are too common.

To me, the real life game is much more about field position and winning jostles for the ball than the computer/video game version is. (actually, i would argue that the idea of tiki-taka is more about winning the battle for field position through keeping possession rather than just winning the possession).

The problem is that when the clock is so highly accelerated, this battle for field position is impossible to simulate properly, so i think both the defensive speed on the cpu side as well as passing percentages are buffed to make up for the shorter games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »