Home

FIFA 16 Patch #2 Available Now For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Patch #2 Available Now For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2015, 07:06 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 Patch #2 Available Now For PlayStation 4, Soon For Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
The most logical and likely answer to what you're seeing is misattribution of normal variances in gameplay being attributed to the patch. It happens every time and it happens with sliders as well (which is the reason why I avoid them like the plague if at all possible). Call it confirmation bias, call it placebo effect, call it whatever...it's the ugly side of spending too much time analyzing a game on forums as you will get varying opinions that will start to influence others and eventually divide into "camps" and it becomes a debate and not anything even close to resembling science.

Apply Occam's razor and play the game you paid for. Introducing new conclusions/assumptions without numbers to back it up or anything is going to ruin this game for a person more than any patch ever could.
I completely agree with this. Every game I've played in MM pre-patch, approx 30-40 games, has felt different depending on the opponent. I don't expect any changes going forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 08:06 PM   #42
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
I'm pretty sure that patch note is from the day one patch.
Dang. You're right, man. I was absolutely looking at the wrong one on my PS4. I apologize. Thanks! Well, hopefully, the next patch gives us some real faces and makes red shirts RED.
#WeAreND
Old 10-06-2015, 08:18 PM   #43
Rookie

Guys, if you're dissapointed with the new patch I have good news for you. I deleted the game, which I bought from psn store, and redownloaded it again and surprise...the first part of the download lets you play the game at the same SLOW speed of the demo and not at the frantic arcady pace of the latest patch. Inertia is back, the CPU doesn't make lightning passes anymore.

Default sliders were unplayable post-patch and now I even got the CPU accuracy under the 90's at default.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2015, 08:21 PM   #44
Rookie

Huntaar X2's Arena

I don't know what to believe anymore

I was about to give up on the game until I heard about the Patch. I was having major problems on Legendary just getting the ball back. There would be many times where I just COULD NOT get the ball off of them if my life depended on it.

After the patch it seems like my Teammates are a lot smarter. They have been intercepting a lot more passes than usual and playing defense doesn't seem like as much of a chore to me. It also seemed like the passing was tuned just a touch.

Honestly... I don't care what they changed. The game plays a lot better for me now. I know some think we are just seeing things but I was going to sell my copy and pick up the new Blood Bowl, now I am keeping it (but I am still buying Blood Bowl )
Old 10-06-2015, 10:24 PM   #45

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
The most logical and likely answer to what you're seeing is misattribution of normal variances in gameplay being attributed to the patch. It happens every time and it happens with sliders as well (which is the reason why I avoid them like the plague if at all possible). Call it confirmation bias, call it placebo effect, call it whatever...it's the ugly side of spending too much time analyzing a game on forums as you will get varying opinions that will start to influence others and eventually divide into "camps" and it becomes a debate and not anything even close to resembling science.

Apply Occam's razor and play the game you paid for. Introducing new conclusions/assumptions without numbers to back it up or anything is going to ruin this game for a person more than any patch ever could.

Confirmation bias is definitely the right term. Sliders bug me because people will play a few matches, adjust sliders, play a few matches, adjust sliders, and on and on. I know I spent pretty my entire time playing FIFA 13 caught in that, and I could never just leave it alone. And it's why the sliders thread usually ends up like 10 times as big as the impressions thread, lol.

Last edited by dubcity; 10-06-2015 at 10:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2015, 04:09 AM   #46
Rookie

Who else beside me think that tha patch made on line matches very pacy and not fun
Old 10-07-2015, 07:21 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasendi
Who else beside me think that tha patch made on line matches very pacy and not fun

Is offline as pacy as online for you? I had to download my game again because the patch made weird things to it.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2015, 08:03 AM   #48
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

OVR: 5

I've only had a chance to play one game since the patch (stupid work) but the game definitely felt better to me. Passing was harder for both me and the CPU it seemed and the CPU took more chances causing more errors. I didn't notice a pace increase or any dramatic shift in how the CPU attacks outside of a few longer pass chances then I remembered before.

I only play offline career and did not reset my career. If the game continues to play similar I will be very happy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »