Home

FIFA 16 Patch #2 Available Now For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Patch #2 Available Now For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2015, 10:17 AM   #57
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA 16 Patch #2 Available Now For PlayStation 4, Soon For Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasendi
Who else beside me think that tha patch made on line matches very pacy and not fun
I thought online matches were very pacey before the patch!
Old 10-07-2015, 10:19 AM   #58
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
Why is it so important for people to convince other people things have changed? They either have or they haven't, and if somebody doesn't notice those changes, do they even matter? This always turns into more "politics" than science.
This. Spot on. This site is so beneficial to gaming in so many ways, but I almost feel like the slider discussions ruin it.

Heck the community team was working on 15 sliders up until 16 release. I just don't see the point in that.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:20 AM   #59
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
There's certainly a good amount of people stating with certainty that the game plays different. Personally I haven't noticed much of a change post patch. I honestly don't know what to think - if gameplay has changed, maybe it's just too darn subtle for me to pick up; I dunno.

One thing that some people are saying is that they've noticed the difference only after deleting and then redownloading the digital version of the game. I haven't heard anyone with the hard copy say the same, but maybe there's something to this?

People say a lot of things with certainty - numbers don't lie and we haven't seen any. We have to form our own opinions because there is ZERO science or real "experimentation" going on here.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:20 AM   #60
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
The type of testing you are doing is by its very nature a "feeling" and based upon observations in a very uncontrolled environment.

I see drastic fluctuations match to match, and somehow you want me to believe you're recreating situations accurately enough for me to respect what you're observing? You haven't eliminated a single variable, you provide no numbers, therefore you're relaying how the game "feels" and what your eyes have seen. No disrespect, but your entire method and logic are flawed on this subject. Why is it so important for people to convince other people things have changed? They either have or they haven't, and if somebody doesn't notice those changes, do they even matter? This always turns into more "politics" than science.
You're taking it too far. I'm not trying to convince anyone.
So you're telling me that the cpu crossing and heading inside the box is the same?
Provide numbers for what? Haven't I posted that possession stats are more balanced now?
The stats are within my testing games. More goals for HUM from shooting. Less goals from headers. Go back to vanilla game and you'll see that it's way easier to score headers from corners.
For now you just criticize without even testing the 2 environments by yourself.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:24 AM   #61
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
So you're telling me that the cpu crossing and heading inside the box is the same?
Provide numbers for what? Haven't I posted that possession stats are more balanced now?
The stats are within my testing games. More goals for HUM from shooting. Less goals from headers. Go back to vanilla game and you'll see that it's way easier to score headers from corners.

I'm not interested in testing, I honestly don't care if it's different or not. I played both and whatever changes they made are more subtle than the match-to-match variations that we all see. Look at the slider threads - everybody gets different results no matter what (like decreasing GK Ability but seeing higher save % from GKs) so this situation is no different.

I don't need to test nor to I want to. I'm observing the behavior on this forum and seeing that everybody is noticing the same variations I've always seen. So, on that alone, business as usual.

Edit: Also, I'm not staying there ISN'T changes either. I'm sure they changed SOMETHING, otherwise why make a patch. I think you'd do better to take the game as a finished product (i.e. write up a full impression of how the game played from September 2015-August 2016 and how much you enjoyed it overall) versus micro-impressions that exists in an environment that we can't control (i.e. "in-match"). I'm not dogging you, I'm just trying to let you know that your observations aren't worth any scientific weight and hoping maybe if I point that out some poor guy will just play the game instead of obsessing about the things others have seen.

Last edited by aarontab; 10-07-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2015, 10:27 AM   #62
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

I didn't really notice much difference at all. I'm just glad they didn't break things. Let's hope it stays that way with the next update they do.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:32 AM   #63
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
This part is spot on. Definitely tuned the header success rate down for human. It was easy to score pre-patch. Extremely difficult, now. CPU defense in the box is a lot tougher now, too, and nobody can tell me any differently on THAT. I dreaded the patch, but I'm actually enjoying it.
#WeAreND
Old 10-07-2015, 10:33 AM   #64
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
This part is spot on. Definitely tuned the header success rate down for human. It was easy to score pre-patch. Extremely difficult, now. CPU defense in the box is a lot tougher now, too, and nobody can tell me any differently on THAT. I dreaded the patch, but I'm actually enjoying it.

So if nobody can tell you differently why do you care what people tell you at all? You nailed it, my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »