Home

Stat Tracking a must fix in Manager Mode!!!

This is a discussion on Stat Tracking a must fix in Manager Mode!!! within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2015, 08:08 AM   #1
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7
Stat Tracking a must fix in Manager Mode!!!

considering it is 2016, and this is a well known legacy bug for FIFA games, it's critical this gets fixed, every time i load a game in my Manager Mode and check whats going on in other leagues I shouldn't see teams randomly swapping around the table from load to load of save games!...

This messes with teams getting promoted as well as teams getting relegated and or making qualifications such as premier league and europa league, considering FIFA is probably the only sports game on the market that doesn't have a stat tracking system. I find it silly I can't see who is leading goalscoring of other competitions.

I know this has been discussed on the forums briefly, but as a community we have to speak louder if we want to be heard and bring the sim-nation movement going on in the NBA 2k forums to the FIFA threads, make videos, respectfully tweet devs if you get the chance, and be louder as a community!, also having to start a Manager Mode every time a patch gets released to get the benefit of it is really not fun either!.

So much potential in manager mode!

Last edited by Matty Aqua; 10-09-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 12:06 PM   #2
Rookie

flo182's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stat Tracking a must fix in Manager Mode!!!

100% agree with you but I gave up hope that EA will listen to any of us. The Career Mode Community has been displeased for years and there are sooo many posts and youtube videos about changing career mode, but whereas 2k listens to the community and really tries to include things EA doesnt give a **** about singleplayer anymore and even lies to our face ("realistic transfers" this year).

I doubt including the skill games as training as well as pre-season tournaments has taken them more than 1-2 weeks time considering those things we're already in the game. The implementation really lacks and it doesnt seem like anyone at EA has ever tested the announced "realistic transfers" or the balancing of the training (which is okay for me, it's a nice feature but still it's ridiculous to introduce it as a big new feature to CM considering we had the opportunity to assign special training to selected players in FIFA 09/10).

Also Operation Sports seems to be definitely the wrong place to ask for any improvements. EA just said they only checked Twitter and their own forum and if you look at that forum you'll find that the so called "community" are just FUT-Idiots who complain that they didnt get a golden Neymar / C. Ronaldo or that some kind of new NIKE boots are missing in the game.
I guess you could feed those idiots the same game for the next 5-10 years and they wouldnt really complain.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:23 PM   #3
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Has anyone created a good spreadsheet they wouldn't mind sharing (google docs?) that is set up to log stats?

I'm sure someone has something.....
Old 10-09-2015, 02:00 PM   #4
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Title should say Everything is a must fix in Manager Mode!
Old 10-10-2015, 01:10 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Has anyone created a good spreadsheet they wouldn't mind sharing (google docs?) that is set up to log stats?

I'm sure someone has something.....
Here is what something I've been working on for a few years of FIFA now and think is pretty useful if you want to track your career. This one is for my Portsmouth career in 16 which I've just finished my fifth season of (I sim more than play, but it's pretty much all I do in the game)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Here's some tips/info on how I set things up

Rules
- Just some parameters I give myself to make the game a little more realistic/challenging, so you can use these however you want or not at all or make your own

Top 5 Prospects
- I take the top 5 guys under 21 from my team and rank them with their age and overall as of August 1 of each year

Transfers
- I mark down just about every transfer I make (except extremely minor like 50K sales or youth players being released)
- For transfers where you send a player along with a fee, I roughly add up the player's value to the fee as the incoming player's price and use the player's value as the selling price

Loans
- I'll mark what team a player goes to, for how long, and his age and overall when sent out on loan. At the end of the loan (generally June 27 when your review is scheduled for full season guys) I will mark how much his overall has increased

Midseason Update
- I will go through the squad report whenever half of the league games have been played and mark my current standing and points total
- I outline a general starting XI whether those guys actually start the most or not and update their categories as shown (all apps not just league)
- For bench players I generally add anyone who's going to have 10 or more apps by the end of the season, but you can do what you want with that
- I mark the change in overall for players either by what they were at the end of last season or if they transferred in by what they were rated then
- The player highlighted in blue is captain
- All the categories add up or average out at the bottom automatically
- I list any more transfers or loans that happen in January, which for me usually isn't much

End of Season
- You can simply copy and paste the midseason player information and then update stats and wages/value as needed
- I like having the homegrown rules on there, but that is extremely optional and for non- English leagues wouldn't apply or
- I generally just look at Wikipedia one time to see where those players were from 18-21 and see if they will be eligible for the HG rule or not
- All players 21 and under don't count for the roster tally
- I like to bold the highest numbers for most of the categories to see who's oldest, best at this or that, earns the most, etc.
- After updating my squad the last few things I do is go through fixtures and mark how I did in each tournament, see if any players were in the top 10 of league G/A, and then update the league table

Season History
- I generally only update this every couple of seasons, but basically these are some areas of info that can be nice to look at and compare year to year
- All of the information should exist within your spreadsheet already if you have been updating it properly

Records
- This is something I won't even bother with until about year 4 or 5, but basically I will mark the Top 10 of a few categories
- For the top 10 individual seasons for G/A/apps and transfers, you simply go back through and look at who had the most of what or was bought/sold for the most
- The career records you can calculate by adding up the sum of a player's G/A/apps in the previous seasons' records
- The formula is in there for a few guys already, but for example basically you just do =sum(CLICK BOX OF FIRST SEASON'S GOAL TALLY+NEXT SEASON'S GOAL TALLY+NEXT+NEXT...etc.)

Updating everything probably takes 1-1.5 hours per season once you get the hang of it and for me makes the experience much richer if you love having a long career with one team. If some or all of this seems stupid or pointless or whatever, that's fine by me this is just a helpful tool there if you want it. If you've got any questions/comments about any of this and want to use my template, shoot me a response.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »