Home

Default is not always acting like default

This is a discussion on Default is not always acting like default within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2015, 05:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Default is not always acting like default

Beware guys, some of you may not be having the Fifa experience EA designed for you. That is, the default sliders one.

Last week I decided to re-download Fifa again since things were getting really weird. From positional issues to arcade Fifa street soccer speed and animations. When I booted up my "new" patched game I instantly felt the slow speed was back and the CPU wasn't acting like 11 Messi's and actually made mistakes.

Well, after a week of playing and trying some personal slider sets and the community forum one's I decided to revisit the default sliders again because of all the talk going on, that modified sliders overran team tactics and player abilities and all that. What was my surprise that playing on default sliders the game was super pacey and playing against Bournemouth they even outshot me (Chelsea) 20-7 which was totally unrealistic. Tackle numbers were also very high and there were few fouls which felt really odd and didn't make sense after reading opinions like Fluffy's for example. Something made me think everything was going out of whack again. After exiting the game I accidentally saved the default sliders and turned everything off.

A couple of hours later I started everything again and my suspicions were right! My custom sliders were not showing anymore and everything was back to default, so I started a match against Bournemouth and the match felt awesome, no more hyper speed and lightning passes and tons of errors from the CPU on world class. Lots of variety as well.

Could some of you please try this to confirm this theory, that default sliders are sometimes masked and are acting as a previous saved slider set and the default set must be saved after exiting the game? I am pretty sure this is not a placebo. I played the same match after the previous arcady one with default and the results were night and day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2015, 07:23 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Default is not always acting like default

Funny thing I had a similar experience after the patch. I just reseted sliders to default and everything looked great. The next day, game was just crazy, sspeedy as hell and tikitaka all over the place. I thought that when I reseted the sliders to default, game was still influenced by the custom ones. That felt so awkward that I didn't really believed it and moved on.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:12 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xicpanad
Funny thing I had a similar experience after the patch. I just reseted sliders to default and everything looked great. The next day, game was just crazy, sspeedy as hell and tikitaka all over the place. I thought that when I reseted the sliders to default, game was still influenced by the custom ones. That felt so awkward that I didn't really believed it and moved on.
The question is, is any slider playing as it should after altering the values in game? Back then in Fifa 13 something similar happened changing sliders during a match. Maybe the correct slider values only work when you save them, exit, and return to the game again. Why are goalies saving everything at 20 for example? Something strange is going on in the backround...
Old 10-12-2015, 08:50 PM   #4
MVP

BL8001's Arena

I read this twice and please forgive me, but what do we test?

What are we supposed to do?

I am a poor test subject because I have not adjusted my sliders at all. But I have a friend who uses sliders.

So he needs to reset them to default. Exit the game, come back and reset to default again?
Old 10-13-2015, 08:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Yep, that should do it. Here is some gameplay I recorded playing on world class with default sliders. Pretty amazing. The pace is the most realistic you can possibly get from a videogame.

http://youtu.be/4JAmeq1ILaY

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2015, 10:04 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
I read this twice and please forgive me, but what do we test?

What are we supposed to do?

I am a poor test subject because I have not adjusted my sliders at all. But I have a friend who uses sliders.

So he needs to reset them to default. Exit the game, come back and reset to default again?

Is this the same gameplay you're experiencing with the default sliders? Today everything went arcadey again so I'm redownloading again to prove myself I am not seeing any placebos. I will try to not touch the sliders, slider you touch default game is screwed up.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2015, 08:24 AM   #7
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Yep that looks very close to the gameplay I am seeing staying with default sliders.

Only difference is I use co-op cam.

It is strange that your gameplay is changing. So its only going haywire once you touch sliders?
Old 10-14-2015, 10:00 AM   #8
Pro

Today I finally left sliders alone for good. I fired up the game, reset all sliders and chose my control settings, dificulty and time for each half. Saved and quited. I even deleted the "reserved space" file just to make sure. Then restarted the game and started my career mode on World Class. Two games snd its been a blast. Not perfect, but very balanced.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »