Home

Outside Mids Swapping With CDMs on Defense?

This is a discussion on Outside Mids Swapping With CDMs on Defense? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2015, 12:36 PM   #1
Rookie

PittPens1787's Arena

OVR: 0
Outside Mids Swapping With CDMs on Defense?

I play a 4-2-3-1 with Manchester United. I find that very frequently (like 4-6 times/game on 15 minute halves) when defending my outside mids in Memphis and Mata switch positions with my CDMs Schweinsteiger and Fellaini.

This means I am sitting there for long periods of time with Memphis defending my opponents' CMs while Schweinsteiger sits out wide trying to cover their quick OM.

Has anybody else run into this? Is it related to a setting?

Let's Go Bucs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2015, 12:46 PM   #2
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Outside Mids Swapping With CDMs on Defense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPens1787
I play a 4-2-3-1 with Manchester United. I find that very frequently (like 4-6 times/game on 15 minute halves) when defending my outside mids in Memphis and Mata switch positions with my CDMs Schweinsteiger and Fellaini.

This means I am sitting there for long periods of time with Memphis defending my opponents' CMs while Schweinsteiger sits out wide trying to cover their quick OM.

Has anybody else run into this? Is it related to a setting?

The positioning logic is a bit odd this year I've noticed, and I think it might be down to the defensive changes they made. It's more specifically the covering logic - it's mostly noticeable on counterattacks when your CBs will switch out to the wing and you end up with fullbacks in the box. I've noticed it in the midfield like you've described but not as often. Sometimes it happens if you bring a central midfielder out too wide or vice versa. Sometimes it seems to just happen. I haven't found any setting that works and tbh I have pretty much abandoned the "instructions" part of the team sheet just because it is so useless in preventing it.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:34 PM   #3
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
The positioning logic is a bit odd this year I've noticed, and I think it might be down to the defensive changes they made. It's more specifically the covering logic - it's mostly noticeable on counterattacks when your CBs will switch out to the wing and you end up with fullbacks in the box. I've noticed it in the midfield like you've described but not as often. Sometimes it happens if you bring a central midfielder out too wide or vice versa. Sometimes it seems to just happen. I haven't found any setting that works and tbh I have pretty much abandoned the "instructions" part of the team sheet just because it is so useless in preventing it.
This^ I've also was thinking maybe it's in the tactics logic when your team is set to free roam in the final third or first 2/3's of the field? Maybe setting your team to "organized" can help solve this problem?

I am glad somebody is finally talking about this though
Old 10-23-2015, 01:37 PM   #4
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
This^ I've also was thinking maybe it's in the tactics logic when your team is set to free roam in the final third or first 2/3's of the field? Maybe setting your team to "organized" can help solve this problem?

Nah, mine's been set both ways and there is zero difference. I honestly haven't seen much difference in anything no matter what I change regarding tactics/instructions, my team plays and positions and moves the same no matter what. Maybe it's just the way I'm perceiving it though.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:35 PM   #5
Rookie

PittPens1787's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi

As aarontab mentioned I am also on Organized for both settings. I wonder if it's a sort of bug related to the 4-2-3-1?

Let's Go Bucs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2015, 04:31 PM   #6
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPens1787
As aarontab mentioned I am also on Organized for both settings. I wonder if it's a sort of bug related to the 4-2-3-1?
Nah cause it happens with a 442 also, its really annoying The defensive positioning is pretty atrocious in this game unfortunately considering they tooted "defend with confidence" "defend as a unit" this year
Old 10-23-2015, 07:20 PM   #7
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

I run the 4231 also and have really only seen that issue with the FBs swapping with the CBs because the CBs will follow a wide run from a forward and will end up swapping with the FB because the FB will cover for them. My wingers I actually have an issue with the dropping too deep and covering wide areas outside the fullbacks as opposed to pressing the opposing players as I would like.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 10-23-2015, 07:49 PM   #8
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose141
I run the 4231 also and have really only seen that issue with the FBs swapping with the CBs because the CBs will follow a wide run from a forward and will end up swapping with the FB because the FB will cover for them. My wingers I actually have an issue with the dropping too deep and covering wide areas outside the fullbacks as opposed to pressing the opposing players as I would like.
Yea this is a good point. For anybody looking for a fix to this issue I don't think wingers will swap with CDM's but they will swap with CM's if that makes any sense

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »