Home

I am sorry but this game is unplayable

This is a discussion on I am sorry but this game is unplayable within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2015, 04:30 PM   #9
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: I am sorry but this game is unplayable

Same settings \ sliders \ same patch version.

11 wins, 1 loss with a streak of 11 straights win in league play with Chelsea. Followed by 2 straight loses, then followed by 5 straight draws. I've managed now to bounced back with 2 straight wins and still in 1st but it has been really interesting. Bad form? Bad play by me? Bad breaks? A combination of everything I said. During that bad streak, 2 games in a row I gave up last minute penalties which made me almost throw the controller Wenger style. Funny thing is I played well in Europe in my slump but domestic I struggled. Didn't make slider changes but tactic and lineup changes and I seem to be putting the ship back on course.

Is this game perfect? No but so far I'm enjoying it greatly. Does the AI go all out attack on you when you're up and barely hanging on? Guess what, go all defensive, change your tactics to pull an attacker and maybe drop a DM and play smart and hit the AI on the counter when they're all out gambling.

Is the game frustrating? Yes, but in a good way and my frustrations come from my own mistakes.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:31 PM   #10
Rookie

mondeslicht's Arena

OVR: 1

I play with CPU pass speed at 25, km quite happy with it
Old 10-26-2015, 05:34 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Same settings \ sliders \ same patch version.

11 wins, 1 loss with a streak of 11 straights win in league play with Chelsea. Followed by 2 straight loses, then followed by 5 straight draws. I've managed now to bounced back with 2 straight wins and still in 1st but it has been really interesting. Bad form? Bad play by me? Bad breaks? A combination of everything I said. During that bad streak, 2 games in a row I gave up last minute penalties which made me almost throw the controller Wenger style. Funny thing is I played well in Europe in my slump but domestic I struggled. Didn't make slider changes but tactic and lineup changes and I seem to be putting the ship back on course.

Is this game perfect? No but so far I'm enjoying it greatly. Does the AI go all out attack on you when you're up and barely hanging on? Guess what, go all defensive, change your tactics to pull an attacker and maybe drop a DM and play smart and hit the AI on the counter when they're all out gambling.

Is the game frustrating? Yes, but in a good way and my frustrations come from my own mistakes.

I actually agree with most of this but I can't help feeling like the game plays differently based on which competition I am in. Bundesliga matches are cutthroat relative to the previous season, champions league is playing like they did the previous season. I just want the computer to stop burying low percentage shots from outside the box to win/draw late in the game on a regular basis. This isn't an observation off of a small sample size either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 12:20 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
The CPU adjusts its tactics, that's all. You need to learn to adjust too.

Yes, defending against the CPU can be extremely tough and even unfair, but I'll frequently score a couple goals and win by big scorelines by counter-attacking against the CPU when it's chasing a game.

Don't take this the wrong way but you just need to get better. Only a couple weeks ago I hated the game on WC/Legendary and thought it was unplayable; now WC is becoming too easy. This is default with no sliders.
I find that the there are opportunities when the CPU is behind late and I too have been able to counter attack with an excellent shot to extend the lead. May be my imagination, but it feels like the opportunities are there when up late and it feels very organic.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:34 AM   #13
Rookie

My biggest problem is giving up a goal in the 45th minute right before half.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 10-28-2015, 02:14 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyezombie
My biggest problem is giving up a goal in the 45th minute right before half.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Then why can't you defend better in the 45th minute right before half
Old 10-29-2015, 07:59 PM   #15
MVP

BL8001's Arena

I agree with every post in this thread.

I have played every fifa game and I know by now how everyone sees this game differently because it behaves differently all the time.

Not in a good organic way of the cpu plays smarter. But in the typical EA way of making the game harder through the human players team weakening/getting stupid.

But the method only reveals itself in certain mysterious ways, and it's the reason why everyone who complains and everyone who praises this game are not right or wrong. They are just seeing this mystery briefly revealed positively or negatively.

I mean I have played so many matches where the cpu refuses to shoot regardless of how good they are in the game. Then out of the blue the cpu will take 3 long shots in a match that all score. Then back to not shooting unless they are 3 feet from the goal.

Fifa will never change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2015, 08:47 PM   #16
Rookie

Cool Re: I am sorry but this game is unplayable

The frustrating part is that you know when the tide has turned on you. You can feel it and you're left trying to just survive the game. It just feel like the computer goes from giving zero effort to suddenly getting some huge boost. I actually don't hate this but it goes just a little to far sometimes with teams that don't have that kind of resolve.

In most cases I shouldn't have to worry about a 3-0 lead against a bottom table team after 70 minutes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »