Home

Idea for making Manager Mode more dramatic using random number generator

This is a discussion on Idea for making Manager Mode more dramatic using random number generator within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2015, 06:54 AM   #1
Rookie

EvertonianSteeler's Arena

OVR: 0
Idea for making Manager Mode more dramatic using random number generator

I have noticed a lot of people are finding manager mode a little dull and repatative after a while. One of the biggest problems is that if you are managing a mid sized club in Europe who don't qualify for the European club tournaments it is far too easy to just play the same XI in every game. Using a system that Armor & Sword suggested for free agency in Madden I think we can generate a little more drama and imersment into team selection, transfers out and training.

Firstly you need to have a random number generator. I use the one at www.random.org but there are many others.

TEAM SELECTION

Although FIFA factors in a few training injuries and some in game injuries it doesn't generate any week to week illness or last minute injury. In real life a cold virus or a stomach bug can hit a club on the eve of a game or a player can get injured in the warm up or at the final training session but this never happens in FIFA. Using the random number method we can generate last minute absentees for just one game in tbe following way.

1. Set the random generator to pick a number between 0 and 3 (you may want to make this 4 if you have players with huge squad numbers like 77 or 99 as will become apparent later). Whatever number is generated is the potential number of ill players you have. In my last game it was 2. If you generate 0 you have no ill players so procede as normal

2. Reset the random number generator to select the ill players. Put the generator range from your lowest squad number (usually 1) to your highest (max 99 but in most cases lower). In my Everton career it is currently 1-52. Then generate the amount of numbers you were given in step one. So in my last gameit was 2, the nu bers generated were 39 and 23. As I had no number 39 it had no effect but 23 was my first choice right back Seamus Coleman so I had to leave him out and play another player for just that one game.

It may sound a bit wacky but it has made me use more of my squad, change formations and made a dramatic pre match ritual as you could end up losing your star striker on the eve of the game. It also makes you think more abouttransfers and squad players as you may need them unexpectedly.

I know a lot of people plug in a guest controller so they can 'fix' the bad team selection on cpu line ups such as top goalkeepers not being selected. If you do this you can use the random generator on the opponents team as well to keep things on a level playing field. Imagine the psychological boost when you are playing Barcelona in the champions league and the random number rules out Messi !! As youhave no access to the opponents squad numbers you will have to decide theirill players from the appropriate tournament stats in the team stats list on the season page. Use the same range as for your own team and count down the list until you get to the right number. This just means all the goalkeepers will be at the top. Having no missing numbers will be negated by the fact that all the high numbers will not be assigned. For instance my next game is against Swansea who only have 32 players so if a number 33-52 is generated there will be no one out ill.

I also have a system for the training and surprise transfer departures if anyone is interested but this post is probably long enough for now.

Cheers

Last edited by EvertonianSteeler; 10-27-2015 at 09:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 07:06 AM   #2
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Idea for making Manager Mode more dramatic using random number generator

Interesting idea. I don't know of I'll use it but I love these kinds of ideas.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-27-2015, 07:38 AM   #3
Rookie

GingaGeordie's Arena

I'll give this a shot like, got a tasty game soon v Man United with my Newcastle side, be interesting if some of the top guys get nobbled.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:22 AM   #4
Rookie

Would it not be easier for me to just rotate my squad? I mean I always have 2 different team sheets and no player is on both teams. And within each team I rotate the players making sure even the lowly rated players get a game or two. Also depending on how you set the injury sliders you can get players having different injuries from simple knocks to serious injury. I lost a player for 3 months and he lost his place on my starting team when he returned from injury.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2015, 03:53 PM   #5
Rookie

It never occured to me to use a second controller to put the other teams best lineup in. What do I do?

Use my second controller to set their lineup and then switch it back to computer control at kickoff? Is it that simple?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 05:01 PM   #6
Rookie

EvertonianSteeler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdbraden
It never occured to me to use a second controller to put the other teams best lineup in. What do I do?

Use my second controller to set their lineup and then switch it back to computer control at kickoff? Is it that simple?
Yes it is that simple. ........

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »