Home

How important is scouting in career mode?

This is a discussion on How important is scouting in career mode? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2015, 09:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How important is scouting in career mode?

Ive never done a Fifa career mode but I noticed when I started one today that scouting seems to be an important part. I've never liked the scouting aspect to any sports game as I find it very tedious. I'm waiting for the day when they will allow the scouting to be done automatically. So, if I just completely ignore any sort of scouting in my career mode will I be at a disadvantage?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2015, 08:13 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: How important is scouting in career mode?

Once you set it up, its pretty automatic. I usually set it up at the beginning of the season. Sometimes I'll ask to scout certain player ahead of the transfer windows. If you don't scout, you'll go into transfers blindly since you can see what they're rated, but I always seem to get transfers I haven't scouted.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:42 AM   #3
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

I despise the scouting mechanic in FIFA. Sometimes I use it, but sometimes I just ignore it and use SoFIFA for scouting once the transfer window opens.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:16 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
I despise the scouting mechanic in FIFA. Sometimes I use it, but sometimes I just ignore it and use SoFIFA for scouting once the transfer window opens.
I do this as well. Use Sofifa to get a 60-70 rated player with potentials of hitting 83 and above and sign them for cheap.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2015, 01:10 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
OMG! Thanks so much. Sofifa is awesome. I will use it this evening. Thanks again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2015, 01:47 PM   #6
Rookie

buziii's Arena

SOFIFA is great for the first couple of seasons, but it becomes less and less useful when you get a few years into your career.

I don't mind doing the scouting as it's kinda part and parcel to the whole career manager experience. Having said that, the current version could certainly be improved a lot. I usually look for young players with attributes I need/like and with good potential, scout them and throw them into my short list. Then I have a bunch of scouted players in there when the transfer window rolls around.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:28 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by buziii
SOFIFA is great for the first couple of seasons, but it becomes less and less useful when you get a few years into your career.

I don't mind doing the scouting as it's kinda part and parcel to the whole career manager experience. Having said that, the current version could certainly be improved a lot. I usually look for young players with attributes I need/like and with good potential, scout them and throw them into my short list. Then I have a bunch of scouted players in there when the transfer window rolls around.
Good points on scouting being what managers do.

Where do you find the shortlist? It always refers to it but I can't find it.

Also, it will show me players I can't afford. How do I find players I can afford.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2015, 06:30 PM   #8
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by buziii

Yeah, true. SoFIFA's usefulness definitely declines the longer into a CM you get.

I get that part of a manager's role is scouting, and I LOVE that aspect of CM, I just hate the way it's done in CM. I much prefer how it used to be where you just searched for players whenever you wished and created your own shortlist, so then you could just do it a couple times a season rather than being inundated with loads of emails, week after week after week.

The way scouting is done, and now with the lame way player training is done, they just keep adding tedious things to do between games rather than anything interesting and fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »