Home

FIFA 16 World Cup in Career Mode as manager

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 World Cup in Career Mode as manager within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2016, 05:25 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA 16 World Cup in Career Mode as manager

You need to have some back-up saves around World Cup time just in case your country doesn't qualify. There's no actual qualifying so it's basically random for Canada/USA/Mexico - and only two of three qualify. In one of the threads here it is broken down as to when you need a save date at - right before the WC draw for groups.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:27 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
I am coaching canada, and why i am not playing any cups? i am on my third season right now so I should be in the year of 2018?
You'll just get friendlies. If you win the World Cup you'll get the Confed Cup tourney in the year right before the WC..

But don't expect, obviously, to be in the Euro or South American tourneys.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:55 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavner
You'll just get friendlies. If you win the World Cup you'll get the Confed Cup tourney in the year right before the WC..

But don't expect, obviously, to be in the Euro or South American tourneys.
sorry bro what you mean if i win the world cup, so i have to be the winner in order to qualify for the confed cup tourney? that doesn't make sense? and as for canada, other than the world cup in 2018, are there any big cups i will be playing? thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2016, 06:01 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
sorry bro what you mean if i win the world cup, so i have to be the winner in order to qualify for the confed cup tourney? that doesn't make sense? and as for canada, other than the world cup in 2018, are there any big cups i will be playing? thanks!
This reflects only what I've experienced - but yes, if you win the World Cup with Canada you'll also get an invite to the Confederation Cup. I have never lost the WC and been in the Confed tournament. Maybe you can 'qualify' (randomly) as the CONCACAF rep, but I've only been in as the WC rep). And I've never been in Copa - that's always, iirc, just the S. American squads.

ALSO, importantly, I have NOT QUALIFIED for the World Cup even returning to the tournament as the champ. You would think you'd get an automatic place, just like in real life, but that is not true (from my experience - b/c it happened)... so again - have those May save dates so you can go back.

I've done three WC's now in my manager mode as manager of Canada. Building up the program has been what I do basically, all my league squad recruiting is always limited to Canadian players.

Tip #1: keep multiple saves so you can always qualify (it's random)
Tip #2: recruit only from Canada
Tip #3: change domestic squads often - to avoid having the responsibility of training too many Canadian players and managing all those contracts (keep the #of players under contract low - you want space to sign ten or so from the youth squad each year)
Tip#4: sell Canadian players as soon as possible - spread them around - the CPU develops players better than you will when guys are young AND the CPU can train them earlier
Tip #5: don't train anyone under 21 or so (the progression glitch - as soon as you train someone you basically stall their physical stats... you don't want that)
Tip #6: NEVER let a Canadian player leave your team through an expiring contract b/c they will never, ever sign with you ever again (approaches will be blocked) (and you want guys back in their mid-20's so you can train the best of the lot specifically)
Tip #7: don't create players before you start your career in manager mode (the potential is messed up so every created player is going to be all-world)

Last edited by mcavner; 04-26-2016 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:57 PM   #13
Rookie

Fly_The_W's Arena

OVR: 0

April 30th 2018 (or 2022 whatever WC year it is) is when you need to save. They draw for the World Cup is on May 1. If you don't see your country, exit career mode without saving and then re-enter career mode. You should be back at April 30th and just keeping going through the May 1 draw until your team is there.

As far as the Confed Cup (and I can't speak for Canada because I've always coached the USA), I have qualified for it by winning the South America Cup. The tricky thing is...it takes place in July 2015 literally right when your career mode starts, so obviously you aren't an international manager yet. What I do is look at the fixtures for the SA Cup, see the dates that the USA plays, and then (similar to the World Cup draw) save the day before every USA game and sim to see if the USA won. If they win I keep going, if they lose then I exit and re-enter career mode until the USA wins the whole tournament (takes FOREVER for the USA to beat Argentina or Brazil in a semifinal or final by just simming and not being able to actually play it). But once you get the USA to win the South America Cup in July 2015, that automatically qualifies them for the 2017 Confederations Cup.

Hope this helps!
Old 04-29-2016, 02:15 PM   #14
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

Just wish they would add more international teams in the future, only about 49 right now and 32 of them go to the World Cup.
NCAA Basketball - UK Wildcats
Old 04-29-2016, 08:29 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx
Just wish they would add more international teams in the future, only about 49 right now and 32 of them go to the World Cup.
More international teams and true qualifying (or at least truer to life qualifying) would a nice addition. I really enjoy the manager mode as a club and international manager, building up a national program while balancing your club squad is satisfying. This is as engaged as I've been with a career mode in a long time.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »