Home

FIFA And Its Missing Mode

This is a discussion on FIFA And Its Missing Mode within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2015, 09:49 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
FIFA And Its Missing Mode

When I think back to the most enjoyable sports gaming experiences of my life I vividly recall two games:

-NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty
-College Hoops 2K8 Offline Career Mode

Despite being wholly different games and sports, they both provided a level of enjoyment that's rarely been matched. College Hoops 2K8 gave players one of the deepest offline career modes to date. You could start your career in a small conference before using the Coaching Carousel to get your dream job. NCAA 11 took a fairly decent offline dynasty and took it all online. Battling for recruits and conference supremacy was ratcheted up a couple levels in an online setting.

Read More - FIFA And Its Missing Mode
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2015, 10:16 AM   #2
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA And Its Missing Mode

Quote:
How interested would you be in a FIFA Online Manager Mode?
Asked this question a few years ago, I would've said I'd had zero interest. My preference has always been that they focus on building a deep and satisfying offline single player mode before expanding to online.

That preference remains the same today, however I've lost all confidence that EA will provide a satisfying, deep offline experience. Ever since they switched the system from MM to CM, none of the major features have truly impressed. Player growth is just the most recent example of a shallow, poorly conceived and implemented feature.

So maybe an online CM is the way forward. I don't know. But I wouldn't want an online CM that's dependent upon playing with friends, because as someone who's in their 30s with fewer and fewer "gaming" friends, that'd really suck. Just like Destiny sucks for us older folks who struggle to coordinate gaming time with friends.

I'm also not a fan of an online CM mode that would require playing multiplayer, as anyone who's played Seasons or FUT multiplayer can attest to how bad that experience can be. Plus it'd just give further excuse for EA to not emphasize improving the quality of the AI and single player gameplay.

Personally I think I'd rather see them introduce microtransactions or some type of money-making device to fund CM development. I play FIFA hundreds of hours over a year's time, so I have no problems paying a little extra for a better single player mode, while we can clearly see the benefit that FUT's cash-making quality has on its priority for development.

In the end, I'm not as opposed to the idea of an online CM as I was a few years ago, but that's less about excitement for an online mode and more because I'm just frustrated by the lack of CM's progress over the years.

(And if we're talking about favorite single player experiences, my favorite is still PES's when it was at its peak. I'd rather EA model CM on that than any online modes. Not to mention I'd take PES's new chemistry system over FIFA's new player growth feature any day.)

Last edited by mfp; 11-12-2015 at 10:21 AM.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:12 PM   #3
MVP

I would love this feature. Actually, not having one is the reason I skipped this year. I have 3 friends that play madden cfm with, and this would be just as successfull with us.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2015, 01:39 PM   #4
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

How about working on the OFFLINE Manager Mode, first?
#WeAreND
Old 11-12-2015, 01:54 PM   #5
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Maybe bringing manager mode online EA will finally improve it as a whole.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2015, 02:11 PM   #6

dubcity's Arena

You read my mind by mentioning micro transactions near the end. The only way they would do online franchise/CM is if they can find a way to get more people to purchase FIFA points. Stuff like increasing increasing team budget, adding custom kits/teams, signing Legends, etc, would be available for a cost.

This mode won't happen, though, because EA wouldn't make enough money on it. UT is the bar, and franchise wouldn't come close to that. Sucks how sports gaming industry has changed like that, but that's how it is.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:52 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
They already have a perfect micro transaction online head to head, it is FUT. A ream CM online is unworkable as you couldn't get people to play as smaller teams or you'd have something like FUT where you'd have to pay money to be Barca or Real Madrid and if you didn't pay you'd be Levante or Getafe. Plus there would be no way to have people playing a real league schedule against real teams. Please just make CM like the FIFA manager game that was canceled a few years ago. I'm bored to death with FUT and with CM the way it is. I"ve played more Football manager this year than FIFA.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:01 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 10
WTF IS A NIGGLING TRANSFER FEE? Because ****** means ignorant in the Websters Dictionary. However we know the use in the USA. PLEASE EXPLAIN

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »