Home

November and already done

This is a discussion on November and already done within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2015, 08:13 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: November and already done

I think it's a pretty good game for gameplay sake. Has some little quirks here and there, but not as bad as FIFA 15 that is for sure. FIFA 16 is the first soccer game I've played where the players actually back into eachother correctly throughout the pitch (with the right sliders of course), that alone is enough to not give up on it.

I can't speak on MM because heck I am still slider testing lol. It will be a new experience for me since even for FIFA 15 I spent 90% slider testing and 10% actually enjoying MM. This year it may be 50% we will see .

Regardless, I wouldn't give up too early. There are still some things that can be done for this game. Much better prospects than PES16 that is for sure, but they are in bad need (IMO) of scrapping that FOX engine - while FIFA still have a solid base engine to work on top of.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:02 PM   #10
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

OVR: 0

The FIFA engine has too man canned animations and legacy issues. I actually prefer the fox engine
Old 11-20-2015, 11:42 AM   #11
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0

Every team playing the same is a game killer for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2015, 03:42 PM   #12
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

It's both a good game and a poor game at the same time. On one hand it's much further along in mostly positive ways than several years ago. The variety is excellent. The physics are excellent. The animations and presentation, sound and atmosphere, the freedom of play... quiet a lot is deserving of praise.

On the other hand, and it's a pretty darn big hand, the AI remains far behind the physics and animations systems in terms of complexity and variety. This shortcoming is evident both at the individual player decision making level as well as the team, tactical level. The game looks quite like a realistic representation of the real thing, but it doesn't behave properly and sliders ultimately have limited utility and unfortunately don't influence some of the game's biggest negatives.

Meanwhile, because FIFA is now a game designed with multiplayer first and foremost (which is why Tactical Defending works fine multiplayer buts sucks against the CPU), Career Mode is a pretty shallow and pathetic single player experience.

And yet I'm still addicted to the damn thing...

Last edited by mfp; 11-20-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:23 PM   #13
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
And yet I'm still addicted to the damn thing...
And we all say, Amen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »