Home

I'm about to give up, HELP!!!

This is a discussion on I'm about to give up, HELP!!! within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2015, 06:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm about to give up, HELP!!!

I think I'm done with this game. I've tried so much, and it keeps being unplayable and unpleasant. I've had FIVE!!! games in a row ending in a draw. Two times 1-1, three times 0-0. Creating chances is a painstakingly hard process, scoring your chances is almost impossible. Or they block your shot, or the keeper suddenly becomes godlike. The CPU's IQ is close to Einstein's, while my teams IQ is comparable to a brick.
The last few weeks I've really tried to learn the game, adjust myself. Tweaking Sliders doesn't do anything. The matches play almost completely the same as they do with standard sliders.
Professional difficulty is the only difficulty where everything responds they way you want it to, only it's too easy. Worldclass and Legendary is impossible. I've played my career on Legendary difficulty in FIFA for years, always enjoyed it. Now its pure frustration, horrible and incredibly boring.
It's unbalanced, unfair against the CPU.

The Sliders don't chance FIFA's will to make everything unnecessary hard for the players. It's more like a placebo.
Team tactics don't work, changing/editing them is pointless. No wonder they've removed the quick buttons in the matches.

Unfortunately FIFA has also fallen pray to these times where online is more important than offline. It's happening in every gaming genre. Everything offline is 2nd rated compared to online gaming.

Sorry for this rant guys, I had to say it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2015, 07:37 AM   #2
Pro

Tekkonkinkreet's Arena

Re: I'm about to give up, HELP!!!

I have GK ability on 5 I think. Actually makes it far more realistic in terms of saves/mistakes etc. You would think every chance would be a goal but it isn't. Also improves long shots as real blockbusters go in. I'll post my full slider set up soon and try that out.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:38 AM   #3
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't understand what's so wrong about having five games in a row end in a draw. To me that says that you and the cpu are on the same level. Most of us here are looking for exactly that. If you're playing on World Class/Legendary and drawing it's likely that soon you'll be winning games handily. Then you'll be desperate to find some way for the cpu to give you a challenge.

Are you sprinting all over he field with your players? Are you using the face-up dribbling to beat defenders or the knock on to create space? Are you launching your defenders at the cpu instead of closing down lanes and containing? These are things a lot of us here have learned to do over the last few editions of the game which have brought us success in our playing. Hell, I was having a hard time beating defenders and converting chances this year for a few days until I re-learned some of those things. Perhaps there are things you aren't doing in your gameplay that would help.

A good set of sliders on the appropriate difficulty for your skill level definitely has an impact on the game. Take a look at any of the slider threads and you'll see that the right changes to the right slider can make gameplay better or worse. The OS community have put great slider sets together. If you don't notice a difference using them, we must be playing different games.
Long story short, you may have exhausted all of your options at improving the FIFA experience, I don't know. If not, these might be some things that could help.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:04 PM   #4
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techin
Tweaking Sliders doesn't do anything. The matches play almost completely the same as they do with standard sliders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techin
The Sliders don't chance FIFA's will to make everything unnecessary hard for the players. It's more like a placebo.
Sliders are anything but placebo. Play on Legendary and set the CPU Sprint/Accel to zero if you need confirmation.

And yeah, nothing wrong with draws. Look at your average weekend of EPL results, loads of 'em.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:39 AM   #5
Rookie

I'm having the same problems as you OP, but I'm playing on a lower difficulty (professional) as I'm still fairly new to the FIFA series.

CPU having super strength, can't break down the CPU defense. If I can break down their defense, their goalkeeper saves everything. On defense, it's impossible to get the ball back and the refs ain't helping with these gift fouls for the CPU.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2015, 07:27 AM   #6
Pro

athletics_fan's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkonkinkreet
I have GK ability on 5 I think. Actually makes it far more realistic in terms of saves/mistakes etc. You would think every chance would be a goal but it isn't. Also improves long shots as real blockbusters go in. I'll post my full slider set up soon and try that out.
Could you please post your slider set with difficulty level included? I'm curious as to how these look.
Old 11-21-2015, 11:03 AM   #7
Rookie

One thing you have to do is change your tactics during the game. Every match is different which is a good thing. But if you use the same tactic and approach all the time the game get frustrating and boring. And get to know your players strenghts and play after that, dribble with Messi but dont do it with Shawcross

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »