Home

Is match rating working correctly?

This is a discussion on Is match rating working correctly? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2015, 05:52 PM   #1
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Is match rating working correctly?

In Player Career mode, just started out and am on loan with Cork City.

My last game I scored the only goal and we won 1-0.

These were my total stats of the game:

Shooting: 50% - Shooting 2/2 on/off target

Passes: 90% - Completed 18, Failed 2

Tackling: 50% - Won/Lost 3/3 - 1 Foul

Ball Retention, 6/11 Posessions won/lost and 1/2 Headers won/lost

But...I had a 6.1 match rating with most of these stats, then I scored and it went up to 8.3...then after about 5 minutes my rating dropped to 6.5??? Like I didn't do anything wrong after I scored my goal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2015, 07:04 PM   #2
Pro

DirectFX's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Is match rating working correctly?

There is also positioning during the game which you need to follow. You can't just sit at center circle and cherry pick as a foward . I also notice the coach change up strategy if winning/losing so if you were supposed to be helping on defense that's also a deductible . I do find some games it is hard to figure out grading but might also depend on the difficulty level you are playing on as Legendary will give you very few mistakes but I'm sure Professional difficulty would grade the same performance higher. Last area is maybe the goals manager has for those games? Or your OVR rating vs opponents as Cork city opponent prob in 50-60 range and if you are an 80 OVR prob should be dominating them with 1-2 goals and assists each game??

Idk just some ideas throw out might help as don't think rating 100% based only on those stats you posted above.. Hope helps

Currently Playing: PS4
-The Division
-MLB The Show 16
-NBA 2k17
-FIFA 17?
-NHL 17?
-GTA V
Old 12-01-2015, 07:29 PM   #3
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectFX
There is also positioning during the game which you need to follow. You can't just sit at center circle and cherry pick as a foward . I also notice the coach change up strategy if winning/losing so if you were supposed to be helping on defense that's also a deductible . I do find some games it is hard to figure out grading but might also depend on the difficulty level you are playing on as Legendary will give you very few mistakes but I'm sure Professional difficulty would grade the same performance higher. Last area is maybe the goals manager has for those games? Or your OVR rating vs opponents as Cork city opponent prob in 50-60 range and if you are an 80 OVR prob should be dominating them with 1-2 goals and assists each game??

Idk just some ideas throw out might help as don't think rating 100% based only on those stats you posted above.. Hope helps
Gotcha. Thanks! Curious but what camera angle do you play on when you player on? Just curious cause I like to play Broadcast but i can't see my player sometimes so I don't know if he needs to move positions. The radar at the bottom doesn't really help much.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:54 PM   #4
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

It's kind of a flawed system. I start at 6.5, score a goal, go to 7.3, I don't make bad passes, I cover my area, but for some reason I see my rating just slowly drop to 7.0, then 6.9, 6.8 then I make a good pass and it goes to 6.9 again, but then 6.7 while the ball isn't anywhere near me and I'm NOT out of position.

It's mind boggling.

Also have been quite a few times where my rating is 6.4 or something, make a few beautiful passes where i gained an attribute point, but yet...match rating still says 6.4 and get nothing from it.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 12-01-2015 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:15 AM   #5
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I think it's always been a little wonky in it's fluctuations. Like DirectX said, you def have to concentrate on your positioning but IMO, you shouldn't even see your rating until after the match. Seeing your rating kind of distracts you from trying to get a result for your team as you're more worried about getting your rating up.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »