Home

Patch 1.05 = Crap

This is a discussion on Patch 1.05 = Crap within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2015, 09:17 PM   #33
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Patch 1.05 = Crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Finished with this game. With the lack of creativity in career mode, mainly the AWFUL transfer system, and the flawless CPU play regardless of which team you're playing I am happy to put this game back and collect dust until I trade it in when the show comes out.

Hold on Jay, What do you mean awful transfer system? Fifa has the best transfer logic of all sports games. In Nba 2k you can basically do any unrealistic trade you want to clear cap space. In Fifa you actually feel like you are negotiating with something alive when you negotiate with the player (his demands) and the offer-counter offer transfer fee negotiation. There is a lot more depth in that than any other sports game I've encountered. So calling it awful is way off base -- the other sports games are not even close, right?
Old 12-27-2015, 11:25 PM   #34
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
Hold on Jay, What do you mean awful transfer system? Fifa has the best transfer logic of all sports games. In Nba 2k you can basically do any unrealistic trade you want to clear cap space. In Fifa you actually feel like you are negotiating with something alive when you negotiate with the player (his demands) and the offer-counter offer transfer fee negotiation. There is a lot more depth in that than any other sports game I've encountered. So calling it awful is way off base -- the other sports games are not even close, right?
Really? What about the Insanely low amount of transfers through each transfer window? I've seen several teams not transfer a single player in or out for several years. You're lucky to see one team transfer or loan 2 players in your entire league. IRL Liverpool alone transferred in 8 players and 23 players out on full transfer or loan this past summer transfer window. That's more than any team in all leagues combined. I agree that the negotiation aspect isn't bad it's just the amount and quality of transfers and loans is completely unrealistic.

Here is a link with all premier league transfers last summer. Tell me that it's still good after browsing it over.
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/n...ndow-2015.html

Last edited by JayD; 12-27-2015 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:05 AM   #35

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Patch #5 = Crap

Annnnnd these CPU goals are back from last year. Pisses me off.
http://youtu.be/mIiT1G-bOFU

Last edited by dubcity; 12-28-2015 at 02:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2015, 08:49 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Patch #5 = Crap

I think there'll always be two side to the coin. Some of us find the patch made the game no longer enjoyable while others feels the game is either better or play the same before this last patch. For me if only they can fix the loose ball issue or reduce it to a bearable minimum then I can endure with the other issues.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Last edited by godquality01; 12-29-2015 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:13 AM   #37
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Really? What about the Insanely low amount of transfers through each transfer window? I've seen several teams not transfer a single player in or out for several years. You're lucky to see one team transfer or loan 2 players in your entire league. IRL Liverpool alone transferred in 8 players and 23 players out on full transfer or loan this past summer transfer window. That's more than any team in all leagues combined. I agree that the negotiation aspect isn't bad it's just the amount and quality of transfers and loans is completely unrealistic.

Here is a link with all premier league transfers last summer. Tell me that it's still good after browsing it over.
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/n...ndow-2015.html

I know about how many transfers there are in leagues around the world. But the reason fifa can't do that is b/c it doesn't have logic to change formation and tactics based on large amounts of player movement. Alas, this is why they cannot put this in. This is very hard logic to put in -- other sports games do not have to deal with this. So, for now, career mode is what to be expected. Career mode, I think, is still the best franchise mode out there bc fifa is a global sport w/ internationals. You don't feel narrow in a 30 team nba league.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:50 PM   #38
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm assuming they didn't fix Crystal Palace's kits? The blue is waaay too light. Looks terrible in-match.
#WeAreND
Old 12-28-2015, 05:18 PM   #39
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
I know about how many transfers there are in leagues around the world. But the reason fifa can't do that is b/c it doesn't have logic to change formation and tactics based on large amounts of player movement. Alas, this is why they cannot put this in. This is very hard logic to put in -- other sports games do not have to deal with this. So, for now, career mode is what to be expected. Career mode, I think, is still the best franchise mode out there bc fifa is a global sport w/ internationals. You don't feel narrow in a 30 team nba league.
what a shameless cop out.

they can code a game with ai that will tika taka the ball around you and score at will if you put up their sliders high enough, but, managing a roster is too hard? thats a load of crap. its EA being lazy. coding roster management means spending money on a game mode they gave up on a long, long time ago. if you really think its too complicated for them to code, you're kidding yourself.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:25 PM   #40
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection403
what a shameless cop out.

they can code a game with ai that will tika taka the ball around you and score at will if you put up their sliders high enough, but, managing a roster is too hard? thats a load of crap. its EA being lazy. coding roster management means spending money on a game mode they gave up on a long, long time ago. if you really think its too complicated for them to code, you're kidding yourself.
To be fair, what game has been able to handle roster management logic well?

The most comparable game in terms of player pool was probably College Hoops 2K8 and even that had it's flaws despite the innovative Coaching Carousel.

Proper logic would have to incorporate the following things:
  • Real-life Managers with their preferred formations which we know isn't static
  • Deeper scouting to find players that fit into different systems/formations
  • More player ratings/traits
  • Noticeable differences between leagues
  • etc...

It's easy to say the fix is simple but even a game like NBA 2K doesn't get it right. Don't get me wrong though, it's sorely needed in order to make a proper career mode in FIFA>

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »