Home

New to soccer, coud use advice

This is a discussion on New to soccer, coud use advice within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2016, 12:50 PM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: New to soccer, coud use advice

Late to the party here. I assume you're main love is basketball (from the flair), so my major recommendation is to look at NBA teams that rely heavily on ball movement/European players (so, the Spurs). Basically, find the open man and anticipate future moves (like how dribbling to the corner triggers a backdoor cut). Best of luck to you and remember to have fun with it!

Old 01-01-2016, 05:18 PM   #10
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

OVR: 2

Hey, I'm new to FIFA too (mainly because EA messed up hockey), and I'm having a pretty good time with '15. So if you guys are still fielding questions:

I've managed to work my way to the world class level, I don't win much yet, but I feel competitive against the cpu. I would like to know what is a good time for the halves to get a realistic amount of shots, fouls, corners, cards, etc.

I seemed to draw more fouls on the pro level than I'm now doing on the world class level, is that normal? Do I have to do a thousand gratuitous moves to get a foul called?

How do you nutmeg?
Old 01-01-2016, 05:56 PM   #11
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIFAHipster
Late to the party here. I assume you're main love is basketball (from the flair), so my major recommendation is to look at NBA teams that rely heavily on ball movement/European players (so, the Spurs). Basically, find the open man and anticipate future moves (like how dribbling to the corner triggers a backdoor cut). Best of luck to you and remember to have fun with it!

Yes basketball and baseball both are my main loves, football use to be as well, but now not so much since the soften the rules up so most every good QB can look like Marino on any given game.

I appreciate the help, and soccer does seem to have some similar aspects to basketball. Havent been able to buy the game yet, but hoping to still at some point.

Curious is there any major bugs or glitches that ruin the game, or sim stats aren't realistic to real life? Its 1 reason I quit buying Madden years ago was because of all the BS EA puts out. Plus out of the games I play Madden was th eonly game I ever had freezing problems with, is this something to worry about with FIFA as well, as I know how EA tends to do business,lol? Just from watching vids of FIFA on Youtube an such, it seems EA puts more effort into FIFA than other games of there's like football and basketball, main reason I have considered buying it.

Again thanks to all for your info on this game, I appreciate it greatly.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2016, 08:35 AM   #12
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Yes basketball and baseball both are my main loves, football use to be as well, but now not so much since the soften the rules up so most every good QB can look like Marino on any given game.

I appreciate the help, and soccer does seem to have some similar aspects to basketball. Havent been able to buy the game yet, but hoping to still at some point.

Curious is there any major bugs or glitches that ruin the game, or sim stats aren't realistic to real life? Its 1 reason I quit buying Madden years ago was because of all the BS EA puts out. Plus out of the games I play Madden was th eonly game I ever had freezing problems with, is this something to worry about with FIFA as well, as I know how EA tends to do business,lol? Just from watching vids of FIFA on Youtube an such, it seems EA puts more effort into FIFA than other games of there's like football and basketball, main reason I have considered buying it.

Again thanks to all for your info on this game, I appreciate it greatly.

I can't say I'm qualified to answer this question yet, but as far as realistic stats goes, on '15 the fouls/cards seem to be low compared to the rest of the stats.

That always seems to be the case with EA's games. Didn't Madden have a lack of penalties? I know for sure NHL did, in offline modes anyway.
Old 01-02-2016, 11:12 AM   #13
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscosuper
I can't say I'm qualified to answer this question yet, but as far as realistic stats goes, on '15 the fouls/cards seem to be low compared to the rest of the stats.

That always seems to be the case with EA's games. Didn't Madden have a lack of penalties? I know for sure NHL did, in offline modes anyway.

Yeah there were no penalties in Madden over the past several years, one of the many reason I quit buying that garbage of theirs. I had heard about the lack of cards/fouls in the game, but wasn't sure just how bad it is.

Is it so bad that they never have any cards even if you crank the sliders up for them?
I assume there is a slider for this, but I guess I should never assume with EA making the game

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 01-02-2016, 04:44 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

They'll call fouls in this game...but for the CPU. It's ridiculous how they're gifted free kicks.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2016, 10:33 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 5

Got this game for the xbone 4 only 24 bucks on Xbox live. Steal! I'm new as well, would like to know what would be the best team (s) to play a dynasty with for a newbie?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2016, 10:35 AM   #16
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Yeah there were no penalties in Madden over the past several years, one of the many reason I quit buying that garbage of theirs. I had heard about the lack of cards/fouls in the game, but wasn't sure just how bad it is.

Is it so bad that they never have any cards even if you crank the sliders up for them?
I assume there is a slider for this, but I guess I should never assume with EA making the game

Well, I'm on World Class using 10 minute halfs: The good new is the stats are still low so I maybe able to go to 15 minutes. However, in my last two matches there were a total of 4 fouls. In one game I had two fouls and in the other the cpu had two fouls.

There doesn't seem to be a slider for fouls other than on and off. I turned on "hand balls" (which I believe would be counted as fouls), but I have yet to see one called.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »