Home

New to soccer, coud use advice

This is a discussion on New to soccer, coud use advice within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2016, 11:48 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New to soccer, coud use advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by longranger
Got this game for the xbone 4 only 24 bucks on Xbox live. Steal! I'm new as well, would like to know what would be the best team (s) to play a dynasty with for a newbie?

It really depends what kind of team you want to start with. If you want a big budget, high profile club that you can immediately have success in European competitions then clubs like Real Madrid, PSG, Chelsea, Manchester United/ City, Bayern Munich are the way to go.

If you want a team with a big budget, lower expectations and needs you to build a team Monaco FC is a good choice.

If you want a club with lots of young talent Southampton, Schalke 04, and Ajax are good choices.

If you want to rebuild a formerly successful club and bring them back to their former glory Leeds United, Nottingham Forest, and Celtic are good choices.

If you want to build a contender from the English Championship (2nd division), most teams are good but Derby County and QPR are good choices. Other countries second divisions are good too especially Germany's 2. Bundesliga, Spain's second division, and France's second division.

If you want to start from the very bottom Any League 2 team would work. Generally Portsmouth is very popular because their stadium is in the game, but if you choose to go this route go with a club with a nice jersey because you will have to look at it for a long time.

Also you may want to choose a random club from a random league such as the Russian, Norwegian, Danish leagues. You also may want to check out MLS or the Mexican league, but I don't know a lot about them.

Hopefully this is helpful.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:26 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini_Boy18
It really depends what kind of team you want to start with. If you want a big budget, high profile club that you can immediately have success in European competitions then clubs like Real Madrid, PSG, Chelsea, Manchester United/ City, Bayern Munich are the way to go.

If you want a team with a big budget, lower expectations and needs you to build a team Monaco FC is a good choice.

If you want a club with lots of young talent Southampton, Schalke 04, and Ajax are good choices.

If you want to rebuild a formerly successful club and bring them back to their former glory Leeds United, Nottingham Forest, and Celtic are good choices.

If you want to build a contender from the English Championship (2nd division), most teams are good but Derby County and QPR are good choices. Other countries second divisions are good too especially Germany's 2. Bundesliga, Spain's second division, and France's second division.

If you want to start from the very bottom Any League 2 team would work. Generally Portsmouth is very popular because their stadium is in the game, but if you choose to go this route go with a club with a nice jersey because you will have to look at it for a long time.

Also you may want to choose a random club from a random league such as the Russian, Norwegian, Danish leagues. You also may want to check out MLS or the Mexican league, but I don't know a lot about them.

Hopefully this is helpful.

Thank you very much!!!!! How about players to play with? Which teams are they on???
Old 01-07-2016, 02:46 PM   #19
Pro

Tekkonkinkreet's Arena

I'm playing with Lyon and I can only buy French/African players. This enables me to try out many young talents on the game and see where I can pet them. Here is who I have added thus far...

Paul Nardi (AS Monaco)

Kurt Zouma (Chelsea)
Aissa Mandi (Stade Reims)
Fuka Arthur Masuaku (Olympiakos)
Musa Muhammed (Medipol)
Eric Bertrand Baily (Villareal)

Morgan Sanson (Montpellier)
Daniel Amartey (Kobenhavn)

Sadio Mane (Southampton)
Bertrand Traore (Chelsea)
Paul Georges Ntep (Rennes)
Francois Kamano (Bastia)
Kingsley Coman (Juventus)

Also keeping tabs on Alhassane Plea from Nice. Started his career at Lyon so would be a 'nice' touch to bring him back.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:14 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkonkinkreet
This enables me to try out many young talents on the game and see where I can pet them.
This made me LOL something fierce. Just to clarify, I hope you meant "see where I can PUT them"

As far as picking a team, I've always used a random number generator to pick who I start with and learn teams/players from there. Keeps things fresh for me and gives me some different leagues to follow IRL. This year, I started with RC Lens in the French Ligue 2. The nice thing about this is I can make it a goal to get promoted and/or hired at a bigger/better team.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:41 PM   #21
Just started!

I'm going to be slightly biased here and say use my team, Everton. One of the great teams in English football full of history, but we've been unsuccessful in terms of silverware for the past 2 decades now......I was just a 10 year old boy at Wembley with my dad the last time we won the FA Cup back in 1995! Haha.

Prior to that our greatest era was in the 1980's where we won 2 league titles, 1 FA Cup, 4 FA Charity Shields the European Cup Winners Cup. Could of been more silverware in that decade had we not lost 4 other cup finals....with 3 of them being against our great city rivals Liverpool.

The 90's where not kind to us and we flirted with relegation on more than one occasion, narrowly escaping the dreaded drop in 1994 after coming from 2-0 to win 3-2 in a must win game on the final day of the season against Wimbledon. David Moyes took over in 2002 and turned us from relegation battlers into European challengers during his time at the club and took us to an FA Cup final in 2009 which we lost 2-1 to Chelsea despite us taking the lead with the fastest ever cup final goal.

Fast forward to today and we now have Roberto Martinez in charge who has got us playing some fantastic football since he took charge. But his style of play, as exciting as it can be at times, often sees us leaking too many goals and throwing away leads or not beating teams that we really should.

In terms of our squad, there's plenty of room for improvement in certain areas and some first team players will definitely need replacing like Barry, Howard and Jagielka as they tends to retire after the first or second season in. But we've also got some of the most exciting young players in the league at Everton, with Lukaku, Barkey, Deulofeu and Stones being the pick of the bunch. These 4 lads will grow to become the best players in your team if you can keep hold of them and then build your teams around them.

The rest of the first team is more than capable of challenging for a top 6 place with arguably the best full back paring in the league of Baines and Coleman, McCarthy is a great holding midfielder and Mirallas can produce moments of magic on the left wing. On the bench you've got some good talent with the likes of Naismith, Lennon, Besic, Cleverley, Funes Mori etc who can all slot in and do a job for you when needed. Other young talent at the club who are very promising but not quite ready and would be best loaned out for experience are Galloway, Browning, Garbutt (already loaned out to Fulham) and Ledson.

All in all, Everton are a great side to use in career mode for experienced Fifa players or even newcomers like yourself
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2016, 04:50 PM   #22
Pro

Tekkonkinkreet's Arena

I meant 'pet'. This is France :-)
Old 01-12-2016, 12:48 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by longranger
Thank you very much!!!!! How about players to play with? Which teams are they on???

Unfortunately, I can't really help with players as there are too many variables such as what team you are playing as and what formation you are using. Basically I can just say what I look for in certain players.

Since this is a sports game, most positions you want players that have a high speed or "pace" rating. You can make up for a lot of mistakes if your players can more easily get back into position defensively. Also most players begin to drop in overall around the time they hit 30, or at least they will not usually get better at that age.

GK: The higher the rating overall, the better. Age is not as big a factor for GK's as physical ratings are not as important as certain mental ratings (GK positioning, GK Throwing, etc).
CB: I like tall CB's (6'0+) so they can better clear the ball from the box, with at least 70 pace.
RB/LB: I don't use these positions often because of the formation I use, but speed is very important, and size can be important based on your management style. They can also be used as RM/LM if they are offensively capable enough if your team is short in that position.
CAM/CM/CDM: Your central midfielders may vary again based on your management style. I would prefer to have a variety of different players for each position in order to have options for in game substitutions based on the game situation. Also CDM's should generally be taller than 6'0, but it is not always that important.
RM/LM: Your wingers should probably be the fastest players on your team, and should have a high crossing, and dribbling ratings.
RW/LW: Based on your formation may play as RM/LM, or as a ST. I usually keep them as the outside strikers in a formation with 3 attackers such as a 4-3-3 or a 3-4-3
ST/CF: I like to have variety when it comes to strikers or center forwards. I like some really tall strikers, and some speedier strikers to change my style of play based on the game situation.

It is probably a good idea to mix and match different player types with certain positions for more variety in game strategy.

I should also point out that a player's overall rating is not always the best attribute to go on to determine if a player is good. Sometimes a lower rated player will play better than a higher rated player for no particular reason.

This is probably very complicated, and I hope it is understandable.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:44 AM   #24
Pro

Tekkonkinkreet's Arena

It isn't important at all how tall the CDM is. The smaller players tend to be more combatitive and cover ground quicker.

With signing players, I find it always best to focus on home grown players or follow a similar mould to what happens irl (Brazilians in Russia, Africans in Norway, Scandinavians in Holland). That way there is always a more open pool in terms of available talent.

If you choose a team then I can gladly recommend specific players who would suit the team/philosophy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »