Home

Career Mode Team Selection

This is a discussion on Career Mode Team Selection within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2015, 10:47 PM   #1
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
Career Mode Team Selection

Hey guys, just want your input on what a good team would be for career mode! I personally cannot decide on a team and I want to go really deep intro CM this year, so just give me some ideas if you can!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2015, 02:19 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Career Mode Team Selection

If you're looking to go deep into a career, then I'd suggest a club with good young talent that you can build up over several years. Southampton and Schalke are two of my favorites for career mode because they're known for producing quality young talent. And both the EPL and Bundesliga have all the licensed stuff in the game. If you were wanting to start with a small club, Portsmouth is one that I've used this year because they have their actual stadium in the game, which no other club has in any of the leagues below the top two tiers in England.

EDIT: Also, if I remember correctly, QPR has an above average starting budget for a 2nd tier club if you were wanting to invest a lot of funds (transfers, youth scouts) in a club that's not in the top division. And since they were in the EPL last year, they have their actual stadium in the game as well.

I guess it depends on how you prefer to approach career mode. I tend to enjoy building lower level clubs and developing youth more, though I always do a Liverpool career on the side since they're my favorite club.

Last edited by grizzlies317; 12-18-2015 at 02:34 AM.
Old 12-18-2015, 01:08 PM   #3
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlies317
If you're looking to go deep into a career, then I'd suggest a club with good young talent that you can build up over several years. Southampton and Schalke are two of my favorites for career mode because they're known for producing quality young talent. And both the EPL and Bundesliga have all the licensed stuff in the game. If you were wanting to start with a small club, Portsmouth is one that I've used this year because they have their actual stadium in the game, which no other club has in any of the leagues below the top two tiers in England.

EDIT: Also, if I remember correctly, QPR has an above average starting budget for a 2nd tier club if you were wanting to invest a lot of funds (transfers, youth scouts) in a club that's not in the top division. And since they were in the EPL last year, they have their actual stadium in the game as well.

I guess it depends on how you prefer to approach career mode. I tend to enjoy building lower level clubs and developing youth more, though I always do a Liverpool career on the side since they're my favorite club.
Thanks for the input man! I always do a Bayern career only because its my club, but this year I wanted something new. I think i'll go with Southampton this year. World Class with a mid-table team in the BPL should be very challenging! Plus their kits are just a beauty!
Old 12-18-2015, 06:16 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
Thanks for the input man! I always do a Bayern career only because its my club, but this year I wanted something new. I think i'll go with Southampton this year. World Class with a mid-table team in the BPL should be very challenging! Plus their kits are just a beauty!
No problem, glad I could help. I used Southampton in last year's game and had a blast. I tried to mimick their real life tendencies by selling some of my top players once I started receiving offers from big clubs. I would also sell the occasional future star type players that I scouted for my youth academy if I got big offers from the top clubs...guys like Gareth Bale and Calum Chambers. They're a fun team to go deep with, not to mention many of their current players are fun to use in games. Good luck, enjoy!
Old 12-20-2015, 04:04 PM   #5
Rookie

TheCapstone32's Arena

OVR: 3

Stay in England or Germany, the licensing is in the game. Pick a team with a stadium as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2015, 05:57 PM   #6
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

Ive got a tough decision on my hands here. Either, I can start this on FIFA or Football Manager. I would like to play this on FIFA because I can actually play the games, but on FM transfers are so much more realistic, same with youth squads and player management and staffing etc.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:56 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
Ive got a tough decision on my hands here. Either, I can start this on FIFA or Football Manager. I would like to play this on FIFA because I can actually play the games, but on FM transfers are so much more realistic, same with youth squads and player management and staffing etc.
I haven't played Football Manager since 2014, but I remember that year I did a lower league team in FIFA and played that to build the club up to the premier league over several years. It was fun to be able to play the games and feel like I earned all the promotions.

And in Football Manager I used Liverpool. Because like you said, FM has realistic transfers and youth academies, etc. I enjoyed trying to use that game to satisfy my need of realism. And the in depth scouting also gave me ideas as to what players I should buy in my FIFA career, since scouting is about 1/100000th as realistic in that.

Or maybe you'd prefer the opposite and would want to build a team over several years in FM, but play with higher quality players in FIFA as opposed to ones with overall ratings in the 50-70 range.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:42 PM   #8
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlies317
I haven't played Football Manager since 2014, but I remember that year I did a lower league team in FIFA and played that to build the club up to the premier league over several years. It was fun to be able to play the games and feel like I earned all the promotions.

And in Football Manager I used Liverpool. Because like you said, FM has realistic transfers and youth academies, etc. I enjoyed trying to use that game to satisfy my need of realism. And the in depth scouting also gave me ideas as to what players I should buy in my FIFA career, since scouting is about 1/100000th as realistic in that.

Or maybe you'd prefer the opposite and would want to build a team over several years in FM, but play with higher quality players in FIFA as opposed to ones with overall ratings in the 50-70 range.
I'll probably go the opposite way, however FM will probably be the more focused career.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »