Home

YouTube Tutorials ... but Full-Manual and against CPU?

This is a discussion on YouTube Tutorials ... but Full-Manual and against CPU? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2016, 09:23 AM   #41
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: YouTube Tutorials ... but Full-Manual and against CPU?

Great videos. I see a lot of my own frustrations in the footage—namely players not going after a ball in their immediate vicinity that they are looking straight at. Also, the amazing cpu defensive backtracking, and then re-establishment of an attacking posture all over the outfield in an instant.

One thing I can note from your videos is the absence of basic skill moves. On WC and Legendary the ball roll, and LB fakes have a bit of an overpowered effect of discombobulating the AI defensive structure after you beat a man with them in a 1 on 1. It also seems to draw more defenders in.

For some reason I find a skill move win causes a lot more chaos in the cpu structure than LS dribbling (either on its own or in conjunction with LT+RT, or just LT). Part of me thinks it's a slightly over-emphasized tuning of the new no touch ball fakes mechanic.

I am by no means a "skiller," but I've had to use some of the basics a lot more this year since it seems to create more space and overlaps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2016, 11:15 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
One thing I can note from your videos is the absence of basic skill moves. On WC and Legendary the ball roll, and LB fakes have a bit of an overpowered effect of discombobulating the AI defensive structure after you beat a man with them in a 1 on 1. It also seems to draw more defenders in.

For some reason I find a skill move win causes a lot more chaos in the cpu structure than LS dribbling (either on its own or in conjunction with LT+RT, or just LT). Part of me thinks it's a slightly over-emphasized tuning of the new no touch ball fakes mechanic.
What is an "LB fake"?

Yeah - I am also the farthest thing from a "skiller" - but I have, in the past, tried to use some of the most basic one-star moves (ball rolls and feints). Even then I am still not sure if I am doing it right or what the correct "timing" of when, in relation to the position of the CPU defender, I should do the move. I am supposed to completely release the LS before I try to do a move with the RS, right? My player could still be moving (inertia), even if I have removed my thumb from the LS, while he performs the basic skill move. Or I can come to a complete hard stop, and then perform a skill move, and follow that with a quick re-start in my motion with the LS.

I have not really done much with the "no touch ball fake mechanic" ... but you make a fair point ... the "new thing on the back of the box" is always overdone as to force players to use it. Harrumph.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:23 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
OK ... it took all afternoon ... but I think I *finally* put together an edited manager mode video. Here it is ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWI2aPQqm9Y

I will be switching back over to the EPL tonight ... [ Swansea City v Crystal Palace ] will be on the cards.
Nice video, and your own comments really add another level. If you're commenting on the fly, I am amazed by how calm you are during the match.

Editing is fun but time-consuming.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:50 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

If anyone follows my Manager Mode, look away, but here is the "raw" gameplay of my recorded footage last night for one of my episodes. I thought I'd contribute a bit to show how I play my matches. Skip ahead to see the match:

Old 02-27-2016, 02:07 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
I just keep posting my match videos in this thread. I wish that I could do more from the "tutorial" perspective - but at least I can share my full manual game play and my commentary about what works / does not work for me.

Here is SWA:CRY in Round 23 of my EPL season ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYkEYMrfFko

A little "same old, same old" ... I struggle to score goals.
Skimmed through this to find some highlights. Great 2nd goal by Palace.

Regarding the result: one goal with four shots on target is very realistic. We, the audience, want more shots, more action!

Earlier you stated that you haven't had much success with crosses. Ok, I have GK 10 and you have 60, but I have recently scored some nice goals with headers. Which is the way it should be, because you can make your attempts very close to the goalie.

Last edited by jamesbeaver; 02-27-2016 at 02:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2016, 02:38 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
If anyone follows my Manager Mode, look away, but here is the "raw" gameplay of my recorded footage last night for one of my episodes. I thought I'd contribute a bit to show how I play my matches.
That was highly entertaining!
Old 02-27-2016, 02:38 PM   #47
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbeaver
Nice video, and your own comments really add another level. If you're commenting on the fly, I am amazed by how calm you are during the match.

Editing is fun but time-consuming.
Yeah - my commentary is in real-time - I am just using the headset microphone thing that came with my Xbox in the box. I have to maintain the level composure ... my wife already gives me grief about "it's just a game" so I have to keep my FIFA emotions in check ...

The commentary is a mix of traditional play-by-play and my own personal observations / gripes / recommendations about the button-mashing part of playing the game.

- - -

From your other comment ... yeah, the second Palace goal was a nice effort, I am pretty sure that I actually got a slight deflection on the original cross, and then a Palace player played a headed pass onto Wickham, and then Wickham hit the first-time volley to score the goal. I had no idea what just happened when it was occurring in real-time. I hate conceding goals - but I will admit that was a nice sequence from the CPU.

- - -

PS: I *love* how this thread has taken off in the past few days - thanks to everyone who has been making contributions - it has been helpful to me (and, I hope, to others). Especially with regard to the "Full Manual" part of things ... that makes the game play so much different (and, yes, I know that I "signed up for that" when I chose to play Full Manual).

Keep 'em coming!

Last edited by SpHSpH; 02-27-2016 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:42 PM   #48
Pro

Here is my match from the afternoon (EVE:SWA) ...

SPOILER ALERT ... I do not score any goals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy9IZAJZ2HY

I have a lot more commentary about my game play in this one.

I am a bit sloppy in the early going - but I tighten things up in the second half.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »