Home

Playing MLS Franchise

This is a discussion on Playing MLS Franchise within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2016, 11:41 AM   #1
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
Playing MLS Franchise

Soccer isn't a sport I watch a lot/understand real well (I know gameplay, just not all the extra stuff).
I want to do a Franchise/Dynasty with Sporting KC. Is Career mode the only way to do this? Is there settings or anything I need to change to be able to play several years like I can do in other sports games. This game seems a lot more confusing than playing an NBA or NFL season.

- What are pre-season tournaments?
- What are transfers? Is there not a normal signing period after the season?
- What else do I need to check or do during a season?

Ok, I just simulated a season under a career as Sporting KC (just to try it out) and I got dismissed after the season, what? How can I turn this option off? I don't want to start a career and then it be done after 1 year. I like to build up bad teams (T-Wolves, Titans/Jaguars, etc).

Can anyone help me with the basics I need to do, because it's a lot different than playing an NBA Franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2016, 10:15 PM   #2
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playing MLS Franchise

Have a look at this thread. It's from last year, but still a good read.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ers-guide.html
Old 03-23-2016, 02:04 PM   #3
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

Thanx for responding.

There's a lot there in that link. I still don't completely understand transfers (compared to nba free agent signings and stuff).

Also, is there any freedom to change settings, so I can turn off firings and stuff. If I struggle my first year with my team, I don't want to be fired.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:15 AM   #4
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
Also, is there any freedom to change settings, so I can turn off firings and stuff. If I struggle my first year with my team, I don't want to be fired.
No.

This is a MASSIVE issue with many folks here. So dumb that you can't turn this off...
Old 03-28-2016, 11:33 AM   #5
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
No.

This is a MASSIVE issue with many folks here. So dumb that you can't turn this off...
That's too bad. I love the MyLeague in NBA 2K16, because I have the power to do whatever I want. Hopefully all sports games get more like this.
If I'm playing an (Offline) Franchise, give me the power to turn on and off coaching things, edit players stats, contracts, create prospects, create a team, and pretty much power over everything.

*Any other tips to my original question?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2016, 12:39 PM   #6
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

*Any other tips to my original question?

Any specific questions?
Old 03-30-2016, 05:40 PM   #7
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Any specific questions?
I don't know exactly. It just seems so different than playing a basketball/baseball/football franchise.
So you can sign players off of other teams (& your own) in the offseason (as many as you can afford - is there a limit?). What other things do I need to be taking care of, besides playing the matches?
Old 03-31-2016, 10:05 AM   #8
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
I don't know exactly. It just seems so different than playing a basketball/baseball/football franchise.
So you can sign players off of other teams (& your own) in the offseason (as many as you can afford - is there a limit?). What other things do I need to be taking care of, besides playing the matches?
You'll mostly only sign players from other teams (transfers) as contracts usually do not run out, therefore there are never big name free agents. When a player has six months or less on their current contract, you can sign them for free by negotiating a contract with them.

Other things you can do if you'd like are train players using mini-games, sign youth players through your academy, and also monitor your scouts to search for a scout players you'd like to transfer to your team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »