Home

Problems staying connected to EA

This is a discussion on Problems staying connected to EA within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2016, 09:36 PM   #1
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

OVR: 0
Problems staying connected to EA

This has been happening to me for about a month. I will connect to the EA account and a few minutes later it disconnects. It doesn't matter how many times I connect, always disconnects......
Not affecting me much. Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem or even how to fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2016, 12:02 PM   #2
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

Re: Problems staying connected to EA

What system are you on and what kinda internet connection do you have?

Kinda hard to say without that but if on PS4 and wifi.. well that is the cause, on the PS4 to always stay connected to EA and a couple other servers you pretty much have to be hard wired. Some connections will be fine but others get dropped when on wifi... exactly why I have no clue but this was happening to me a ton then we used a cable and it no longer happens. I was not losing internet connection just kicked from servers.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:05 AM   #3
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

Xbox One and wifi.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder5man
Xbox One and wifi.
Happens to me often as well with Xbox one and wifi. It's weird because my internet connection for other games is never a problem, just FIFA. It's not all the time, but it happens enough to get on my nerves. Sometimes I'm able to fix it by unplugging my xbox for a minute and then powering back up, or resetting my internet router. It doesn't work every time, but maybe 60-70% of the time.

It's an awful feeling trying to play online, but knowing that my connection to the EA servers is like a ticking time bomb some days.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:08 PM   #5
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlies317
Happens to me often as well with Xbox one and wifi. It's weird because my internet connection for other games is never a problem, just FIFA. It's not all the time, but it happens enough to get on my nerves. Sometimes I'm able to fix it by unplugging my xbox for a minute and then powering back up, or resetting my internet router. It doesn't work every time, but maybe 60-70% of the time.

It's an awful feeling trying to play online, but knowing that my connection to the EA servers is like a ticking time bomb some days.

Thanks for the response. I've tried all of those routes, but it doesn't help. It's just strange that I have zero problem with xbox live and huge problems with EA. FIFA is the only game I play, so I don't know about other games. I use Netflix and never any problems streaming. This isn't really a deal breaker. Just strange.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2016, 06:41 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder5man
Thanks for the response. I've tried all of those routes, but it doesn't help. It's just strange that I have zero problem with xbox live and huge problems with EA. FIFA is the only game I play, so I don't know about other games. I use Netflix and never any problems streaming. This isn't really a deal breaker. Just strange.
Another thing I've done before is this method I came across on Reddit once, but you may have tried already.

Settings>Disk and Blu-ray>Persistent Storage>Clear it 3 times>Back to Settings>Network>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC Address>Clear>And then reboot console when prompted

Here's the post in full

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »