Home

FIFA 17 EA Play Conference Reactions (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 EA Play Conference Reactions (Roundtable) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2016, 10:21 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
FIFA 17 EA Play Conference Reactions (Roundtable)

EA dumped a lot of new info about FIFA 17 yesterday at the EA Play Conference (and just before). We learned the game has a new story mode and the gameplay is undergoing several key changes -- and that's only the beginning. Let's check out our reactions to yesterday's news after the jump.

Read More - FIFA 17 EA Play Conference Reactions (Roundtable)
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 11:10 AM   #2
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
The story mode doesn't do much for me, I hate that they've presumably spent so much time on that. That being said, having a new engine is usually a breath of fresh air, at least visually if nowhere else.

I've liked some of the other game play additions they've spoken about as well, although I'm anxious to hear more about improvements to the AI.

Can't wait to see what PES is bringing to the table, I love this time of year!
Old 06-13-2016, 11:42 AM   #3
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4
I'd be ecstatic about the story mode but I'd prefer it if we had one where we can choose who the main character is, not be left with the voice actor's likeness and character name. The Livin' the Dream story had problems but they still let you edit your character, so at least you weren't entirely divorced from it being 'your story'.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:23 PM   #4
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
I know the BPL is the most popular soccer league worldwide, but that doesn't mean that EA should just cater to that league when it comes to new features in the game. From the inclusion of all the BPL stadiums, to all the players in BPL being scanned, now to having only the BPL coaches and the story mode only being playable in the BPL. Its a wonder that gamers from other countries support this game as passionately as they do seeming that EA doesn't really care about the other leagues outside the BPL.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:07 PM   #5
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: FIFA 17 EA Play Conference Reactions (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
I know the BPL is the most popular soccer league worldwide, but that doesn't mean that EA should just cater to that league when it comes to new features in the game. From the inclusion of all the BPL stadiums, to all the players in BPL being scanned, now to having only the BPL coaches and the story mode only being playable in the BPL. Its a wonder that gamers from other countries support this game as passionately as they do seeming that EA doesn't really care about the other leagues outside the BPL.
Someone just posted a link saying they secured a deal with La Liga for this year. They did a lot for the Bundesliga last year. I don't think your comments have a ton of evidence based on this. Story mode is one of many game modes and they definitely aren't ignoring the other leagues. Look at PES who can't secure any actual teams compared to what FIFA does.

http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-1...a-17-exclusive

Last edited by PhillyPhanatic14; 06-13-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2016, 03:28 PM   #6
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: FIFA 17 EA Play Conference Reactions (Roundtable)

Delete. Just seeing all the other posts.

Last edited by BezO; 06-13-2016 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:09 PM   #7
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Someone just posted a link saying they secured a deal with La Liga for this year. They did a lot for the Bundesliga last year. I don't think your comments have a ton of evidence based on this. Story mode is one of many game modes and they definitely aren't ignoring the other leagues. Look at PES who can't secure any actual teams compared to what FIFA does.

http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-1...a-17-exclusive
My comments don't carry, weight? Well besides the Bundesliga graphics package tell me what else did EA do for the Bundesliga, since they did so much. As for EA securing the La Liga exclusive, who cares, they already have a Serie A exclusive license, what have they done for Serie A lately? Is that La Liga license gonna include all the stadiums like the BPL, I doubt it. Is La Liga gonna have any of the new features being added this year,no. I'm willing to bet that exclusive only includes a graphics package and just keeps PES from using the La Liga logo. PES will more than likely still have all the teams.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:48 PM   #8
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

I'm hoping frostbite enhances gameplan. I'm not into online as other people tend to ruin to experience. Especially when work doesn't let you play as much to be as good, you want an enjoyable offline game. I don't think story mode is enough. Some enhancements are intriguing, but seem to be more flash and YouTube worthy than core enhancements to change how the cpu plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »