Home

New Attacking Techniques in FIFA 17 (Trailer & Interview)

This is a discussion on New Attacking Techniques in FIFA 17 (Trailer & Interview) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2016, 10:17 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: New Attacking Techniques in FIFA 17 (Trailer & Interview)

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
I actually completely disagree with what you're saying about the ball trajectories Matt. I'm trying to find a video example of James taking a FK with the outside of his foot from that camera angel but it doesn't exist.

Which brings me to my biggest gripe...

You shouldn't be able to use this technique with just anyone. The percentage of players that use the outside of their foot on FK's in world football has to be <5%
Trajectories are more of a symptom of not getting the first couple feet right. Notice the small angle diagram that pops up around 00:20 secs in the video. That does not seem to matter anymore once a free kick is in place. To perform that kind of shot you have to hit it with enough velocity, initially, and it's all about the follow through from there. These aren't the Jabulani's mind you - but FIFA's free kicks seem to have that effect. They need to use the benefits of the "promoted" shot technique, and the system that goes with it, and implement that into the free kicks.
Old 07-15-2016, 01:42 AM   #18
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Trajectories are more of a symptom of not getting the first couple feet right. Notice the small angle diagram that pops up around 00:20 secs in the video. That does not seem to matter anymore once a free kick is in place. To perform that kind of shot you have to hit it with enough velocity, initially, and it's all about the follow through from there. These aren't the Jabulani's mind you - but FIFA's free kicks seem to have that effect. They need to use the benefits of the "promoted" shot technique, and the system that goes with it, and implement that into the free kicks.

Here's the best example I could find in a short amount of time. Watch the hit at around 2:32 in this video. Now it's in slow motion, but I think EA got that trajectory pretty close.

The problem is this technique is 1. hard to consistently pull off and 2. the keeper knows with 95% certainty we're you're shooting. So players will almost always use an instep technique. Including James . I can't ever recall him using this technique let alone find a highlight of him showcasing this technique

Last edited by talucchesi; 07-15-2016 at 01:45 AM.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:55 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Makes perfect sense actually. Love the diagrams, my friend

Yes, I think you bring up a great point about the trajectory and curvature of the ball on crosses. It's like the players haven't turned their hips enough. Which would make sense since they do cross the ball out of bounds so often.

The odd part about the velocity in the cross is that it only translates to height of the ball. So if you triple tap cross, you get a very vicious low ball, but if you do a regular cross, the ball kind of floats into the box. I think that float effect is a product of what you're talking about, where the ball is starting to spin the other way (towards the goal, when it should be going away from the goal, when crossing on the right side).

Good stuff, Nuno!
I was wondering if i explained myself correctly, guess i did.

About the James FK, i hope that it takes at least 50 tries to actually reproduce that goal in the game... from the top of my head, the last goal i remember to see like that (outside of the foot FK) was from Roberto Carlos...
Old 07-16-2016, 02:54 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
I was wondering if i explained myself correctly, guess i did.

About the James FK, i hope that it takes at least 50 tries to actually reproduce that goal in the game... from the top of my head, the last goal i remember to see like that (outside of the foot FK) was from Roberto Carlos...
Yeah and it was almost 10 years ago!!! But I am not sure fifa will manage to recreate Roberto Carlos ball trajectory, it was crazy. It was not only that he used the outside off the foot but the whip he gave to the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »