Home

I wonder if there will be an option to turn off getting fired

This is a discussion on I wonder if there will be an option to turn off getting fired within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2016, 03:01 PM   #17
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: I wonder if there will be an option to turn off getting fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Alright then I will revert to my original argument. It called MANAGER mode not OWNER mode. So you shouldn't be expecting this option anytime soon. As it's the NOT the intention of the mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a simple addition that would make the mode a lot more enjoyable for many of us. That's why we are asking for it.

There's no downside to adding it as an option.

You don't need to try to explain why it's not there, or what their "intention of the mode" is.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:52 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Alright then I will revert to my original argument. It called MANAGER mode not OWNER mode. So you shouldn't be expecting this option anytime soon. As it's the NOT the intention of the mode.

Man, you're being awfully stubborn about this. I actually agree with you, I don't think that the turning off firing is the 'right' thing to do...but you have to cater to everyone. If you want to have the option to be fired, just leave coach firing on...if you don't, turn it off. Doesn't hurt to have the option, right? Doesn't affect your gaming experience, right?
Old 07-30-2016, 12:08 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
This video game is supposed to be a simulation of the real world so.

How do you feel about how we're allowed to change the colour of shoes the players where? Shall we also rail against this inclusion?I mean honestly... why do so many fight against options? If you don't like them - don't use them... but why argue against the inclusion of something that may increase the enjoyment of the game for someone else?
Old 07-30-2016, 12:12 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavner
How do you feel about how we're allowed to change the colour of shoes the players where? Shall we also rail against this inclusion?I mean honestly... why do so many fight against options? If you don't like them - don't use them... but why argue against the inclusion of something that may increase the enjoyment of the game for someone else?

Because the weeks or months that it would take to get this option working and implemented could be used on a host of other more important things. Like fixing the transfer logic and implementing U-x teams, and working on making it so the mode can go longer than 15 years of I so please and that's just to name a few issues.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:16 AM   #21
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Because the weeks or months that it would take to get this option working and implemented could be used on a host of other more important things. Like fixing the transfer logic and implementing U-x teams, and working on making it so the mode can go longer than 15 years of I so please and that's just to name a few issues.

You think adding an option to turn firings off would take months?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2016, 08:40 PM   #22
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the issue is that it's career mode, not even manager mode. Some of us maybe don't want to start as a new manager and build a career and jump from team to team.

Perhaps we just want to play as one club. I've used Arsene Wenger as an example before of someone not being fired easily.

At the least we should be able to set a board difficulty, so it's harder to get fired, as many clubs out there are lenient and understand that managers need real time. Not every club is Chelsea.

To simply dismiss someone wanting firings turned off, or at least to have the logic tuned as not realistic is a bit absurd.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:04 PM   #23
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

It needs to be changed because it's absurd that I have to win the Premier League every year to stay with my team.

I hate the "intentions" argument. I don't care if somebody cheats had gives themselves a billion dollars. If that's how they enjoy the game then who am I to say otherwise.

I mean, the way I play Madden is with 32 team control and let storylines develop. I play playoff games and alternate the team I control by the quarter. It's the way I enjoy it and I don't need somebody telling me that I need to control 1 flipping team because it's the way EA intended it.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 08-01-2016, 01:18 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 8

Weighing in now on a topic that I have felt strongly about for years ...

Yes! - there should be an option for turning the firings OFF.

If you are someone who is opposed to this option - then you can simply leave firings ON - and the game is absolutely the same for you.

Many, many, MANY of us who try to play "realistic / sim" FIFA with mid-level sides (not everyone wants to be Barca / Bayern / ManUnited) are interested in slowly building a team through a mix of training / youth academy / reasonable transfers ... this takes time. You cannot go from "finish mid-table" to "win the Premier League" in three years ... especially if you are using high difficulties / full-manual controls / sim sliders.

For example ... Stoke City finished 9th in the EPL last season (mid-table) ... does anyone want to make a wager on if they will "win the league" in the next three years?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »