Home

FIFA 17 Expectations vs Reality

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 Expectations vs Reality within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2016, 10:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
FIFA 17 Expectations vs Reality

A little summary what i expect from a full-priced update from Fifa16 to Fifa17

• Deeper Career-Mode with Ballon'o'dor / FIFA Team of the Year / Coach of the Year
  • True-Life Graphics
  • Real Press-Conferences with impact on your teams moral
  • Bug-Fixing (weird news on CM which do not fit)
  • Interviews after a Match
  • Top-Scorer of the Year (Animation, Reel of his best goals)
  • No Silhouette Players / Retired Players should revive in CM
  • Animated Coaches on the Sideline when changing tactics or any important actions happen (big foul, last minute goal etc.)

From the 8 points there is most likely none in Fifa 17 (not sure about bugfixing, silhouette players/retired players).

So this means, Fifa 17

Last edited by TripleJay_X; 08-14-2016 at 10:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2016, 11:26 PM   #2
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Re: FIFA 17 Expectations vs Reality

Everything you wrote would be great.

But instead EA serves up something I never saw anyone ask for anywhere, story mode

They removed several game modes from 14 to 15 to 16. In my opinion, 16 had the fewest modes/ways to play.

In pes always and fifa 14 I could use my chosen full team and practice. I could do that for hours, figuring out who passes best, has great moves, takes corners or fk's best, etc.

Removed for fifa 15 and not included in fifa 16

In 14 and 15 I loved playing the weekly highlights, 6 hand picked global matchups every week. Was neat to try out different teams and find out about rivalries or be tasked to recreate some feat that had occurred.

Removed for fifa 16.

In 15 I enjoyed going to the team news section and looking at articles and playing their upcoming game if it was a cool match.

Removed for 16. Technically you can still do it but instead of going right to match news and browsing you have to go to your profile, change favorite team, then go to news, then go to profile and change favorite team to see another team. Impossibly unnecessarily cumbersome.

And added modes are women and custom tourneys.

I expect nothing from fifa, which to me is sad because I have bought every single edition since it started.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:17 AM   #3
Rookie

flo182's Arena

Expectations:

• Customization and editing in Career-Mode so I can fix all the nonsense that doesn't work from the beginning. + community upgrades for offline-players
  • Stats & History of Players and Clubs: Career mode is about immersion. Immersion in a multiple-year-mode needs some kind of history. I want to know who won last years league, cup, international cups etc. Who won the goal-scorer trophy and so on. Been hoping for that since 6 years, nothing happened. Still feels like every new season is a fresh-start and players and clubs dont have any history or story-development.
  • AI-features that work: e.g. transfers that make sense, formations, line-ups etc.
    (don't buy 3 world-class keepers for 50 Million $ but play with a 61 rated youth striker; don't let your star players rot on the bench for no apparent reason etc...)

I dont think this is too much to ask. Editing and History /Transfers tracking have been in other sports games for more than 10 years. FIFA also kind of does it but doesnt give us the option to look at it.
All the other features I need for a good mode are already in the game, it just feels like EA never checked if they work as they should work.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:46 AM   #4
Rookie

yeah, a story mode no one asked for. playing humphrey bumphrey or what his name was....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo182
I dont think this is too much to ask.
for a game which sells this well and probably is EA's strongest Horse....definately No.

My offer for EA Sports ....

15 Euro

take it or leave it.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:06 AM   #5
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
In 14 and 15 I loved playing the weekly highlights, 6 hand picked global matchups every week. Was neat to try out different teams and find out about rivalries or be tasked to recreate some feat that had occurred.

Removed for fifa 16.
I loved this feature, was bummed to see it removed in 16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2016, 12:43 PM   #6
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Despite the criticism--having updated rosters, fixtures, graphics, and perhaps a few (I tread lightly...) new features, I undoubtedly will shell out full price for this game.

I've never gotten YEARLY enjoyment from a game before. Normally, once a sports season has run its course, so too as its corresponding video game for me.

Since I've 'discovered' soccer, post WC 2014--I can't get enough of it. I play this game literally until its next edition, and haven't really made time for my former loves (MLBTS, Madden, NCAA (RIP)).

While the game does lack lots of things we'd all love (see: Football Manager), I absolutely can't wait to get my Arsenal career stared on '17.
Old 08-15-2016, 01:07 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Despite the criticism--having updated rosters, fixtures, graphics, and perhaps a few (I tread lightly...) new features, I undoubtedly will shell out full price for this game.

I've never gotten YEARLY enjoyment from a game before. Normally, once a sports season has run its course, so too as its corresponding video game for me.

Since I've 'discovered' soccer, post WC 2014--I can't get enough of it. I play this game literally until its next edition, and haven't really made time for my former loves (MLBTS, Madden, NCAA (RIP)).

While the game does lack lots of things we'd all love (see: Football Manager), I absolutely can't wait to get my Arsenal career stared on '17.
....i'll probably buy the upcoming PS NEO and maybe a PES2017 offers me a new excitment (PC version sucks). Right now, i don't care much, i have NBA2k16, which is a blast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »