Home

FIFA 17 Video - Brand New Squad Building Challenges in FUT 17

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 Video - Brand New Squad Building Challenges in FUT 17 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2016, 01:50 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 17 Video - Brand New Squad Building Challenges in FUT 17

EA Sports has just introduced squad building challenges in FIFA 17, brand new for FUT 17. Check out the trailer here and more details for FUT 17 at the official website.

Quote:
Complete challenges and earn in-game rewards in Squad Building Challenges. You'll have a wide selection of dynamic scenarios to complete including Basic, Advanced, and League Challenges. Play on console, PC, or the FIFA 17 Companion App.

GETTING STARTED
When you first select Squad Building Challenges you will be presented with a tutorial explaining how to complete your first challenge group. After that, there are three ways to play Squad Building Challenges: Basic, Advanced, and Leagues - which will be updated throughout the season. Challenges can be bundled into groups, which unlock bigger rewards.

SELECT A CHALLENGE
You'll need to select one of the many Challenges available to you at launch to work towards completing. Let's take a closer look at an advanced “Two Nations” Challenge. For this Challenge you are required to build a starting XI of exactly two nationalities with a minimum chemistry of 60.

BUILD AND EXCHANGE
Build a team which fulfills the requirements of the challenge using items from your club or from the Transfer Market. Every pack in FUT 17 will help you get closer to completing specific challenges and unlocking rewards.

COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE
Once you've compiled a team which meets the requirements, it's time to submit and exchange for great rewards. Think wisely about which players you select - you will give up all player items that are part of the challenge once you submit your team. In Groups, completing a set of challenges unlocks additional group rewards.

GROUPS
Some challenges are a part of a wider set called Groups. Completing an entire Group earns you other in-game rewards so it pays to complete more than one challenge!

UNIQUE REWARDS
Completing Challenges and Groups could earn you packs, coins, and other unique items found only through Squad Building Challenges.

BUILD ON THE GO
Use the Companion App to extend your Squad Building Challenges experience. You'll be able to take your progress in Squad Building Challenges on the move and build squads to earn rewards wherever you play.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2016, 02:54 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Between this and FUT Champions, finally FIFA 17 Ultimate Team is a serious step forward.
... Maybe these ideas trickle down into Madden Ultimate Team?
*ducks*
Old 08-16-2016, 03:20 PM   #3
Rookie

dherrera1015's Arena

Re: FIFA 17 Video - Brand New Squad Building Challenges in FUT 17

Looks a lot like Diamond Dynasty missions from MLB The Show
Old 08-16-2016, 08:08 PM   #4
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmNotPrimetime
Between this and FUT Champions, finally FIFA 17 Ultimate Team is a serious step forward.
... Maybe these ideas trickle down into Madden Ultimate Team?
*ducks*
These are both pretty much already in Madden...Madden has Draft Champions which is similar and the squad building challenges are similar to Sets from MUT.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 08-18-2016, 02:18 PM   #5
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

Out of all of this--which is pretty interesting news, this caught my eye:

COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE
Once you've compiled a team which meets the requirements, it's time to submit and exchange for great rewards. Think wisely about which players you select - you will give up all player items that are part of the challenge once you submit your team. In Groups, completing a set of challenges unlocks additional group rewards.

I wonder if there'll be any restrictions about the card level used to build these teams. Otherwise, I would think buying bronze packs until you meet the challenge might be a nice exploit (pardon for improper use of the word). Or I wonder if having a minimum team chemistry will act as a check on that.

Either way, glad to see this coming to FUT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2016, 02:36 PM   #6
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHurley2010
Out of all of this--which is pretty interesting news, this caught my eye:

COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE

I wonder if there'll be any restrictions about the card level used to build these teams. Otherwise, I would think buying bronze packs until you meet the challenge might be a nice exploit (pardon for improper use of the word). Or I wonder if having a minimum team chemistry will act as a check on that.

Either way, glad to see this coming to FUT.
I'm sure that there will be certain challenges where you need to have a certain tier card in there, especially for some of the nicer rewards. There was one video (I think it was on the actual EA Sports FIFA website) where they showed a completed challenge and it was an 85 rated blue card (forgot who it was).

It's awesome they are doing this, now it's possible to obtain some really great players just by playing and collecting.

I'm glad it's coming to FUT as well.

Lakers
Juventus

Old 09-06-2016, 06:41 PM   #7
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

did i understand the post correctly in assuming that you don't get to keep the cards you submit for this challenge? you literally give up a squad for prizes?
Old 09-06-2016, 09:25 PM   #8
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
did i understand the post correctly in assuming that you don't get to keep the cards you submit for this challenge? you literally give up a squad for prizes?
That's correct, you can put your scrap bronzes and other cards you'll never use in them. Seems as if the rewards are quite good for completing these challenges so I'm sure it's worth it.

It's not like you'll fill a whole squad of TOTS and turn it in to never have them again.

Lakers
Juventus

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »