Home

FIFA 17 Beta-Gameplay

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 Beta-Gameplay within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2016, 05:00 PM   #9
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA 17 Beta-Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
First corner kick goal (also features the new manager reactions at the end):
Spoiler

The corner kick is my favorite one even though I didn't even end up using the player that I was controlling. Haven't been able to have a goal off the corner like this one in a long time.
Awesome being able to actually AIM the kick--I hope that doesn't make corners too easy though...

Really cool seeing Pep on the sideline. Obviously doesn't really matter, but to me, it REALLY adds to the immersion (now if only they could get the 'off pitch' stuff right re: immersion, but I digress...).

Also noticed the score overlay was generic as was the ball. I'm hoping (and also assuming) that's not going to be the case for the final build...
Old 08-20-2016, 06:48 PM   #10
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

I want to play the demo now.

I think it may be the spell being put on me because most of these live streams of the beta I am watching the users are bad.

And I mean horrible. Always pushing the ball to the top and then just getting boxed by multiple defenders and losing possession, over and over and over.

But watching all this and then watching a few fifa 16 videos there sadly doesn't seem to be much difference.

I think the changes, even though frostbite is a thing now, are just really subtle and most of these brutes playing the game are so hell bent on playing it like a racing game, I am not seeing the subtleties.

Which is why I want to play the demo now.

Or at least get access to the beta somehow and choose teams other than madrid, barca, bayern, manU and arsenal. Only slightly kidding when I write that I am now shocked EA puts in any more teams than that.

I have a few friends who play online and say 99% of the time those are the only teams chosen.

I must be alone in wanting to see sparta prague play sk slavia. Which yeah, you can't do in fifa anyway because the rest of world section is atrocious.

Anyway, I would love to see a 2nd division french matchup or Genk v. Lokeren.

Maybe if they tried using some of these weaker clubs it would stop being a sweaty pace fest of a game and there could actually be some patient build up and the use of numbers in attack.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:51 PM   #11
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

I hate to say this, but this beta gameplay will be entirely different come January if history holds true. Prove me wrong, EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2016, 08:02 PM   #12
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

Guys who have the beta. What do you think of the new penalty kick. I'm having a hard time with it. Maybe practice but I wonder if there will be an option to go to the classic controls once the game comes out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
NCAA Basketball - UK Wildcats
Old 08-20-2016, 08:09 PM   #13
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx
Guys who have the beta. What do you think of the new penalty kick. I'm having a hard time with it. Maybe practice but I wonder if there will be an option to go to the classic controls once the game comes out.

I hate it with the burning passion of a million suns.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:10 PM   #14
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerx

Hated it at first, but once I got a little more used to the changed controls I actually kinda like it.

Just seems like a little more work is involved now which is great!

Side note: The graphics are AMAZING! It cannot be understated. This game feels like a next-gen jump in graphics over Fifa 16.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:28 PM   #15
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm really enjoying the game play on this. And I'm afraid its going to be changed so much away from this by the time it comes out. Its not perfect by any means. But it feels good. Players feel like real people. They don't make too many crazy passes. There is lots of error and bad first touch. Its slowed way down. Its not a crazy end to end experience. At least not for me. And I'm seeing different play from different teams. And teams going backwards to reset build up. Fouls seem a little sparse though. I just know they end up changing most of this due to stupid feedback on the beta forums.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2016, 10:31 PM   #16
Pro

kenn5373's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
I hate to say this, but this beta gameplay will be entirely different come January if history holds true. Prove me wrong, EA.

I guarantee this will not play the same by January. It's much more slower. I'm already anticipating the complaints of the people who hold sprint all game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »