Home

Fed up with FIFA devs

This is a discussion on Fed up with FIFA devs within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 09:06 AM   #9
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Fed up with FIFA devs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
When i see teams transfering 0 to 1 players every 2 years it frustrates me more than anything. Why add a new budget system if teams dont even utilize it.
Don't be so hard on it. I mean, you see how active Arsenal have been in the last 2 years? I think FIFA nailed it.

Sigh.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:11 AM   #10
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Please cool your jets guys, one of those posts in particular is bordering on a "personal attack" and I'd hate to see anyone get banned. As for the OP, here's my thoughts: As a longtime fan of both games, I must admit I have been let down by the FIFA Dev Team's seeming ambivalence towards Career Mode. Sure they'll add in a token thing or two each year, but it never feels well thought out and carefully planned, the integration is usually clumsy, and always seems to have that "tacked on at the end" feeling. On top of that, features introduced previously are rarely refined or improved upon, so yes I completely understand the frustration of CM fans.
On the other hand, since the dawning of new gen, Madden CFM has gotten better by leaps and bounds seemingly each year, and although it's certainly not perfect, there is obvious enthusiasm for the mode by the devs.
IMO, this enthusiasm stems from the Madden devs willingness to "mix it up" if you will with our community. There a constant presence here at OS, always asking questions, always looking to get better. This also holds true for lots of other games as well, MLB The Show, NBA 2K, NHL Series(maybe others?).
Unfortunately however we have nothing, nada, zilch. Our slider thread has over one million views, one stinking million, yet we've never gotten the time of day from anyone on the FIFA team, nor even a Game Changer. Going back to at least 2011, I have never, ever, seen anyone from the FIFA team visit these boards, for anything, and therein lies the disconnect.
If we as a community are to ever get anything done, we need to somehow get the ear of the dev team. We need to let them know, that like "Whoville" We Are Here!
Old 08-22-2016, 09:29 AM   #11
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
If we as a community are to ever get anything done, we need to somehow get the ear of the dev team. We need to let them know, that like "Whoville" We Are Here!
You'd think that a slider thread with nearly 6500 replies and 1.2M views would turn some heads...?

I know that's not 'Manager Mode specific', but the gameplay is constantly rough when we have numerous members here spending countless hours trying to achieve better gameplay.

It's unfortunate that there isn't a dev presence here (that we know of, at least...).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 09:34 AM   #12
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Please cool your jets guys, one of those posts in particular is bordering on a "personal attack" and I'd hate to see anyone get banned. As for the OP, here's my thoughts: As a longtime fan of both games, I must admit I have been let down by the FIFA Dev Team's seeming ambivalence towards Career Mode. Sure they'll add in a token thing or two each year, but it never feels well thought out and carefully planned, the integration is usually clumsy, and always seems to have that "tacked on at the end" feeling. On top of that, features introduced previously are rarely refined or improved upon, so yes I completely understand the frustration of CM fans.
On the other hand, since the dawning of new gen, Madden CFM has gotten better by leaps and bounds seemingly each year, and although it's certainly not perfect, there is obvious enthusiasm for the mode by the devs.
IMO, this enthusiasm stems from the Madden devs willingness to "mix it up" if you will with our community. There a constant presence here at OS, always asking questions, always looking to get better. This also holds true for lots of other games as well, MLB The Show, NBA 2K, NHL Series(maybe others?).
Unfortunately however we have nothing, nada, zilch. Our slider thread has over one million views, one stinking million, yet we've never gotten the time of day from anyone on the FIFA team, nor even a Game Changer. Going back to at least 2011, I have never, ever, seen anyone from the FIFA team visit these boards, for anything, and therein lies the disconnect.
If we as a community are to ever get anything done, we need to somehow get the ear of the dev team
. We need to let them know, that like "Whoville" We Are Here!
Nailed it. They don't come around and from everything I've seen, they only want to talk to you on twitter when you're talking about FUT. If they would come here and discuss things like the Madden, 2K, and The Show guys do, they would come across some GREAT ideas that would make the game a lot better. I have to question their desire at this point. They just seem satisfied.
#WeAreND
Old 08-22-2016, 10:06 AM   #13
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0

I think it's mainly that this isn't that big of a market for them, OS doesn't really have a lot of FIFA players compared to Madden, 2K, The Show, etc.

FIFA is way more global and I would say a majority of the users of OS are from the States. If you look at the total post count and views for this Sub-Forum compared to Madden and 2K it's not even close. It's barely 1/10th of what they get.

Not saying it's ideal and I'd love to get some dev presence in here but I can rationally understand why they aren't here.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 08-22-2016, 11:12 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 6

That is true, other games have way more posts than FIFA, but mainly they have more posts of non gameplay issues.

I mean, for a dev to fix jerseys, socks, sticks, and all those little visual details is far more easy than coming to a slider thread in FIFA and try to keep up with the constant changes and understand the results people expect. Also, itīs much easier to change visual things than gameplay things, and in all honesty, thatīs what the devīs that come to OS want: easy things that a lot of people ask, so they can say they listen to the community.

I canīt point a big fundamental gameplay change by any game (MAdden, NBA, etc...) people asked that whasnīt previously mentioned by a dev. What i mean is, something the devīs never thought, werenīt going to do but did because we asked.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:32 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 2

I haven't bought Madden in several years - never with the latest gen consoles. I bought Madden and NCAA Football and NHL from the early 90's all the way through to the end of the PS3 era... NCAA stopped being produced and Madden and NHL both got stale and as an offline franchise mode guy what I wanted was being ignored (mostly, for me, the option to edit in career modes) so I stopped buying.

In their absence I played a little Show and 2K basketball and then got hooked on FIFA (which I had previously only played the World Cup versions regularly). FIFA has been my sports game for a few years now and I've played a ton of it. I've actually become a big-time soccer fan in general now and subscribe to channels specifically for soccer.

But I tried the 10 hr trial of Madden and am very impressed with the franchise mode and am waiting for tomorrow's release like it's Xmas eve. Put me down as one in the "Madden's career mode is drastically better than FIFA's camp." And after seeing and reading about what Madden is doing... I don't see me buying FIFA 17. I love the series but the offline mode has to add editing (and stats) for it to be worthwhile to me.

Last edited by mcavner; 08-22-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 06:23 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

When are we just going to admit that the problem is EA Sports? The games we all complain about (FIFA, Madden, NHL, UFC) are all EA. The ones we seem to gravitate to as comparison are MLB The Show and NBA2K. Not to say those are perfect, but they have "changed the game" for the better.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »