Home

FIFA 17 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2016, 11:53 PM   #321
Rookie

Anton10's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introspectah
It's playing remarkably differently from the first few days i played it.

There and then i was allowed with much too much ease to slide through the center like a blunt knife through butter, after opportunely having cut inside from the wing, yet now the AI's defensive composure seems much more stabilized.

To name but one improvement i noticed after the patch i read has been allegedly implemented.

I have noticed a difference as well in the last few nights of gameplay. The first couple of nights I could slice through the defence so easy (on Legendary) and it was boring and wasn't looking to play it again until the full release. I am glad I tried it again because now it is so much better. I did slice through 2 or 3 times last night over 5 games or so (on World Class) but the AI defence is so much better. How could it have updated? I didn't see any patch or update come through?

Anyway loving the demo now and can't wait for the full release!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2016, 06:39 AM   #322
Rookie

hunterdawgs10's Arena

Here is a video of me testing with the CPU the Long ball tactic plus very low pressure.

Game play starts at 3:40. Before that is settings and tactics setup.

Last edited by hunterdawgs10; 09-21-2016 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-21-2016, 06:57 AM   #323
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdawgs10

Here is a video of me testing with the CPU the Long ball tactic plus very low pressure.

Good video hunterdawgs.

Donīt really know what conclusions we can take here for sure. The CPU did try some long balls but not to the extent where i can say the tactics definitely work, but maybe itīs a good thing, in the sense they donīt over do it! That would be bad as well, if they just punt it upfield.

The CPU, even with long ball tactic had 87% pass completion, which is a bad sign in my opinion, since they are a bad team, with long ball tactic, they really shouldnīt have that percentage.

CPU still doesnīt shoot enough outside the box, except for first time shots, and they definitely didnīt threat you, but this is acceptable because the difference in talent of both teams.

So... still too early to see things clearly i guess...
Old 09-21-2016, 10:03 AM   #324
Rookie

BSDShoes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton10
I have noticed a difference as well in the last few nights of gameplay. The first couple of nights I could slice through the defence so easy (on Legendary) and it was boring and wasn't looking to play it again until the full release. I am glad I tried it again because now it is so much better. I did slice through 2 or 3 times last night over 5 games or so (on World Class) but the AI defence is so much better. How could it have updated? I didn't see any patch or update come through?

Anyway loving the demo now and can't wait for the full release!
Possibly a ninja tuner update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdawgs10

AI looks normal, I've played some against that.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:37 PM   #325
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

One thing I would like to point out to my American FIFA players here on OS, is that you shouldn't be looking at statistics as much as you do like in NFL or NBA.

Football isn't about percentages. Sure, they can be indicative, but FIFA's biggest flaw in my opinion is about those percentages not meaning ANYTHING.

Having 69% possession on FIFA is useless unless that is accompanied by goals. I routinely beat players with high possession numbers purely because I know how to defend and how to score goals.

if that possession is in your own half, its not dangerous. It's exactly what was the issue with Louis Van Gaal at United.

If anything, I feel that FIFA makes every team play like Van Gaal's United, and that is why playing CPU is boring, and that is why unless there actual advanced metrics about possession in opposition half, etc. having a statistical approach to FIFA is void.

Do you ever feel that a team is just better than you? Or do you just feel you're being cheesed because the AI knows what button you just pressed.

Until they fix that, all the other analysis is redundant, sorry guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2016, 12:01 PM   #326
MVP

creweutah's Arena

Same crap every year. I hope the devs read this. CPU STILL playing ping pong. Regardless of what level they are. Lower leagues, Serie A etc. No difference. They string 5-6 one touch passes, bang, shot on target. Even on slow settings, the ball moves around too quick from the CPU. SO UNREALISTIC. And some complete Douche has the nerve to say that PES is arcadey and FIFA is a true sim. Pleaseeeeee.

Tell me what youre smoking
Old 09-25-2016, 03:04 PM   #327
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by creweutah
Same crap every year. I hope the devs read this. CPU STILL playing ping pong. Regardless of what level they are. Lower leagues, Serie A etc. No difference. They string 5-6 one touch passes, bang, shot on target. Even on slow settings, the ball moves around too quick from the CPU. SO UNREALISTIC. And some complete Douche has the nerve to say that PES is arcadey and FIFA is a true sim. Pleaseeeeee.

Tell me what youre smoking
Camel. You?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »