Home

Let me demonstrate to you '17's Realism

This is a discussion on Let me demonstrate to you '17's Realism within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 06:06 PM   #49
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Let me demonstrate to you '17's Realism

orion - I haven't bothered posting videos of the issues I have with the ball physics, size of the football, animations, shooting speed, etc. because I see something I hate in *literally every video* because it's part of the DNA of FIFA 17, quite obviously.

It's also very subjective. If these player animations and physics don't bother you, I'd be an idiot to try and convince any of you otherwise! <3
Old 09-15-2016, 06:20 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
In a way though he's right isn't he? You cannot play defenseless track meet style football yourself then slate the game for being a track meet. Funny thing is there are very few videos, as usual, from the negative posters. At least he's attempting to make a valid point using video proof, whether or not he gets that point across is debatable but he's tried.
For me a lot of the issues stem from the halves being so short. At four minutes you're almost forced to push the play in order to get some action, but if you ignore all that, and play as if it's a 30 minute game things change dramatically I'm hoping tomorrow to be able to mic up, hop onto Twitch and get some games in, hopefully I can get some viewers and we can mix it up about what we're seeing. You know me Matt, I can be critical, especially when it comes to these two games, but I am truly seeing a lot of good here.
Oh sure, he's definitely right. That is the problem though. He's not being forced to play that way, he's forcing himself to play that way...so the CPU can play realistically as well. I can understand why, and if you watched the match, with no content of this thread, you'd tilt your head on some of the decision making by the user and CPU.

You're right though, he's making an attempt to validate the good side of this demo (emphasis on demo, people). You know I love a video proof more than anyone, so that is what was intriguing. The content of intro's posts intrigued me more than the actual motion of the game to be perfectly honest.

This demo has a base to work from, but I don't think we need to be too in-depth as it doesn't have all the tools that the full-game will have...er...hope we have (sliders + tactics working).
Old 09-15-2016, 06:24 PM   #51
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
haha, re: free kick, I meant the goal kick mechanics - which have driven me crazy for years.

What I saw in Intro's videos was not sprinting, but instead it was like watching old men play football with the abuse of the overpowered shielding. He was constantly playing with his back to the ball like it was the 70's NBA and he was working on his post moves.
Now I have said I think the shielding is a bit overdone. Whenever this company implements something they always want to "show it off." And yes, the goal kick system sucks, Pes gets this more correct. At full power everyone hits their goal kicks like Hope Solo

Watch the first two possessions of this game and tell me you don't see shielding, sprinting when there needs to be and short passing. Granted this Real Betis is a bit of a possession and Barcelona is Barcelona, but you have to figure, almost every team has a possession style as their default tactics in this game lol (Bayern, Real, City, Man U, I think probably even Inter, Chelsea's a mix).

This game looks pretty similar to what we're seeing in Intro's videos and to what I experience when I play this game. It's not exactly there(there needs to be more switching of play, booting it down to your striker when in doubt, more help from your D, obvious a bit Op shielding, although legacy defending really does help combat this).

But you'd be hard pressed to tell me this game isn't the furthest we've been in some time. Calling it a disgrace to football and so on is perplexing to me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 06:28 PM   #52
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
talucchesi - you just hit on the issue at hand from my perspective: INDIVIDUALITY. Even in Intro's videos, he's constantly working on the 1v1 battles - shielding, back pedaling, dribbling, shielding, then finally at long last, he finds an open teammate. It's not dynamic and fluid.
Not at all what I meant by individuality, I meant player id as in Messi dropping deep to help the midfield, Neymar taking on defenders with tight dribbling and pace or Zlatan holding up play.

Intro's playing nearly exactly what you seen during weekend's. The problem is, he's doing it with 4 minute halves...
Old 09-15-2016, 06:32 PM   #53
Rookie

mondeslicht's Arena

OVR: 1

May I propose a solution to EA? Like in the NHL serious you should be able how the gameplay should be:

-arcade
-simulation
-hardcore

sorry if I forgot anything but you know what I mean?
That's the only way to make all people happy. Could EA implement that?
Old 09-15-2016, 06:33 PM   #54
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Oh sure, he's definitely right. That is the problem though. He's not being forced to play that way, he's forcing himself to play that way...so the CPU can play realistically as well. I can understand why, and if you watched the match, with no content of this thread, you'd tilt your head on some of the decision making by the user and CPU.
You don't have to be forced to play possession football. Barca, City, Bayern, Rayo Vallecano, Arsenal play their style regardless of the other teams tactics.

Dortmund are fast regardless of who their playing. The only example I can think of is Leicester typically don't really want to dominate possession, but against lesser teams they don't counter and will instead, dominate possession.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:35 PM   #55
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeslicht
May I propose a solution to EA? Like in the NHL serious you should be able how the gameplay should be:

-arcade
-simulation
-hardcore

sorry if I forgot anything but you know what I mean?
That's the only way to make all people happy. Could EA implement that?
Went on a rant about this last week on Evo-Web lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 06:36 PM   #56
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

I think this thread and a lot of the impressions are a mix of a placebo effect on both sides.

I believe (in limited matches so far) that FIFA 17 plays a really good game of football. And I do agree with the threadstarter that how you play depends on how the AI plays.

But let's be clear, tactics have not been shown to work. And sliders won't fix tactics. Sliders will just give you enough error to slow down the realism of speed, passes and shots. That's it.

I'm not a soccer expert by any means and consider myself a casual fan that is growing into a diehard fan.

But the 2017 demo games which I've played (and this is without sliders) looks similar to a real game as far as physicality and pace. Yes, there are too many pinpoint passes by both human and the CPU. But beyond that, a soccer game is not 90+ minutes of sprinting around and tackling every 2nd pass.

FIFA17 will have a good possession pace to it if you play like it. And something I noticed in '16 was that on Pro..the CPU rarely uses skill moves. But when I moved up to WC (without changing the sliders I was using)...the CPU players used more skill moves and played more "controlled" as far as long balls and smart plays.

I think that '17 improves on that.

Someone complained there's too much AI shielding. Not trying to be condescending but...watch a game. It's a bunch of hugging and tugging and grabbing.

If you play a possession game...how often have you seen the CPU taking 10+ shots? Most of the time they won't. I'm surprised when I see guys posting that they beat the CPU 5-0 or something ridiculous like that. Most of my games are fewer than 2-3 goals total which is realistic to me.

Too much FIFA vs PES nonsense instead of people enjoying a videogame experience as much as they can. Because it doesn't do exactly what you want it to do doesn't make it a bad game. And trust me...I'm not trying to justify anything or make excuses. If tactics ever worked...it would take FIFA into another stratosphere.

But make due while you can or skip the annual iteration..Trust me...EA won't lose any money or sleep over this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »