Home

Let me demonstrate to you '17's Realism

This is a discussion on Let me demonstrate to you '17's Realism within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 06:37 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Let me demonstrate to you '17's Realism

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
You don't have to be forced to play possession football. Barca, City, Bayern, Rayo Vallecano, Arsenal play their style regardless of the other teams tactics.

Dortmund are fast regardless of who their playing. The only example I can think of is Leicester typically don't really want to dominate possession, but against lesser teams they don't counter and will instead, dominate possession.
Talu, you know I love the real life comparisons, but that doesn't necessarily validate the artificial creation of one user. There is a big difference in tactics vs common football player's sense. If you have two centerbacks picking daisies out of the grass, you're going to send a through ball to your unmarked forward. These are the similar arguments I got into with the PES guys on NGB. Common sense comes first, tactics are second.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:56 PM   #58
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Talu, you know I love the real life comparisons, but that doesn't necessarily validate the artificial creation of one user. There is a big difference in tactics vs common football player's sense. If you have two centerbacks picking daisies out of the grass, you're going to send a through ball to your unmarked forward. These are the similar arguments I got into with the PES guys on NGB. Common sense comes first, tactics are second.
Common sense first makes, well, sense. But where in his video are two Cb's picking daisies and he missed someone wide open? And has anyone ever thought, maybe he just missed the open man? It happens sometimes. I'll watch my own matches sometimes think to myself "why the hell didn't I pass it there?" Lol. Maybe his player had his back turned, maybe he didn't want to use a certain players left foot. I dunno, but I need video evidence of this. I see alot of him holding up play when he needs to.

And yes tactics do play a bigger role than you might give credit for Matt. Some would look at a specific Pep-run side and say, there was an obvious pass there, go forward! I remember in the Champions league quarter final i think it was when Neuer played the ball out from the back with Bayern up a goal. Everyone was like, Neuer made a mistake he shouldve played the ball deep. But that's what Pep instructs.

Point being made is, not everyone's common sense is harmonious.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:01 PM   #59
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeslicht
May I propose a solution to EA? Like in the NHL serious you should be able how the gameplay should be:

-arcade
-simulation
-hardcore

sorry if I forgot anything but you know what I mean?
That's the only way to make all people happy. Could EA implement that?
Those are just slider presets. Fifa has sliders.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:14 PM   #60
MVP

BL8001's Arena

The cpu keeper still kicks the ball down the middle of the pitch 99% of the time.

It's been doing this for 23 years.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:17 PM   #61
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
The cpu keeper still kicks the ball down the middle of the pitch 99% of the time.

It's been doing this for 23 years.
I think you will find that if you weren't such a terrible player, the cpu keeper would have much more varied distribution.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 07:21 PM   #62
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
I think you will find that if you weren't such a terrible player, the cpu keeper would have much more varied distribution.
Well that makes zero sense.

So if I am the bestest fifa player ever the cpu keeper will pick out different targets instead of hoofing it blindly to the mid circle?
Old 09-15-2016, 07:27 PM   #63
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
lol, well played, sir...
Old 09-15-2016, 07:29 PM   #64
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

I'll admit that I'm just trying to watch my wallet a bit. Matt tried to bait me into buying PES for both PS4 and PC. (FWIW, I downloaded the PES demo on PC and it's dreadful IMO - textures, motion, just ugh).

The idea of playing two football games kinda makes me want to puke in my mouth, but I'm gonna try not to let that influence my ideas and attitudes about either game.

I've hated it in years past when people bitched about PES on FIFA's forum and vice-versa so I'll try not to indulge that sort of behavior.

Let me grab the demo on PC and I'll Twitch/YouTube a video pointing out what's bothering me so intensely with the FIFA 17 demo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »