Home

Brand new to Soccer, Please advise.

This is a discussion on Brand new to Soccer, Please advise. within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2016, 11:30 AM   #9
Rookie

buziii's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Brand new to Soccer, Please advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
I am 65. Played Baseball, Football, and Golf my whole life but never really had an interest in Soccer until I stated watching my grand children play. Never owned a Computer until 1992, First thing I did was buy every BB, FB, and golf game I could get my hands on, I don't think there is any that exist that we didn't try. Started our first official league with Sierra FB. I loved that game. Was the very first member on the Sierra FB Forum. I bought my first PS3 for one reason and one reason only. MLB the Show. Best sports game available in my opinion. Just an amazing game with so many options. I Bought my first ps4 two years ago. Been in a home OFFLINE league since 92 with 5 of my friends graduating from PC to PS4. We usually try to stay in a franchise for as long as possible. We had 8 seasons in Madden 12 because it was the only version that let us play CPU vs. CPU. We are finishing our last season in 16 because we could play coach mode, but anxious for 17 because of the POTM or CPU vs. CPU ability. We are all about the same age and have played every version of Madden, MLB the show, Tiger Woods, but now the Golf Club. To this day, we all get together at my home on Sundays and play our games. Madden during FB season, The Show during BB season and Golf when we can. We started with 8 of us, but lost one, and two moved away. But the original five of us are lifetime high school friends, one cousin, and all live within 5 miles of each other. So these stupid little video games mean far more to me than anyone could ever imagine. It keeps me in touch with my friends and family. We are like a big Sunday family. It is awesome. I don't think the guys will be interested in Soccer so this one is just for me.
This is awesome. I'm just a few years younger than you. I'm also a lifelong sports nut, and play only sports video games. I also didn't know soccer, but I started playing FIFA two years ago and now I'm hooked. I understand the game so much better now, and the beautiful game that I used to find so boring is truly beautiful, I have to admit. I'm not saying it beats our football, baseball, and basketball that I've played and followed all my life, but it's now in the same arena for me.

I recommend you give it a try. Learn and watch the game outside of playing FIFA. You won't regret it.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:58 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Brand new to Soccer, Please advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
I am 65. Played Baseball, Football, and Golf my whole life but never really had an interest in Soccer until I stated watching my grand children play. Never owned a Computer until 1992, First thing I did was buy every BB, FB, and golf game I could get my hands on, I don't think there is any that exist that we didn't try. Started our first official league with Sierra FB. I loved that game. Was the very first member on the Sierra FB Forum. I bought my first PS3 for one reason and one reason only. MLB the Show. Best sports game available in my opinion. Just an amazing game with so many options. I Bought my first ps4 two years ago. Been in a home OFFLINE league since 92 with 5 of my friends graduating from PC to PS4. We usually try to stay in a franchise for as long as possible. We had 8 seasons in Madden 12 because it was the only version that let us play CPU vs. CPU. We are finishing our last season in 16 because we could play coach mode, but anxious for 17 because of the POTM or CPU vs. CPU ability. We are all about the same age and have played every version of Madden, MLB the show, Tiger Woods, but now the Golf Club. To this day, we all get together at my home on Sundays and play our games. Madden during FB season, The Show during BB season and Golf when we can. We started with 8 of us, but lost one, and two moved away. But the original five of us are lifetime high school friends, one cousin, and all live within 5 miles of each other. So these stupid little video games mean far more to me than anyone could ever imagine. It keeps me in touch with my friends and family. We are like a big Sunday family. It is awesome. I don't think the guys will be interested in Soccer so this one is just for me.
Dude... This is an AWESOME story!

I'm also happy because it let's me know that I'll never stop playing video games as I get older

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »