Home

The Journey

This is a discussion on The Journey within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2016, 12:55 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
I really wish drawing a penalty that everyone else gets to take would count as scoring chances created.

In my first game I drew 3 pks getting 2 players sent off but I finish with 0-2 chances created...

Also I had the funniest moment where I'm subbed in in the first real game and on the throw in, I got injured.

It was amusing...
I noticed Alex actually loses points on his match game score if you draw a penalty because you "didn't move the ball"
Old 09-29-2016, 01:12 AM   #34
Rookie

I'll sum up my experience with "The Journey" so far to see if anyone else has had a different experience so far, or if its all the same script regardless of performance. I always play as the team by the way. (Spoiler Alert)

I chose to play as a striker and finished 3rd in the exit trial. I signed with Manchester United, and went on their preseason tour of the U.S.A. We won all 3 games against PSG, Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid where Alex scored a goal against Borussia Dortmund and assisted a goal from Pogba against Real Madrid (BTW Walker scored against PSG and was the only goal he scored as far as I know during the preseason). Ibrahimovic was injured against Real Madrid so Man U needed the younger players to step up.

Alex was subbed in against Liverpool and ended up scoring a brace to win. Eventually United bought Harry Kane, who takes Alex's spot on the team even though he is in good form. He played well in about 5 other matches (and in training) without scoring before going on loan to Aston Villa. At Aston Villa, I easily got into the first team after scoring twice in a League Cup match in my first start I played very well ever since scoring or assisting in each game since the loan except one (about 8 or so).

Also Alex seems to become enemies with Walker, and friends with his former enemy who plays at Aston Villa. Also I should mention that the AI for Villa's defenders are horrible as they always seem to bunch up compared to my other team in career mode, and the few kick off games I played.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:16 AM   #35
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

^^^^

Well, I went 1-1-1 on the US tour with Sunderland so that is different.

Last edited by steelerfan; 09-29-2016 at 02:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 10:40 AM   #36
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

What way are you guys leaning more to the Cool/fierce or neutral?

I started with cool but no Ive gone more Fierce
Old 09-29-2016, 02:32 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

The Journey is only 1 season? Wow
Old 09-29-2016, 02:48 PM   #38
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by luballr41
The Journey is only 1 season? Wow
It doesn't span multiple seasons atleast? I can understand the cutscenes and story stopping after 1 season, but atleast let us play through a whole career.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:45 PM   #39
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

It started really strong. But just before about half way through, when you figure it all out, it becomes a huge let down. They really botched this I think. It could have been something great. But they tried to make it too compact, rushed. And the story is way too cliche. I also regret picking the team based on early play time now. Because that doesn't seem to mater at all. I would be in the exact playing time situation no matter which team. And that is just stupid.

Last edited by Zac; 09-29-2016 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:53 AM   #40
Rookie

It really started out interesting, but I feeling the glory is quickly fading off. There os a couple of things that really annoys me. It apparently being only one season is really disappointing, and kind of makes the journey name pointless. The journey to what? I imagined the journey being from rookie whipping boy to full fledged superstar, not the train ride to down to a Championship club.

And when I chose Liverpool as my favorite club in the beginning and later signed for them, the club my grandfather proudly played for, why in Gods name do I have posters of Martial and Hazard up in my room? How many Liverpool supporters have United and Chelsea payers on their walls? This is the small details that completely break the emersion. That being said, they nailed a realistic detail in Sturridge getting injured and missing time.

I also don't like that this is a mode that don't reward you for making the right decisions as a football players, but rather forces you to play a selfish, ball hogging type of football. Instead of rewarding me for setting up a goal by passing the ball to the man on the open goal, I get punished in that I fail to reach the expectation from the manager of scoring. And to even raise my own in game rating I have to call for the ball in every situation to be involved enough to effect my rating.

The scripted elements of pats of the game is also really stupid. I score 4 goals and assist on 2 during the preseason tour, in two of the games coming on as a sub, but I'm still not good enough to start. I follow that up with scoring in the first two or three games of the season as a sub, only to still be benched in favor of you friend, who never is portrayed as being the superior player of the two of them.

I'm 5 games into the regular season at this point. I will still play for now, but this really seems to go nowhere. I like the story aspect of the mode, but it would be great to feel like you have something to do with what happens instead of just being a passenger on the ride.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »