Home

Why do they keep removing features every year?

This is a discussion on Why do they keep removing features every year? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 01:16 PM   #17
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why do they keep removing features every year?

Yeah I have talked to EA about the lack of practice match.

I cannot get in touch with anyone who can turn it back on.

But they have agreed to the conclusion I came to which is that when EA changed the GUI from 14 to 15 they did not re-assign all the features.

This is why people have found the practice match mode still on the disc.

So the data is there and we could have practice match if EA would just change a code line from 0 to 1.

All we are away from it is that. Then we would just hit the "select" button in the 1v1 arena and we would get the full option list to do a proper match practice.

Look, since they took it out for 15 I have tweeted EA and talked to EA help and been escalated higher up the phone chain, I contacted Ian and all the old EA contacts I had from NCAA days and none of them know anyone in the Vancouver studio.

I am not joking when I say this is 1kb of patch data away from being given back to us.

If I could just have 2 minutes or a message exchange with someone at EA Vancouver I could get this fixed. I can even send them the code and they can just find it in the programming and quickly change it.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:49 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Yeah I have talked to EA about the lack of practice match.

I cannot get in touch with anyone who can turn it back on.

But they have agreed to the conclusion I came to which is that when EA changed the GUI from 14 to 15 they did not re-assign all the features.

This is why people have found the practice match mode still on the disc.

So the data is there and we could have practice match if EA would just change a code line from 0 to 1.

All we are away from it is that. Then we would just hit the "select" button in the 1v1 arena and we would get the full option list to do a proper match practice.

Look, since they took it out for 15 I have tweeted EA and talked to EA help and been escalated higher up the phone chain, I contacted Ian and all the old EA contacts I had from NCAA days and none of them know anyone in the Vancouver studio.

I am not joking when I say this is 1kb of patch data away from being given back to us.

If I could just have 2 minutes or a message exchange with someone at EA Vancouver I could get this fixed. I can even send them the code and they can just find it in the programming and quickly change it.

This post is ridiculous and just cracked me up. SMH.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:57 PM   #19
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

I really miss the Match of the Week matches, it was a great way to learn about leagues and rivalries you may not have been familiar with.

And Creation Centre. Man oh man, Creation Centre. Even NHL has a decent creation mode this year, FIFA had the best of them all and it went missing without a trace. I asked an EA rep about Creation Centre at E3, he didn't even know what it was. That is unfortunate.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:49 PM   #20
Rookie

BSDShoes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlocked
To point one, seems like they streamlined it from comments above.

To the other points, they likely have statistics that shows what is used most and least often and cuts things out from there to add new things. Remember a Bluray only holds 50 GB max and FIFA 17 clocks in at 40. So they have to streamline as much as possible while still having something new as a promotional tool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
FIFA 17 doesn't have to be 40GB but adding Frostbite pushed that up, FIFA 15 was 16GB and 16 was 23GB so that's a giant jump.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »