Home

Passing - Manual or Semi

This is a discussion on Passing - Manual or Semi within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2016, 07:50 PM   #17

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Passing - Manual or Semi

Manual would be the way to go ... IF you could get the CPU to play realistically with their passes. IE: no perfect one touch ping pong bullet passes, a realistic amount of misplaced passes, etc. Anything above professional difficulty, and your imperfect manual passing will hurt you more than it should.

You might have tight matches with the CPU, but your pass accuracy will be around 75-80%, and theirs will be 95%. And getting the CPU to play realistic pass % is an endless quest, just check the community slider thread last year and this year.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:32 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Manual would be the way to go ... IF you could get the CPU to play realistically with their passes. IE: no perfect one touch ping pong bullet passes, a realistic amount of misplaced passes, etc. Anything above professional difficulty, and your imperfect manual passing will hurt you more than it should.

You might have tight matches with the CPU, but your pass accuracy will be around 75-80%, and theirs will be 95%. And getting the CPU to play realistic pass % is an endless quest, just check the community slider thread last year and this year.
I'm enjoying full manual, but semi crossing, although I may go back to manual for it. I play on broadcast camera, so the angle is a bit off sometimes.

Dub - it's most of the time, but sometimes you get some awesome stats at the end. I think it's also dependent on how you play against the CPU.

I was Napoli.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:10 PM   #19
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Played my first game on manual after skimming this thread earlier. Took me a little bit to get adjusted, but I had fun. I left a few scoring opportunities out there. I think I could've gotten at least 1 point. Not bad, though. I'll keep messing around with this. This was on World Class.

If anyone plays all manual online let me know. It would probably do me good to see how I do against a real opponents on these settings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (68.5 KB, 129 views)
Old 01-22-2017, 03:49 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
100% agree and tbh, manual passing isn't that hard to learn IMO. A lot of people I know who have migrated over started out with manual passing, semi crossing/shooting so that the reward for buildup was there but they weren't let down by the end product.
I think I might need to try going this route. Have switched back and forth this year and thought I had settled on semi (for everything, and manual when semi is not an option) but there were still a couple times where it passed to someone I did not intend.

I wonder (for offline play) about just decreasing user pass and shot error to compensate on full manual? I just feel like it is too difficult, near impossible even, to hit the mark at the end on full manual shooting.

Anyone have positive experience with lowered pass and shot error for user with manual controls?
Old 01-23-2017, 07:11 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280Italian
In my quest to improve my crappy skills at FIFA I decided to get rid of assisted passing. It was a bit too easy so I think I settled on Semi. Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations when debating between full manual and semi?

Keep in mind that my skills are not that good and I lose games on professional with semi passing.
Some good advice here. BUT !, if you have problems at the professional level I dont think you're ready for full manual?, it becomes too frustrating. Perhaps start with through ball manual, and then work your way forward. My experience tells me that those who play full manual often is experienced longtime FIFA player. But try it, and I agree with the majority here the day you master full manual, it's great and gives the game another dimension.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2017, 04:25 AM   #22
Rookie

Old thread is old, but I'm of the opinion that for the most part, manual is a must. It takes a while to get used to, but when you do, you'll wonder how you ever felt in 'control' on assisted.

That said, I've tried for ages, but I still can't get to grips with manual through balls, so the only thing I have assisted is that. I'm not sure what it is, but too often I find myself in amazing positions outside the box with someone running into space, I tap the through ball button as lightly as I possibly can to play it into their feet, but somehow my player still ends up booting it straight to the keeper. I just found it ruined too many easy goal-scoring opportunities for me (ones that I'd even be able to pull off quite easily in real-life), so for that reason I've had to settle for assisted there.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:21 PM   #23
Rookie

quintessence21's Arena

I will have to try this at some point, although I don't think I am at the level to be able to do it competently
Old 02-03-2017, 03:04 PM   #24
Pro

stevostl's Arena

I already posted in this thread one I see but I will again..

I'm an online only player in H2H Divisions and Pro CLUBS...

and lately I have been playing primarily Pro Clubs.. I play probably 4- 5 nights a week lately with my club

and I have recently switched to semi assisted passing..

reason being is for those who play PRO clubs a lot you will know what i'm talking about but when there is 2 players on your team in the same area and your directing the pass to one of them with assisted passing.. over 90% of the time it will go to neither because of 2 players in the same area on your team..

since I have switched to semi assisted I have not seen this happen to me really as much.. and can't recall it.. grant it.. I only just recently made the switch a week ago or so but probably played at least 10 club games since and it's been much better

I always use manual on my lob passing though. and use semi on crossing which is default.

I have thought about changing thru ball to manual though and might try it because I have the same problem sometimes I talked about with assisted passing in pro clubs sometimes with the thru ball as well.. if there 2 guys on my team near each other and you try a thru ball with assisted default controls it will NEVER go to either... it's just not as bad or noticable with thru balls because almost always in these situations.. it's not common to have 2 players on your team in the same area on those plays your passing the thru ball to

I used assisted shooting... I see no reason to change this as this works best and I have no problem scoring against human keepers. Manual passing or Shooting would not be very smart to use. unless if your playing in a league that is all manual or something...

for those of you playing offline only always.. which I give you those of you who can do that major props who can handle playing the computer always over and over. MY ADHD would never allow me to do that........ then manual might be great for those type players though.

I think I might try out manual passing in my pro clubs and see how I do... anyone else play pro club using manual pass?

Last edited by stevostl; 02-03-2017 at 03:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »