Home

How's your FIFA career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA career mode going? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2017, 06:02 PM   #281
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How's your FIFA career mode going?

I started a new career with Leipzig. First thing I did was swap Roma into the Bundesliga for a crappy team just to get a pinch more competition within the league. My favorite things when starting a new career are A) not having a super, overpowered team (Real, Barca, Bayern, etc) and B) I love to fill out my squad with the young guns....

Up top I have Werner and Augustin. I transferred in Alexander Isak from Dortmund who occasionally starts and will come in as a sub for the strikers. Forsberg and Bruma on the outsides w/ Demme and Keita as the CDM's. In the back I have Bernando, Virgil Van D (transfer from Southampton), Upamecano and Malang Sarr (transfer from Nice). Then finally, to round it out, I went out and got the young prodigy, Alban Lafont from Toulouse at GK.

Probably one of the most fun careers i've ever done
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2017, 11:42 PM   #282
Rookie

Ghostrider1078's Arena

Newish guy here I've lurked for a bit checking out the sliders. Anyway, finished my first cm season with Everton last night. Finished 2nd in the league 9 points behind United(cause I actually bought a decent striker, and some pacy wingers, and a defender or two unlike Koeman) and won the FA cup.

Best game I had was 4-0 win v. Huddersfield after one of their defenders went out on a red card. Worst was a 3-1 loss to Arsenal. Playing on WC using community slider set.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:14 AM   #283
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

3 quarters through YR1 with Bordeaux in Ligue 1. So far sitting in 3rd after a ho hum start that saw me drop as low as 14th. Simply put, we could not put the ball in the back of net with any kind of regularity. Our form was so erratic. We lost 4-1 away to Estac Troyes yet beat league leaders Monaco, Lyon, Lille, and drew vs Marseille. A little formation tweaking from a 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1 and the introduction of loanee Peirrera from Juve at CAM so the results improve. We're currently on a 13 match unbeaten streak with the last loss coming to Stade Rennais in the Coupe de Ligue. In this run we've beaten Lyon twice (once in the league and once in the Coppa Nationale), Marseille, Monaco (Coppa), and nice amongst others.

In changing the formation, our ST De Preville sits atop the league with 14 goals, tied with Germain from Marseille. Bordeaux splashed some cash in the summer window prior to my arrival bringing in:

GK Benoit Costil -from Rennais for 20 mil
RB Youssouf Sabaly from Paris FC for 12.5 mil
CB Vukasin Jovanovic from Zenit for 10 mil
CDM Octavio from Atl. Paranese for 12 mil
CM Lukas Lerager from Zulte for 11.5 mil
ST Nicolas De Preville from Lille for 15 mil

Not a bad haul to add to promising prospects Malcolm (Brazilian RW) & Kimano (Cameroonian LW) but the depth is very thin.

Fast forward to the January window and:

Sold
LB Diego Contento to Hamburg for 2.5 mil (3rd choice LB)
CM Plasil to Guigamp for 1.5 mil (35yrs old and contemplating retirement)
GK Jeremie Prior to Montepellier for 6.2 mil (Didnt want to sell him but he wanted out)

We used this money to bring in CB Issa Diop from Toulese for 14 mil. Kid is a stud. 21yrs old and already a 79. 6'4, strong as an ox, and very good defensive stats for his age. Already a rock at a back and a great partnership with Jovanovic.

Unfortunately our backup ST Guy Laborde had his release clause activated by Southhampton for 11.5 mil and then 2 hours before the window closed our starting CM Y.Sankhare had his clause activated by Hamburg for 17 mil. We managed to bring in another CAM, Gabby Boschilla from Monaco before this but we couldn't replace Sankhare in the market because there wasn't enough time. We ended up having to promote a kid from the academy (D Richard - 59 OVR) just to have an extra body. The kid has played pretty well but last match vs Monaco disaster struck. We lost our ST De Preville for 8 weeks to a dislocated shoulder and our CM Lerager to a LCL for 3 months. Lerager is done for the year but De Preville should be back in May for the final stretch.

Initially we were pushing for a Europa Spot but we're sitting 3rd now. It's going to be tough to replace De Preville's goal output but I think we have the guys to do it.

I also took the Uruguay job after they qualified for the WC. Should be fun playing with Cavani and Suarez.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:08 PM   #284
Rookie

nikz847's Arena

While waiting for FIFA 18, I was planning a few career modes with some house rules to make it more realistic and to ensure that I don't get bored after a season or two.

Started one career with Borussia Monchengladbach. I play full manual, 15 minute halves, slow and use the community v3 sliders. Decided to keep this squad for the season and to engage in transfer activity from the 18/19 season. One of the house rules concerns the net spend - basically I looked at transfermarkt.com for Gladbach's net spend in the last five seasons, averaged it and am using that as a metric to buying players. This will ensure that I don't stockpile all the promising young talents and that I only buy big if I am forced to sell one of my star players.

Concerning the youth academy, I've always found that it is way overpowered in FIFA. Even with a league two team, you can essentially build a team of world class talents in 2-3 seasons. In real life, it is actually pretty rare that you'll be bringing in so many highly rated youngsters at the same time. I came up with a randomized method of selecting scouts and prospects factoring in Gladbach's actual youth policy as well. Let me know if you want details, will be happy to share them.

With all that sorted, have played 5 games till now in the Bundesliga and I'm top of the league with 4 wins from 5 games. I have a counter-attacking style of play and like my attackers to be fluid and have free roles. Due to this, the goals are usually shared around and this season, Stindl, Hazard, Raffael, Herrmann and Hoffmann have all got on the score sheet multiple times.Bayern/Dortmund have had a poor start to the season and looking through their stats, I found that the issue of CPU teams not playing their best players still exists, unfortunately.

As I mentioned in the other thread, before starting the career, I also modified the aggression CTT for all teams in the league so that the base value moved from 23 to 55. Till now, I have seen that games have been quite physical and have seen fair number of CPU fouls called as well. I've had a number of niggling injuries as well but nothing long term, thankfully. Will provide another update after I advance further.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:04 AM   #285
All Star

OVR: 20

Is there any way to deal with the high match ratings of your own players? I am mid-table and have the highest match ratings by far which has resulted in player of the month awards in back to back months.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2017, 12:28 PM   #286
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Is there any way to deal with the high match ratings of your own players? I am mid-table and have the highest match ratings by far which has resulted in player of the month awards in back to back months.
Play WORSE? 🤔 Lol!
#WeAreND
Old 10-21-2017, 02:22 PM   #287
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Play WORSE? 🤔 Lol!
It’s definitely not my play as I’m losing to teams I should beat.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:30 PM   #288
Rookie

Ghostrider1078's Arena

Okay...sooo...I have a dumb question: It feels like the majority of the cpu team play the exact same way. It's not park the bus but it might as well be. They might press my back line but as soon as I'm across midfield they all retreat in front of their box. Liverpool might be the only exception, it is ridiculously annoying. Am I losing my mind? Does the AI play the same no matter which team they are using?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »