Home

How's your FIFA career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA career mode going? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2016, 04:32 PM   #41
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: How's your FIFA career mode going?

I decided on a English Championship side that has a stadium in game, and a american on roster: Newcastle United
I play with summer transfers off for start.
Played 1st match against ECL side Fulham to a 1-1 draw. They scored early on from a set piece, then I drew a penalty late in 2nd half to tie it up.
Then I played 1st Cup match against Coventry City, where it was total domination, ended up 7-3. It felt like I was playing a lower league team, as I had my best players in starting 11. Gale with 5 goals. Was a crazy game, never ha a game like that before, will see if that continues, maybe put level up, if to easy. But my ECL match was not easy.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 04:55 PM   #42
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
I decided on a English Championship side that has a stadium in game, and a american on roster: Newcastle United
I play with summer transfers off for start.
Played 1st match against ECL side Fulham to a 1-1 draw. They scored early on from a set piece, then I drew a penalty late in 2nd half to tie it up.
Then I played 1st Cup match against Coventry City, where it was total domination, ended up 7-3. It felt like I was playing a lower league team, as I had my best players in starting 11. Gale with 5 goals. Was a crazy game, never ha a game like that before, will see if that continues, maybe put level up, if to easy. But my ECL match was not easy.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Good choice. Newcastle is always one of my favs to use due to having a sweet stadium, St James' Park, and nice kits. Fun team to rebuild.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:35 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

FC Barcelona 2018-2019

I simulated 1st 2 seasons to build up my youth academy a bit, and also wanted to see how some of the players increased/decreased. Wanted to fulfill my goal of increasing 10 youth academy players by 10 OVR by the end of year 3, which I did in the last week of year 2 actually. It was cool doing that but now I'm ready to get playing. I just played the pre-season and Spanish Super Cup and now gonna start the real season soon.

GK: Ter Stegen (86), Youth Player (77)

RB: Florenzi (85), Roberto (81)
CB: Pique (86), Umtiti (85), Mascherano (81)
LB: Alba (87), Digne (83)
CDM: Busquets (88), Samper (79), Fosu-Mensah (79)
CM: Pogba (92), Gomes (90)
LM: D. Suarez (84)
CAM: Youth Player (80)
RW: Messi (92), Youth Player (76)
LW: Neymar (95)
ST: Suarez (90), Alcacer (85), Alex Hunter (84)

I created Alex Hunter with the same attributes that I finished "the Journey" on. Changed Roberto to a RB (and bumped a few of his attributes) before starting career mode as well. Also it's funny the Youth player RW is from Argentina, is also left footed, has potential to be special, and about the same size as Messi basically 5'7''. LOL maybe Messi 2.0.

The other 7 youth players are either already on loan or will (hopefully) be loaned by end of August. I also have 2 or 3 more in the academy right now.

Last edited by burth179; 10-10-2016 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:05 PM   #44
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I have a career going with NYCFC in MLS. In my last game against the Montreal Impact, we managed to secure a 2-0 lead at the half on some pretty sweet goals. At the 72nd minute, our defense fell apart and they knocked in an easy goal to close the gap to one. For the rest of the 90 minutes they hit us with a brutal attack. They went all out. When I saw there was 5 minutes of extra time, I was like, "OH NO!" Lol. Thankfully we were able to survive and get out of there with a win.

That was huge for us because it moved us to 2-3-4. We're in 9th place, but not terribly far off from the front of the pack. Hopefully I can string together some wins and keep this thing moving. Currently playing with OS Set #3/World Class. After losing a couple where the CPU was able to score late on us, it felt good to keep it together this time. These games are so intense!

When the transfer market opens, I plan on picking up my guy Lee Dong Gook from the K League. I'm also eyeing a couple of more.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 10-14-2016 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:51 PM   #45
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

So, are we STILL not able to change a player from a CAM or CDM to a CM?! That was screwed up last year. It was fine in FIFA 15. If it's not in this upcoming patch, it really hurts my roster editing.
#WeAreND
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 11:26 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

Man U sure does love buying strikers lol.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:14 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
So, are we STILL not able to change a player from a CAM or CDM to a CM?! That was screwed up last year. It was fine in FIFA 15. If it's not in this upcoming patch, it really hurts my roster editing.
Nope, it's not possible. I started a career with 2nd league side Karlsruher SC in Germany and the RB in the starting formation was a CDM so I just left him there. Technically you can put anybody anywhere and train the attributes that are relevant for this position. The only thing that doesn't change then is the official position. But I agree. Would be more fun if you could switch the official position, too.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:23 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I have a career going with NYCFC in MLS. In my last game against the Montreal Impact, we managed to secure a 2-0 lead at the half on some pretty sweet goals. At the 72nd minute, our defense fell apart and they knocked in an easy goal to close the gap to one. For the rest of the 90 minutes they hit us with a brutal attack. They went all out. When I saw there was 5 minutes of extra time, I was like, "OH NO!" Lol. Thankfully we were able to survive and get out of there with a win.

That was huge for us because it moved us to 2-3-4. We're in 9th place, but not terribly far off from the front of the pack. Hopefully I can string together some wins and keep this thing moving. Currently playing with OS Set #3/World Class. After losing a couple where the CPU was able to score late on us, it felt good to keep it together this time. These games are so intense!

When the transfer market opens, I plan on picking up my guy Lee Dong Gook from the K League. I'm also eyeing a couple of more.

Sounds good. I started my player career in the MLS because I found it quite exciting to make myself a name in the US and then get transferred to the US. You said you are in 9th place now. Doesn't really matter as long as you finish at least 8th, right? Since there is the playoff system...

Last edited by cholle89; 10-17-2016 at 06:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »