Home

How's your FIFA career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA career mode going? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2016, 08:25 AM   #49
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: How's your FIFA career mode going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholle89
Sounds good. I started my player career in the MLS because I found it quite exciting to make myself a name in the US and then get transferred to the US. You said you are in 9th place now. Doesn't really matter as long as you finish at least 8th, right? Since there is the playoff system...
You're probably right. Not really familiar with MLS playoffs, so I was thinking of it like Barclay's. If it's 8th place it will definitely give me a better shot lol. I hate that there aren't really any changes to the mode this year, but running in MLS has been good times.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2016, 08:55 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
You're probably right. Not really familiar with MLS playoffs, so I was thinking of it like Barclay's. If it's 8th place it will definitely give me a better shot lol. I hate that there aren't really any changes to the mode this year, but running in MLS has been good times.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk
I just checked. The top six teams out of both conferences get a playoff spot. Before 2k15 it was the top eight, so keep going for the 6th position
Old 10-17-2016, 09:13 AM   #51
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cholle89
Nope, it's not possible. I started a career with 2nd league side Karlsruher SC in Germany and the RB in the starting formation was a CDM so I just left him there. Technically you can put anybody anywhere and train the attributes that are relevant for this position. The only thing that doesn't change then is the official position. But I agree. Would be more fun if you could switch the official position, too.
I'm trying to edit all 20 Premier League teams so that they start the correct players. It's virtually impossible and this is causing a big part of the issue. It makes zero sense that we can't make anyone just a straight CM and it's the second year in a row it's happened. They won't answer you on twitter, the phone number I tried isn't in service anymore, and when I reported the issue on their website, I got a generic response back, basically saying they didn't have an answer. So, the most infuriating part of this or ANYthing about this game is that they DO NOT COMMUNICATE. The FIFA "team" is by far the worst group of developers when it comes to this. Last straw for me. Unless there is a complete overhaul for '18, I've purchased my last FIFA game.
#WeAreND
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2016, 09:22 AM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
I'm trying to edit all 20 Premier League teams so that they start the correct players. It's virtually impossible and this is causing a big part of the issue. It makes zero sense that we can't make anyone just a straight CM and it's the second year in a row it's happened. They won't answer you on twitter, the phone number I tried isn't in service anymore, and when I reported the issue on their website, I got a generic response back, basically saying they didn't have an answer. So, the most infuriating part of this or ANYthing about this game is that they DO NOT COMMUNICATE. The FIFA "team" is by far the worst group of developers when it comes to this. Last straw for me. Unless there is a complete overhaul for '18, I've purchased my last FIFA game.
That doesn't surprise me at all and I don't want to generalize even though I have to right now: Don't forget that EA Sports is an american respectively canadian brand. So what can I say about Nothern Americans and european football? They don't give a ****. And that might be the case at the development team

If you want to edit them then do it. For me that would be too time consuming but indeed it is a nice idea
Old 10-24-2016, 12:40 PM   #53
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Finally had a chance to put some real time in over the weekend. Started a career with FC Koln in the Bundesliga as Italian gaffer Vincenzo Di Stefano. Playing 15min on World Class with manual controls and personal sliders (which I'm sure will change as I go). I follow the community sliders closely, but I can't get on board with the high height style, so I'm left to find something that works for me.

Played the preseason tourney in Holland, losing 2-0 to the hosts, Ajax, in the semis after a win, draw, and loss in the group. I rotated my small squad as much as I could, and tried a few different formations -- 3-5-2, 3-4-2-1, and 4-4-2. Pocketed about 4M for my efforts, so I bought a top-notch youth scout and set up shop in Germany.

I opened the Bundesliga season with a win over Darmstadt thanks to a late winner, lost to a better Wolfsburg side, drew with Freiburg, and lost to Schalke, again a better side and it showed. CM Milos Jojic went down for 3 months with a broken ankle, forcing me to shift Jonas Hector inside, only for Hector to go off against Freiburg and miss the Schalke match. I'm still feeling my way with the squad, but I'm starting to settle into an approach of getting behind the ball and looking for longer passes to launch attacks, particularly against stronger teams. My offense isn't quite clicking yet, but I played two upper-table teams fairly evenly, just lacked some quality to produce results.

I started some GTN scouting looking for creative promising center mids, pacey dribbling wingers, and strong box-to-box defensive mids. I don't have much squad depth at all and finances will be tight, so I might look for some bargains or a bosman or two in January. And I put Lukas Podolski on my shortlist with an eye to a potential reunion with his beloved hometown club. Not sure I'm in a position to bring him in just yet, but figure I'll keep an eye on him just in case.

I'd love to bring in youth players, but I think that will take a season or two to pay dividends. I did use the level 4 catalog future star (sue me :P); got a German LM (Zimmerman IIRC) who could develop into a replacement for Hector if I sell him on. Signed a youth keeper as well from scouting; my GK Timo Horn is already an 83 at age 23, so I'm not sure I'll be able to hold onto him. He's valued at nearly €30M already and still growing.

Overall, I feel like I found a nice little project for me to build in Koln. This is the earliest I started a CM in a several years, so I can see sticking with it for a few seasons. After that, maybe a change of clubs and/or leagues could keep me going... we shall see.

PS - I streamed all my Bundesliga games on Twitch as King_Oskar. Unfortunately, I didn't have auto-archive turned on. I fixed that, so if you're bored at work, eventually there will be some matches up.

Last edited by Qb; 10-24-2016 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:41 PM   #54
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Finally had a chance to put some real time in over the weekend. Started a career with FC Koln in the Bundesliga as Italian gaffer Vincenzo Di Stefano. Playing 15min on World Class with manual controls and personal sliders (which I'm sure will change as I go). I follow the community sliders closely, but I can't get on board with the high height style, so I'm left to find something that works for me.

Played the preseason tourney in Holland, losing 2-0 to the hosts, Ajax, in the semis after a win, draw, and loss in the group. I rotated my small squad as much as I could, and tried a few different formations -- 3-5-2, 3-4-2-1, and 4-4-2. Pocketed about 4M for my efforts, so I bought a top-notch youth scout and set up shop in Germany.

I opened the Bundesliga season with a win over Darmstadt thanks to a late winner, lost to a better Wolfsburg side, drew with Freiburg, and lost to Schalke, again a better side and it showed. CM Milos Jojic went down for 3 months with a broken ankle, forcing me to shift Jonas Hector inside, only for Hector to go off against Freiburg and miss the Schalke match. I'm still feeling my way with the squad, but I'm starting to settle into an approach of getting behind the ball and looking for longer passes to launch attacks, particularly against stronger teams. My offense isn't quite clicking yet, but I played two upper-table teams fairly evenly, just lacked some quality to produce results.

I started some GTN scouting looking for creative promising center mids, pacey dribbling wingers, and strong box-to-box defensive mids. I don't have much squad depth at all and finances will be tight, so I might look for some bargains or a bosman or two in January. And I put Lukas Podolski on my shortlist with an eye to a potential reunion with his beloved hometown club. Not sure I'm in a position to bring him in just yet, but figure I'll keep an eye on him just in case.

I'd love to bring in youth players, but I think that will take a season or two to pay dividends. I did use the level 4 catalog future star (sue me :P); got a German LM (Zimmerman IIRC) who could develop into a replacement for Hector if I sell him on. Signed a youth keeper as well from scouting; my GK Timo Horn is already an 83 at age 23, so I'm not sure I'll be able to hold onto him. He's valued at nearly €30M already and still growing.

Overall, I feel like I found a nice little project for me to build in Koln. This is the earliest I started a CM in a several years, so I can see sticking with it for a few seasons. After that, maybe a change of clubs and/or leagues could keep me going... we shall see.

PS - I streamed all my Bundesliga games on Twitch as King_Oskar. Unfortunately, I didn't have auto-archive turned on. I fixed that, so if you're bored at work, eventually there will be some matches up.
Di Stefano sounds like the name of an Argentinian who won 5 straight European championships with Real Madrid <3
Old 10-24-2016, 02:19 PM   #55
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
Di Stefano sounds like the name of an Argentinian who won 5 straight European championships with Real Madrid <3
No relation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2016, 04:08 PM   #56
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Team: Arsenal
League: BPL (Finished 3rd last year)
Season Record: 5W-0D-1L 11F 2A +9GD
All Time Record: 38W-15D-13L F99 A51 +48GD
Trophies Won: FA Cup
Settings: 10 Min Half, World Class, Matt's OS community Sliders, Normal Speed, Manual controls, custom tactics for all opposing teams

2016/17 Recap
I started at Aston Villa. Managed them for 22 matches, knocked out Man City in the Capital One Cup and had a 10w-8d-4L record. Wenger got sacked, Arsenal was 7th and I got the job.

I signed Varane in the winter from Real Madrid. I signed Renato Sanches as well on loan for 2 years with option to buy.

We finished 3rd in the league. We won the FA Cup. We got knocked out in the last 16 by borussia mönchengladbach. Getting knocked out was my fault, first time being there and we played to much of an attacking style. Learning from that really helped me in the FA Cup and I expect to do much better in the UCL Knockouts next year.

Giroud had 21 goals in the league, 25 overall. Cech won player of the Competition. Diego Costa won the Golden Boot with 25 league goals. Cristiano Ronaldo won player of the tournament in the UCL, Bayern beat Real Madrid in the final.

I would give Coquelin Arsenal player of the year. He was irreplaceable.

finished the season with Arsenal with a record of 23w-7d-8L 64F 33A

pre-season
Wenger is out, Arsenal will now spend money and act like one of the worlds biggest football clubs.

IN:
Bale $75M Real Madrid
Griezmann $60M Atleti
Kurzawa $38M PSG
Umtiti $35M Lyon

OUT
Wilshere $30M Everton
Mertesacker $16M Bologna
Elneny $3.5M Southampton
Koscielny $21.5M Barcelona

We won the pre-season cup. We lost the FA Community Shield to defending Champions Man United 0-0 (5-4 on pen)

I will now begin the second season. Objective win the league, UCL semi-finals.

LW Sanchez ----- ST Giroud ----- RW Bale
------------ M Pjanic ----- CM Ozil -------------
-------------- CDM Coquelin -------------
LB Kurzawa - CB Umtiti - CB Varane - RB Bellerin

August Schedule
@ West Ham
Leicester City
@ Spurs
Swansea

We will be looking for 10 of the 12 possible points.

Will be streaming games on my twitch, going to archive matches as well.

Last edited by RonMexico1992; 10-24-2016 at 04:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »