Home

How's your FIFA career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA career mode going? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2020, 04:43 PM   #625
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: How's your FIFA career mode going?

Nearly 2/3 of my way through my first season of Player CM with Murray Miracles, a CF for Western United FC of the Australian A-League.

We're currently in 3rd but could go first if we win in our game-in-hand. We pretty much were top of the table after the first month but after a January that saw us get 2 points from 9 we lost our cushion and our GD dropped. It's a 3 way race between us, Sydney FC, and Perth Glory.

Personally, I'm top of the league in scoring with 14 goals in 18 matches played while chipping in 8 assists too. One cool thing I never knew was in FIFA was there are league records. I got a graphic saying I was on pace to set the record for goals in an A-League season. Also, got a call-up to the New Zealand Nat'l squad making my debut against Venezuela and adding an assist. Then I was dropped for the next match against Uruguay and haven't been selected since lol.

12 matches left including two with Sydney FC and 1 with Perth. We're going to need to win the matches we're supposed to if we wanna finish top.

So far so good.

If you want to follow my progress give it a look here:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2020, 06:11 PM   #626
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Can someone explain how job offers work? It seems an entire league is available at any time to apply, then a few days later a different league. Seems any job I apply to I get, and that's after finishing 13th in the Chinese Super League my first year. No one should want to hire me!
Old 07-05-2020, 12:05 AM   #627
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Can someone explain how job offers work? It seems an entire league is available at any time to apply, then a few days later a different league. Seems any job I apply to I get, and that's after finishing 13th in the Chinese Super League my first year. No one should want to hire me!
You've pretty much got the whole of it. Job offers are one of the poorer aspects of career mode. Unless you get fired or have a job rating under 60 I believe almost every team will extend an offer to you if you apply. You don't even have to advance a day to get different offered most of the time you can quit to the main menu and then load up your career again and the jobs available switches to a different league.

Leagues that come up will either be similar quality level. Unless you win the league or something then it just rotates between the big 5 european leagues. Once you make it to that level those will be your only options unless you get fired.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:10 AM   #628
MVP

Playing FIFA 12 on PS3. I just took over Deportivo Coruña only to find Messi isnt ay Barça. As my team is trash and I'm not very good at the game, it has little relevance to my personal fortunes, but I find it curious and wonder where he went to. I moved from Amkar Perm (in Russia, now defunct) and Balotelli was playing for Lokomotiv.

Hmm so when last I commented on this thread, I think I was in Houston with the Dynamo still. I got offers from Mexico and Russia. Should've gone to Liga MX. But anyway now I'm in Spain. I had some crazy legendary sliders at Amkar but then I reset everything and just went to playing on pro and wow has it been a learning curve.

Through I believe nine games for Deportivo I have one win and two ties. Granted, I'm one of the least talented teams, but I should've taken points away from my first two games, especially as my goal is to avoid relegation.

It would be nice to build something here. I made a bunch of transfer purchases when I came in and, frankly, I should've cut more of the chaff. I brought in two defenders, two midfielders (Liam Trotter and Bit Goon Ya Ram), and a striker. Solórzano has taken over for Riki and is one of the leading scorers in the league with six goals, four of which came in our first three games. That third game, he had a hat trick, with two goals called in stoppage time. It was brilliant. We won 4-3. I think we lost the next one 3-4. The two ties came in our last four games, but this most recent one (against last place Hercules) I'd have liked to have been a win. We'll nonetheless need ties to get from the bottom three.

Bruno Gama and Andres Guardado are a lot of fun in front.

I'm learning somewhat how to play defense since then, but I think I overdo it in the opponent's half sometime, and don't give myself space to develop an attack. Also I've had some weird luck with some of my shots, so I'm trying to regulate that some. As well as just make smarter passes.

I'm relatively new to football in general and FIFA with it, but the return of the EPL has inspired me, and it's a lot of fun even if I am trash.

Update: beat Real Sporting 5-1 to move us a tad up the table (and clear of relegation for now), then beat Levanté 2-1 to open the Copa del Rey (my goal is to get out of the group). It was a pretty great game. Kinda expected to dominate them after soundly beating a Liga Primera team. The finale was fantastic. We made a save on a corner kick during added time, then we got two corners. Obviously they made one save but then we converted on the next one, with former starting striker (current reserve) Riki knocking through a header.

In the 5-1 game, my first goal was with Andre Marques. Attempted header on a corner, then a recovery with his foot after the save. Then each of my wingers - Guardado, Lassad each scored, and so did my striker Solorzano and my center attacker/playmaker Bruno Gama. I think two of them came real late in the game. It got a little brutal. Lol.

Haven't had a clean sheet yet. Need to tighten up the defense.

Last edited by nofx94; 07-06-2020 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:22 PM   #629
Rookie

Blu_de_Kol's Arena

FIFA 20 - Realistic Career Save - Ideas

I have encountered a lot of posts on building and trying to build a realistic manager career mode save in erstwhile FIFA versions and in at present in FIFA 20. Personally, I have implemented some ideas of mine regarding the same (using PC mods in certains cases - *I play on PC with mods*) and have some in my find to try out in future. I just wanted to use the forum to share those experiences and ideas for a wider community. Some of these can also be found from other posts/threads in this community/similar communities across this platform and others (which have inspired/influenced me).With new transfer window in action and update squads, a new career mode awaits.Here it goes.

a) Manager selection for a career mode

Journeyman manager: Manage across globe. Maybe start as a Scottish manager with a team from Scotland and then move to lower leagues in England and then ultimately to the Premier league. The same can be traced with a Dutch manager starting from Dutch Eredivisie moving to Spain OR someone starting out with a Swiss Super League club or the Austrian Bundesliga to move to German Bundesliga OR start with a lower league team in England/France/Germany/Spain/Italy and move to a top division club in that country after impressing them with your performances. The PC mods come into play in these as you can change the manager face to reflect a real face rather a generic one by importing head models for a real player (like Steven Naismith , Scottish manager managing a Scottish team). For selecting the player to be the manager. you can search in sites like [sofifa.com](https://sofifa.com) to find players with real faces, specific nationality and above age of a certain age whose head models you can use to override the existing generic face (like search for scottish nationality players above age of 34 with real faces - Steven Naismith is one search result returns).

Road to Glory/One Club only/Sporting Director mode: Manage at only one club ever. Use the Live Editor tool in PC to get a permanent manager rating of 99 always. You can start by selecting a manager of choice using PC mods like above (like legend Alan Shearer or any British ex-player/old player available with a real face managing Blackburn Rovers in England Championship) and lead the club to glory days of top division and European football. In between if you want to change the manager face, change it like before using the PC mods again and again. The story looks as if the underachieving manager was sacked or overachieving manager left for greener pastures or the manager just retired/moved on at end of contract for a new rookie to step up/step in.

b) Transfer market activities

Transferring players in and out is a big part of career mode. To get it as close to real as of the actual club you are managing rather than using [sofifa.com](https://sofifa.com) in this case (which kills the fun exposing all potentials and rest all), use [transfermarkt.com](https://transfermarkt.com) to get to know all past transfers of the club - to understand the club's philosophy and strategy with regards to transfers. This helps to understand what sort of players the club goes for be it age group they target (experienced ones to younger ones), quality of players (star players to good players to okayish squad players), nationalities ( major nations to that one nation where they had a breakout star from ). For scouting purpose, you can use [transfermarkt.com](https://transfermarkt.com) to find a list of players for positions and age groups you are looking for - minus the actual potential ratings. From there use your best judgement and GTN scouting to sort and filter your targets. I would suggest to look back into last decade of transfer activity to get a feel of the type ,scale of transfers and leagues being looked into. A good way to plan your transfers can be devised by looking at this YouTube video : [https://www.youtube.com/watchv=UxaDY...Zh2_sD&index=2)
* Track the real life transfer rumours for the club you are managing and see if you can actually afford those players and whether they fit into your playing style/philosophy.
* While scouting players, look at the ratings for specific attributes where you want to use the player - like look at FK Accuracy, Curve,Shot Power, Long Shots etc. for player you are looking to be your primary Free Kick taker. Do not get swayed by the overall rating of the player - he's there to do one or two specific jobs within the playing XI - not be a one man army.
* Transfer player contract/Contract renewal negotiations also offer a good opportunity to tailor a realistic experience.

1. Getting realistic player market values in sync with real world - use of so called Realism mods for PC, trying to get players within your stipulated budget.
2. Use the free signings options with a self-imposed restriction which can be curated based on free signing history of the club you are managing (again refer to [transfermarkt.com](https://transfermarkt.com) ) - looking at how many free signings in a season, quality and market value of players etc. Again for this I would suggest to look back into last decade of transfer activity to get a feel of the type ,scale of transfers and leagues being looked into.
3. Offering contracts during negotiations within means, trying to stay within a self-imposed salary cap (which can be increased/decreased based on team progress), offering roles which you know you will be actually offering (like do not offer important role to a young high potential player just for sake of getting him, when you are really not going to play him much that season).

* Transfer Budget handling \- Mainly for a One club management/Road to Glory using PC mods as discussed above, you can use the Live Editor tool and Cheat Engine to modify the budget as you wish - make it reflect real life budget OR change it to reflect an increase after a Club Ownership change or promotion to the top division or an upgrade in stadium size ( which again is achievable using Cheat Engine PC tool) etc. The same can be used for Journeyman Career Mode also, but to what extent is up to the user.

c) Youth Academy

1. Use (again) [transfermarkt.com](https://transfermarkt.com) to find out the countries from where most of the academy players are from now and in the past at the club you are managing (under the History>Miscellaneous>Youth Academy) - these will be the countries where you focus your youth scouting on.
2. For scouting youth players use a short window (3 months) if you are from the higher-mid-to-lower division sides or longer window (6 months) if you are a high-to-mid-lower division team. These spans from the fact that lower sides primarily feed on the growth and sporting success of youth players compared to high end teams, who rather will buy ready-made first team talent or a near finished young player.
3. For scouting youth player type, try searching for a specific type (like technically gifted, strong etc.) rather than searching for default "any" type of player.

d) Training activities

1. Train youth players in groups (like strikers/attackers together etc.) and have 3/4 training preset groups which you can rotate/change after every 2 weeks.
2. Impose a training overall attribute limit of 70 for all youth players. Once they reach an overall of 70, they should be removed from training schedule and grow naturally and as they get game time. (If the PC Realism Mod is used, it constrains growth and player growth is a lot slower like real life than in actual game where training is a bit overpowered.)
3. Training senior players to be done for 2-4 weeks for some specific attributes, if you see them performing badly in games (like a striker missing target very frequently in last 3/4 matches, can be trained for next 2-3 weeks on his shooting skills).

e) Press interviews and Player interactions

1. Give genuine reactions - DO NOT hide your emotions to manipulate the game to improve player and team morale. A 6-0 loss to rivals or a 2-1 narrow loss in cup against minnows, should not prompt a response like "we played well/ our confidence is solid "etc. - these need the typical hair-dryer responses.
2. Player interactions mainly deal with appeasing players playing time and morale massaging - be blunt and truthful. A rotation player needs to understand he will not play every week or an important player playing mostly every week, coming and asking to quit if not played regularly needs a dressing down or tactful handling based on his importance in your plans.

f) Gameplay and tactics

1. If you are following the Road to Glory/One Club idea, stick to a core playing style (like Barcelona or Arsenal) and try to achieve it by tailoring different formations (like 4-3-3,4-4-2 etc.) to reflect that playing style - as if different managers are coming in and out as seasons progress and keep the club playing the same style of football.
2. If you are following a Journeyman career mode, try to devise a playing philosophy (like Pep Guardiola's tiki-taka or Jose Mourinho's park-the-bus) and tune your formations to reflect the same using custom team tactics.
3. For any Custom tactics set (i.e. Ultra Defensive, Defensive, Balanced, Attacking ,Ultra Attacking), use the balanced, attacking and defensive ones to use a variety of formations with similar playing style without the extreme aggressions, maybe of balanced intent; the other two i.e. Ultra Defensive and Ultra Attacking to be used as the extreme defensive and attacking options. This helps to imitate the real life in game formation switch, without the actual change in attacking or defensive intensity with each formation change.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

Chelsea F.C. || East Bengal FC|| Atletico de Kolkata

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »