Home

Offline Player Career Mode - Any Changes?

This is a discussion on Offline Player Career Mode - Any Changes? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2016, 06:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Offline Player Career Mode - Any Changes?

I've been almost exclusively playing manager Career Mode since I got FIFA 17 and was wondering if anyone has played much offline player Career Mode yet? If so, has there been any changes?

My biggest bugbear last year was that, even though your player improved, your contract NEVER got changed. So I ended up being the best player in the game with a massive transfer value, but still being paid a pittance, and with no way of renegotiating other than putting in transfer requests, which were always declined.

Has anyone played any length of time on player Career Mode yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 11:58 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Offline Player Career Mode - Any Changes?

i don't have the game, but i think it's unlikely to have changed. it's historically the most overlooked mode in fifa and it should only get worse now that we have the journey.

have you tried pes? i'm a fifa guy, and the player career on pes also receives criticism for not having changed throughout the years, but anyway it's still imo THE game aspect where pes is millions, trillions, bazillions miles ahead of fifa. not perfect, but much more dynamic, fun and (semi-)realistic. fwiw, you receive tens of spontaneous transfer offers per season.

tbh, i'd rather play a pes player career on ps2 or psp than a fifa player career on the ps4. seriously. that's how wrong fifa gets it.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:37 AM   #3
Rookie

I remember way back in FIFA 12, the manager in Be a Pro mode would always make such lousy signings that you'd have defenders as goalkeepers, and you would eventually run out of players on the team and have to forfeit every match. Did they at least fix THAT?
Old 10-10-2016, 04:37 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggroblakh
I remember way back in FIFA 12, the manager in Be a Pro mode would always make such lousy signings that you'd have defenders as goalkeepers, and you would eventually run out of players on the team and have to forfeit every match. Did they at least fix THAT?
I haven't got as far in this year's game yet to find out, but there were definitely still issues around awful CPU manager signings last year. My team had won the Premier League and Champions Cup several times and must have had an enormous budget, but they still insisted on keeping - and playing - an awful striker who'd been there from the start.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:09 PM   #5
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Not much different. Except a couple fancy screens about your finances... oh and a game-killing bug that never rewards your team for doing well. And another game-killing bug that can allow you to win the league and still get fired because you didn't achieve certain "goals"....

The gameplay is sweet and that has me playing, but if you aren't a massive club with a massive budget you are screwed and you have to have a small budget forever, regardless of your success.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 10:15 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzromanov
I've been almost exclusively playing manager Career Mode since I got FIFA 17 and was wondering if anyone has played much offline player Career Mode yet? If so, has there been any changes?

My biggest bugbear last year was that, even though your player improved, your contract NEVER got changed. So I ended up being the best player in the game with a massive transfer value, but still being paid a pittance, and with no way of renegotiating other than putting in transfer requests, which were always declined.

Has anyone played any length of time on player Career Mode yet?
I started my career out at Durgardens in the Allsvenskan. They sent me out on loan in January to a team in France Ligue 2 and my wages were $7,000 while I was on loan. When I came back to Djurgardens at the end of the year, my wages for them had changed from $1000 to $7000.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:26 AM   #7
Rookie

Looks like the answer to this question is "no."

Currently in my second season as a CAM with Nottingham Forest. We got promoted in the first season, and are currently leading the Premier League. I'm the team's top scorer with 17 goals, currently rated 92 OVR and worth over £100m.....

.....but still on £9.8k p/w and with no way of changing it.

And there's no way that any other team will pay that transfer fee for me if I do request a move.

So lazy of EA not to put an option in to ask for a raise. CPU players do it all the time in Career Manager Mode, so why can't we as players in Player Mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »