Home

Patch coming soon?

This is a discussion on Patch coming soon? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2016, 11:24 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Patch coming soon?

Will there be a patch coming? I would like to know when and what sort of things (just briefly) they will be fixing??? And should I wait longer to start my Career Mode or just get it started????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 12:37 AM   #2
Rookie

mlbshower15's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Patch coming soon?

was just gonna post about this. pretty sure you can start a career mode and the patch will not impact it. once a patch goes live it affects all gameplay.

the lack of communication from EA is ridiculous, but they don't care as long as those little kids are buying up their ultimate team packs
Old 10-11-2016, 09:32 AM   #3
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

History suggests there will be a patch in the near future with some stability and gameplay fixes/tuning. With this being the first year incorporating Frostbite, it's hard to say what/how much they will address. I could see them tuning some of the new features (eg, shielding) and AI behaviors (spatial recognition or whatever they called it) based on post-release feedback, but don't expect all our wildest dreams to come true.

As for career mode, mode-specific fixes might require a new career save. Let's say the manager rating is borked, or something with the youth players; those might need a new save, but again it's hard to say. However, it's fairly safe to say any non-career fixes would apply across all modes and previously created saves.

PS - Just to turn the screw a bit, I can see them patching in the new EPL graphics & scorebug. Even if I think they're ugly.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:13 PM   #4
Rookie

flo182's Arena

Don't count on ANY changes to career mode. Since most of the things that are broken (AI starting XI, other league tables, budgets) have been broken for years and haven't been fixed, don't expect a patch to fix them.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:24 AM   #5
Rookie

SamuelChapo's Arena

Fix the in game fixtures presentation it still shows generic stadium names even if you renamed them and play with customised rosters in career mode.

And another thing teammate pressure button is just too stupid to even have that button in game. No matter how much you use it your CPU defenders just run round and round the ball carrier but never try to get real contact to the ball...also when the ball is loose on your own box defenders sometimes just ignore completely available balls to clear. I just hate that i have to do EVERYTHING on defence without any assistance for my fellow CPU defenders. Like 4 of 10 goals i concede comes from the lack of my CPU teammates AI the CPU opponent plays much smarter and reactive defence.

If i remember correct when i played pes 17 demo on it your own defenders sometimes slided to the ball and stole it even if i wasnt controlling that player at the moment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 07:31 AM   #6
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelChapo
Fix the in game fixtures presentation it still shows generic stadium names even if you renamed them and play with customised rosters in career mode.

And another thing teammate pressure button is just too stupid to even have that button in game. No matter how much you use it your CPU defenders just run round and round the ball carrier but never try to get real contact to the ball...also when the ball is loose on your own box defenders sometimes just ignore completely available balls to clear. I just hate that i have to do EVERYTHING on defence without any assistance for my fellow CPU defenders. Like 4 of 10 goals i concede comes from the lack of my CPU teammates AI the CPU opponent plays much smarter and reactive defence.

If i remember correct when i played pes 17 demo on it your own defenders sometimes slided to the ball and stole it even if i wasnt controlling that player at the moment.
PES 17 has indeed an option to set the aggressiveness of your own cpu controlled defenders.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:31 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

I put the below in the Premier League Presentation topic as well, but thought I should mention it here also.

If you take a look at the below link, and use a translator or can read Spanish, it seems like the presentation for the PL and LaLiga will be updated. It's confirmed by someone at EA but no timeframe is provided.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Discusion-G...t/false/page/3
Old 10-12-2016, 03:10 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballguy
I put the below in the Premier League Presentation topic as well, but thought I should mention it here also.

If you take a look at the below link, and use a translator or can read Spanish, it seems like the presentation for the PL and LaLiga will be updated. It's confirmed by someone at EA but no timeframe is provided.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Discusion-G...t/false/page/3
Sorry, but there's nothing in the last 3 pages of that link about such updates. The supposed EA contact "EA_julio" wrote in page 4. He just said there's no news about having a mini-logo in the scoreboard. He didn't (or don't wanted) understood that the guys were asking about the lack of the official presentations of BPL and La Liga!

Last edited by ricardodc; 10-12-2016 at 03:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »