Home

"Homesick" in Career Mode Needs Removed

This is a discussion on "Homesick" in Career Mode Needs Removed within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2016, 10:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
"Homesick" in Career Mode Needs Removed

This is ridiculous. I'm halfway into first season (January transfer market) and my goalie (Lloris) says he is homesick and the board says they are going to sell him. I say no to an offer and they sell him anyway. Best part is they send him from Spurs to Manchester United, who already have the second highest rated goalie and is not located anywhere near France.

This has basically ruined the save and I don't know that I want to continue. Can anything be done about this? It is beyond stupid logic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2016, 05:33 PM   #2
Rookie

Aviator87AC's Arena

Re: "Homesick" in Career Mode Needs Removed

In FIFA 15 there was logic to have homesick players stick around even if they don't like the country. It was always a bit of a coin flip, but the best thing I found to do when a player says he's homesick is offer them a better contract. I'm pretty sure it's the same in FIFA 17.

My guess is Man U was working a deal "in the background" for Lloris once the homesick RNG triggered. Take a look at his contract, my guess is it's better with Man U. And if that's not enough role play for you, technically he left London for Manchester - which is basically a different country
Old 10-19-2016, 11:13 PM   #3
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_rmm
This is ridiculous. I'm halfway into first season (January transfer market) and my goalie (Lloris) says he is homesick and the board says they are going to sell him. I say no to an offer and they sell him anyway. Best part is they send him from Spurs to Manchester United, who already have the second highest rated goalie and is not located anywhere near France.

This has basically ruined the save and I don't know that I want to continue. Can anything be done about this? It is beyond stupid logic.
Yeah its so beyond broke its a joke its even in the game. koscielny said he was homesick, board sold him to Bayern. LOL
Old 10-24-2016, 10:48 PM   #4
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

What the hell kind of sense does THIS make?!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8917.jpg (619.3 KB, 270 views)
#WeAreND
Old 10-25-2016, 05:46 AM   #5
Rookie

If the "homesick" player were always sold back to a club in the country of their birth, then I could live with that. But when a homesick Frenchman moves to Sunderland then well, I'm not having it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2016, 06:33 PM   #6
Rookie

I'm all for FIFA trying to add some realism to the transfer market but they should put more effort into it. The board sold my best playmaker in late January on the cheap and cost me a run at the champions cup. Dumb.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:34 PM   #7
Rookie

The Yurpman's Arena

OVR: 6

I believe there is a trick to getting around this. I've seen it posted many times. After a player says he's homesick, loan the player out and then immediately call him back. He'll stay at your club.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:49 PM   #8
Rookie

Assuming this is right before the January window, in the future save your game the last week of December, and continue. If the player says he wants to leave, exist the screen and load the save. Just keep reloading until the player decides he wants to stay.

I think even after that point you can still influence the board, the same way. So even if it's too late to re-load that he wants to leave, I think you can still do the same thing. Just keep re-loading until the board gives you the "you can do what you want" message rather than the "we must sell" message.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »