Home

"Homesick" in Career Mode Needs Removed

This is a discussion on "Homesick" in Career Mode Needs Removed within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2016, 10:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
"Homesick" in Career Mode Needs Removed

This is ridiculous. I'm halfway into first season (January transfer market) and my goalie (Lloris) says he is homesick and the board says they are going to sell him. I say no to an offer and they sell him anyway. Best part is they send him from Spurs to Manchester United, who already have the second highest rated goalie and is not located anywhere near France.

This has basically ruined the save and I don't know that I want to continue. Can anything be done about this? It is beyond stupid logic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 02:41 AM   #2
Pro

Re: "Homesick" in Career Mode Needs Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_rmm
This is ridiculous. I'm halfway into first season (January transfer market) and my goalie (Lloris) says he is homesick and the board says they are going to sell him. I say no to an offer and they sell him anyway. Best part is they send him from Spurs to Manchester United, who already have the second highest rated goalie and is not located anywhere near France.

This has basically ruined the save and I don't know that I want to continue. Can anything be done about this? It is beyond stupid logic.
In the past fifa, at the first announcement of it (you need to react quick), you could offer a new contract with a very high wage to retain the player. Fifa philosophy for this is: home doesn't smell, but money smells home.

Last edited by papinho81; 10-14-2016 at 03:52 AM.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:20 AM   #3
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by papinho81
In the past fifa, at the first announcement of it (you need to react quick), you could offer a new contract with a very high wage to retain the player. Fifa philosophy for this is: home doesn't smell, but money smells home.
yep, throw enough $$$ at any unhappy player and all of the sudden they are happy again.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:56 AM   #4
Rookie

Slight glitch I found: if you saved your career prior to receiving the inbox msg, you can back out, reload your career and continue, 9/10, the player keeps his trap shut. Save me from selling De Gea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2016, 01:58 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Also you can just loan/recall them to clear whatever is ailing the player. My general plan is to loan list anyone who is cranky at the start of the window just to be safe as it drives me nuts when the board goes xfer happy on me.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 01:36 AM   #6
Rookie

BSDShoes's Arena

In my MLS career I had a Brazilian player tell me he was homesick and requested a transfer, he ended up getting transferred to another MLS team. lol
Old 10-16-2016, 07:11 AM   #7
Rookie

flo182's Arena

I really wonder if they even test Career Mode at EA.

Some of these "features" or whatever you wanna call them are just so unbelievably stupid and broken.

-> Other league tables
-> AI transfer logic (teams buying 3 World-class keepers e.g.)
-> Homesick players

They have been in the game for at least 4-5 years now. I understand that if they introduce new features, things can go wrong. But how can something this stupid and obvious still be in the game after 4-5 years???
Old 10-16-2016, 01:47 PM   #8
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Thing is, I'm not even sure where they got the idea in the first place. It's such an unbelievably rare occurance.

It's like they wanted to make things more challenging so they just made some stuff up.

"have players on the user team randomly request to leave"
"How should we implement that?"
"Idk man, does it really matter? Just say they are homesick or something who even cares?"

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »